Black Spirituality Religion : What's your religion? (if anything)

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by libres, Dec 23, 2013.

1. libres

libres Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey everyone! I'm pretty new here, just wanting to get to know you a little better. :) If you don't mind sharing, I'm curious what people's religion is?

Me, I'm agnostic, but culturally I'm Christian - meaning my family celebrates Christmas without being religious.

2. libres

libres Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Oh, and like I said, this is just me wanting to get to know people here better. Please try to avoid debating about this or that religion being better or right.

3. I'm Becoming Me

I'm Becoming Me Well-Known Member MEMBER

Lover & Fighter...
    Ratings:
    +1,219
    Hello Libres..

If I just had to use a label, I use Spiritual.

I have some Christian beliefs, but I am very much an Multi-faith Universalist.

I take and pull something from different faiths, so I really can't be put into any one particular box or brand; my views, beliefs, and practices are just too broad for any one category.

I am very much a believer in God, deeply; but at times if you are around me and hear some of my discussions you may question that because in so many ways I agree with atheists on many points, except concerning the existence of God, and some of my coolest friends are agnostics and atheists.

4. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    My system of Divinity is the "Ankh"...which simply means life. There can never ever be any religion which is higher than LIFE itself. Incorporated in life and the symbol for it is the "masculine and the feminine"...aka the "negative and positive"...for without either of these there can never be a third element. Incorporated within this understanding is the reality that man/woman must "know themselves in order to properly live LIFE internally and externally". Equally incorporated are the universal laws that allows LIFE to be LIFE in a balanced fashion. The opposite of LIFE is DEATH. However we choose to define a Creator/Creatrix, we were made to KNOW, not to BELIEVE....and so I can with confidence state that "there is no higher system, more divine system or original system than LIFE ITSELF...for without it, what does anyone have??

Hetep!!

5. Josh X Brown

Josh X Brown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +156
    My religion is obedience to God that's my religion. I like to Use the Arabic term of Muslim but I also could call myself a Jew or a Christian and still be speaking Truth.

6. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

No religion. The spiritual system of Ma'at and the philosophy of Ubuntu.

7. Michael Smith

Michael Smith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Advertisment
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Peace and Welcome Libres... I'm new to Destee as well, and this is the perfect place for one who is of NUBIAN descent, to share knowledge and express your thoughts... I consider myself a Spiritual Person, influenced by all of the scriptures and related literature combined, absent of Religion... Peace

8. GatekeeperCrow

GatekeeperCrow Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Writer
    Ratings:
    +84
    I am a spiritualist, influenced mostly by Wicca, but also by other religious views.

9. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    My religion is one the binds and my belief is that to the faithful Son of the Father, as taught in the Holy Scriptures, also called the Bible. Most call me Christian. :D

10. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    I have no religion, but i adhere to universal law.