Black People : African Ancestry & DNA Tests: The Results

"OF course we know that the ancient egyptians were black, the ancient greeks, the moors of spain and so forth"

I'm probably going to get shot down for saying this, but from what I've seen in illustrations, read in books and heard from people who know more about ancient history, only the ruling class in those societies seemed to have been black, there appear to have been a lot of lighter people living with them.

Nubian-kemsit.jpg

The Moors too seem to have had lots of lighter folk resembling Berbers or Arabs among them.

As far as the tests go - I didn't think they were able to say where you came from, but only to match you up with present day people in Africa, so you might match up with a tribe that now lives in west Africa, but that doesn't mean that tribe didn't originally come from the north or the east.

Once again stefia gives her opinion and never facts which is the reason why you continue to get shot down.

Arabs invaded Egypt in the 7th Century AD; Remember, Egypt wasn't invaded by Rome until 300 BC. Therefore, Arabs have no more connection to Ancient Egypt than Europeans have to Ancient America. Egyptian is an Afro-Asiatic language. (AFRO, AFRO) The national language of modern day Egypt is Egyptian Arabic, which gradually replaced Coptic. (Coptic--Ethiopia)Black Egyptians were eventually mixed with invading Libyans, Persians, Greeks, Romans, Turks, Arabs and Western Europeans. That is where the mixed people of the modern-day Arabs come from. And of course you have the hyksos invasion. The Hyksos were composed of a number of Semitic peoples driven from Western Asia into Africa by instability and famine during the Second Intermediate Period around dynasties thirteen thru seventeen the so called shepherd kings.They were finally driven out by king ahmose the first the founder of the eighteen dynasty. Go ahead read The African Origin of Civilization: by: Cheikh Anta Diop and the Destruction of Black Civilization by chancelor williams. So you see stefia all those people are nothing but invaders and not the indigneous wooly haired africans. So save your eurotwisting conjecture okay.

I already went over the berbers and moors with you in another thread can you give me something besides your opinion:10500:

Once again stefia gives her opinion and never facts which is the reason why you continue to get shot down.

Arabs invaded Egypt in the 7th Century AD; Remember, Egypt wasn't invaded by Rome until 300 BC. Therefore, Arabs have no more connection to Ancient Egypt than Europeans have to Ancient America. Egyptian is an Afro-Asiatic language. (AFRO, AFRO) The national language of modern day Egypt is Egyptian Arabic, which gradually replaced Coptic. (Coptic--Ethiopia)Black Egyptians were eventually mixed with invading Libyans, Persians, Greeks, Romans, Turks, Arabs and Western Europeans. That is where the mixed people of the modern-day Arabs come from. And of course you have the hyksos invasion. The Hyksos were composed of a number of Semitic peoples driven from Western Asia into Africa by instability and famine during the Second Intermediate Period around dynasties thirteen thru seventeen the so called shepherd kings.They were finally driven out by king ahmose the first the founder of the eighteen dynasty. Go ahead read The African Origin of Civilization: by: Cheikh Anta Diop and the Destruction of Black Civilization by chancelor williams. So you see stefia all those people are nothing but invaders and not the indigneous wooly haired africans. So save your eurotwisting conjecture okay.

I already went over the berbers and moors with you in another thread can you give me something besides your opinion:10500:

:SuN049:

Was Septimius Severus the 1st Black man to rule England?

Did you know that Black and Asian people first came to the North East in Roman times? Or that England was once ruled by a Libyan? These and many more historical facts were revealed as part of BBC Black History Month.

Early Black History

Emperor Septimius Severus wasn’t the only Black Roman in Britain. There were other African officers, soldiers … stationed on and around Hadrian’s Wall in the 3rd century.
Black Romans

Black Romans

From the 9th century onwards, there are records of Vikings bringing Moroccans to the region.

There’s a gap in the recording of black presence in the North East of England for nearly 400 years until the start of the 16th century.

Black and Asian presence in the North East of England can be traced back to Septimius Severus, a North African Libyan, who ruled England as Roman Emperor between 193-211 AD.

Severus was unique amongst the Roman emperors as being the first Black citizen to hold the highest office in the empire.
Lucius Septimus

Son of Septimus

The most celebrated example of an early Black presence in Britain is the case of the Roman military garrison on Hadrian’s Wall in Cumbria.

A 4th century inscription tells us that the Roman auxiliary unit, Numerus Maurorum Aurelianorum, was stationed at Aballava, modern day Burgh-by-Sands.

This unit had been mustered in the Roman province of Mauretania in North Africa, modern Morocco.

septimus-severus click on image

septimus-severus
The Black Romans

Genetic evidence

It was recently suggested that African DNA might be found to be present in the local populations near to Hadrian’s Wall.

However, this would not conclusively show that the Black Roman soldiers on the wall intermarried with the local population because of the problem of ‘admixture’.

Admixture is a process whereby the DNA of a population becomes diluted over time and it cannot be shown at what period in time that dilution took place.

African Legacy

During his time in office, Septimius Severus legalised marriage during military service.

There is also evidence that that some Black Romans married, had children, and remained in Britain after their tour of duty.

Skeletons unearthed in a Romano British Cemetery outside York revealed the limb proportions of some of the men suggested that they were Black Africans.

Perhaps they might be considered to be Britain’s first Diaspora people, making Cumbria the birthplace of Black British history?

http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris-the-great-the-egyptian-hercules/the-black-romans/

@Cherryblossom
Some interesting stuff there on black folk in England - I knew there'd been some black legionaries over here, but never knew they'd done skeleton analysis or anything at all about that Libyan emperor. I bet there were probably black folk here even earlier than that though cause its amazing how much international trade went on back in the stone age...

btw did you know the first inhabitants of Sicily were the Sicani, a tribe that came from Libya? - I only found that out myself just before I went on vacation...

Anyways back to the topic of DNA - how do you go about getting tested to see what tribe you might originally come from? Isn't there a problem that presumably our ancestors all got mixed up one tribe with another? Or can they just follow back your mother or father's line? Do you know a company that does this test? Now I've finally got my Ancestry by DNA results back I thought I could start saving to get the other test done at the start of next year maybe.

My boyfriend bought me this book called Faces of Africa which like it says is all portraits of African people - looking through it I remember you saying how different people looked from each other - easy to see that Africa must have a vast bank of DNA while the Euro one must be way smaller, cause although there are differences between them they do all look pretty much alike - no idea if its true or not, but on this documentary I watched on human evolution it said that everyone in the world who isn't African is descended from just 500 people who left Africa and moved into the Middle East. Just in Ethiopia alone there are like so many different kinds of people (looked through the Ethiopians first after this black guy said I looked like an Ethiopian whose color had washed out) - now going back to the Egyptian theme the Oromo people in this book are exactly what I imagine the majority of Ancient Egyptians to look like - maybe its just the hair, but I think the features look right as well, though I better say right now before anyone tells me I'm being dim again that I've got no ounce of proof for my feeling on this....

4041923795_dda784bcc2_o_ed.jpg

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back