Black People : Dr. Ernie Smith- Ebonics and The African Tongue

Don't you dare make me ban you! :spank:

After all we have come through, that cannot be our end Sir! I refuse! :love:

Say what you want (oh gosh) - I can take it! :eeek: :cry:

Now you know with that black behind the ears stuff yall be doing in the Dominican Republic, yall are not going to get a flag! :lol: ... I'm kidding ... the flags happen automatically based on your IP address. It's not anything I do individually, it's automatic. Are you stealing Internet from Haiti? Is that why your IP address says USA? :love:

I love you and hope you're doing great. Please stay safe.

Much Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee
No stealing but do use a VPN with a US address as lots off sites don't allow access. Suffice to say I did not agree with some of Dr Smith had to say.
From watching the news channels and reading articles believe I am much safer here that you are in the US. less crime, less shootings, less covid less fighting between the political parties. :laughing:

No stealing but do use a VPN with a US address as lots off sites don't allow access. Suffice to say I did not agree with some of Dr Smith had to say.
From watching the news channels and reading articles believe I am much safer here that you are in the US. less crime, less shootings, less covid less fighting between the political parties. :laughing:

Regarding Dr. Ernie Adolphus Smith, I bet if we / I could hear you speak, we'd be able to easily point out the "The linguistic continuation of Africa" ... :talk:

Yes, if you are using a VPN, then the community will see that IP address and issue the flag accordingly.

Do you have trouble accessing destee.com directly, without the VPN? Test it out and let me know please. If you do see an error, share a screenshot of the error with me. If our server is blocking you, I may be able to help with that. I'd be surprised if you were blocked from here. You can put the screenshot in a private conversation to me.

I did not mean to suggest that you were in harm's way, more than I am, by saying please stay safe.

I meant to share my love and hope, what I want for you, for me, for all of us.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Dr. Ernie Smith - Ebonics and The African Tongue
One African-centered linguistic paradigm argues the primary language of most descendants of
enslaved Africans in the United States is not English but an African language. The language is called "Ebonics."
Our language is key to our development and progression internationally as a people. If we don't know our language how can we properly define the struggle for younger generations? Words have power within them and that's why we must know our words to elevate ourselves! video - 9 mins

Tru dat! Language is the reflector and transmitter of culture!!! Our enemies knew this very well, which is why they took our languages and forced us to learn theirs!!! Izwe Lethu ( This is our country).

Full video of the above presentation.

Who is that masked man?! I had planned to listen to five or ten minutes of the lecture to get the gist of it! I listened to the very end!!! I didn't realize I knew so very little about languages!!!! Good looking out Old Soul!!!

Who is that masked man?! I had planned to listen to five or ten minutes of the lecture to get the gist of it! I listened to the very end!!! I didn't realize I knew so very little about languages!!!! Good looking out Old Soul!!! 9 minutes? Yeah, right! That was just the bait right? Hahaha It worked!!!!!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back