Black People : What Is A Priority? What are the most pressing needs of Black People?

Blackbird

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 31, 2004
Da Desert, literally
Occupation
Professional Hitman
What do you think is a priority for Black people, either individually or collectively, that we have not been doing up to this point?

I guess this segues with needs. So what are the most pressing needs of Black people in America, if we have any?

Then again, in order to identify 'the most pressing needs of Black people in America, we need to know if there are any needs specific or unique to Black folks. Do you think Black folks have any needs specific or unique to us only?

What do you think is a priority for Black people, either individually or collectively, that we have not been doing up to this point?

I guess this segues with needs. So what are the most pressing needs of Black people in America, if we have any?

Then again, in order to identify 'the most pressing needs of Black people in America, we need to know if there are any needs specific or unique to Black folks. Do you think Black folks have any needs specific or unique to us only?

Great question Blackbird, I hope this Thread blows up with incessantly fruitful conversation.

In my mind, top priority would be making the bad check good. Either our ancestors receive retribution or impunity continues for the en-slaver.

Every ill-gotten advancement or gain can be traced to slavery. The growth of this nation and many others can be traced to slavery. When slavery supposedly ended in the United States, the exploiting of someone had to replace that free economic labor. The prison system does most of that.Southern nations enjoy exploiting there people for the tourist trade etc...while keeping the masses poor

This book was introduced by Brother skuderjaymes

It references that fact that all economic and gains in the modern day came to fruition based on and from slavery.

http://www.destee.com/index.php?conversations/25005/

MothershipConnections: A Black Atlantic Synthesisof Neoclassical Metaphysicsand Black Theology

I am very concerned to introduce black Atlantic scholarship to post-modern scholars. Why? Because any adequate account of modernity and its possible transcendence must include sustained analysis of our various connections to transatlantic slavery and black Atlantic experiences. Here the “our” in “our various connections” refers to all modern humans. All humans shaped by modernity are connected to transatlantic slavery and black Atlantic experiences.

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

Just thinking out aloud yall, don't pay me no mind, okay?

But if 40 million black folk knew that their ancestors worked for free and built America, it would follow that the one unifying caveat would be monolithic thought of the 40 million, translating into a demand for Reparations ...

It kind of reminds me of ancestor Harriet Tubman's quote ... More could have been freed, if they had known they were slaves ...

I freed a thousand slaves I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves.

Harriet Tubman

Read more at
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/h/harriet_tubman.html#q0ahhiEbgD5jTmPV.99

Last edited:
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

Just thinking out aloud yall, don't pay me no mind, okay?

But if 40 million black folk knew that their ancestors worked for free and built America, it would follow that the one unifying caveat would be monolithic thought of the 40 million, translating into a demand for Reparations ...

It kind of reminds of ancestor Harriet Tubman's quote ... More could have been freed, if they had known they were slaves ...

I freed a thousand slaves I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves.

Harriet Tubman

Read more at
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/h/harriet_tubman.html#q0ahhiEbgD5jTmPV.99

So with understanding your posts, you think reparations is a priority for Black folks in America. Playing devil's advocate, let's we don't ever get reparations, is there any thing else you think should be a priority?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back