Black Spirituality Religion : What were Christians called BEFORE ANTIOCH

"PEOPLE OF THE WAY" Acts 9:2 INTRODUCTION 1. Today it is common to use terms referring to the people of God such as... a. The church of Christ, the church of God - Ro 16:16; 1Co 1:2 b. The body of Christ, the kingdom of Christ - Ep 1:22,23; Col 1:13 c. The temple of God, the bride of Christ - 1Co 3:16; Re 19:7-8 2. But in the early days of the church, they were also known as people of "The Way"... a. Saul of Tarsus persecuted those of the Way - Ac 9:2; 22:4 b. Others spoke evil of the Way - Ac 19:9 c. At Ephesus there was a riot about the Way - Ac 19:23 d. Paul confessed to worship God according to the Way - Ac 24:14 e. Felix the governor gained accurate knowledge about the Way - Ac 24:22

It is intriguing to consider why the KJV did not translate these verses as 'the Way' while later versions [such as the New KJV and the NIV] did. The first time I ran across the phrase 'People of the Way' was in Ayi Kwei Armah's book 'Two Thousand Seasons'. It was used to refer not to the religion but to the complete Way of life [particularly the values] of migratory sub-saharan Africans prior to the appearance of the Predators, the Askaris, the Ostentatious Cripples, and the Destroyers.

Why are you always so concerned about ISLAM!!

LOL!.... No, you didn't! :lol:

This thread is about CHRISTIANITY. -- I didn't introduce ISLAM into this discussion. Others did. --And just cuz I respond to the posts of OTHERS about ISLAM, that doesn't mean I have an interest in it....I'm after clarification and support.

But, I could righteously ask YOU why are YOU always so concerned about CHRISTIANITY?!

YOU da one always one of the FIRST ARRIVIVALS "on the scene" in CHRISTIANITY discussions. ---YOU were the FIRST non-Christian poster IN THIS THREAD.

YOU were the FIRST non-Christian poster in Kemetstry's thread about the Crucifixion. http://destee.com/index.php?threads/date-of-crucifixion-verified.72090/

And, there are many MORE threads about CHRISTIANITY in which YOU are ALL UP IN 'EM. ----And YOU know I know cuz I'm the "THREADOLOGIST" around here, any how, aint it. :lol:

Maybe it's that i simply don't care to give you the answer because even if i did you still wouldn't get it because the answer is in my statement that you've already quoted repeatedly 'christian'....

Or maybe it's cuz you really don't have an answer no-how cuz you pulled that statement outta your nose (or lower bodily regions) and now you mad cuz I called you on it. :lol:

You CAN'T answer my questions. So, yet AGAIN, you respond with these WEAK come-backs cuz you wanna take the FOCUS OFFA YOU and put it on me.

But, YOU da one up in here talkin' bout ISLAM and then got HEATED cuz I challenged you about YOUR STATEMENT.

:lol:

It is intriguing to consider why the KJV did not translate these verses as 'the Way' while later versions [such as the New KJV and the NIV] did. The first time I ran across the phrase 'People of the Way' was in Ayi Kwei Armah's book 'Two Thousand Seasons'. It was used to refer not to the religion but to the complete Way of life [particularly the values] of migratory sub-saharan Africans prior to the appearance of the Predators, the Askaris, the Ostentatious Cripples, and the Destroyers.

http://quod.lib.umich.edu/k/kjv/browse.html

Matthew 21: [32] For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him.

Matthew 22: [16] And they sent out unto him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, Master, we know that thou art true, and teachest the way of God in truth, neither carest thou for any man: for thou regardest not the person of men.

Mark.12: [14] And when they were come, they say unto him, Master, we know that thou art true, and carest for no man: for thou regardest not the person of men, but teachest the way of God in truth: Is it lawful to give tribute to Caesar, or not?

Luke.1: [79] To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

Luke.20: [21] And they asked him, saying, Master, we know that thou sayest and teachest rightly, neither acceptest thou the person of any, but teachest the way of God truly:

John.14
[4] And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know
[6] Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Acts.16[17] The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.

Acts.18
[25] This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.
[26] And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.

Heb.5 [2] Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; for that he himself also is compassed with infirmity.

... I can clearly see where you are coming from and always have cause I recognize B.S. when i see it!..

All you are doing is show casing your egotistical arrogance that all things 'christian', or said by C.C. are some how supposed to be gospel and left alone....Not so, if you throw it out there in people's faces constantly it doesn't take a genius to figue out that every once in a while it will get tested and thrown back in yours. :wave: Otherwise, stick to the safety of the sub-forum study groups if you don't like to be challenged!

- <translation> I can't deal with anyone who challenges me because i Cylde Coger don't have the strength in me to admit when i'm wrong, lying, or making up ISH!!

....And the same thing goes FOR YOU, Info.

Cuz when YOU get challenged about what YOU say, then you try to "flip tha script" to take the HEAT OFFA YOU.

You got some nerve talkin' bout Brother Clyde cuz YOU DA POT CALLIN' THE KETTLE BLACK!

You got all HEATED when I questioned YOU about your ISLAM STATEMENT like how DARE I, a CHRISTIAN, question YOU about ISLAM?! :lol:

YOU da one always up in some CHRISTIANITY discussions but you got HOT when I questioned YOU about your precious ISLAM! :lol:

"Mr. Cellophane shoulda been ya name cuz I can see right thru ya."

....And the same thing goes FOR YOU, Info.

Cuz when YOU get challenged about what YOU say, then you try to "flip tha script" to take the HEAT OFFA YOU.

You got some nerve talkin' bout Brother Clyde cuz YOU DA POT CALLIN' THE KETTLE BLACK!

You got all HEATED when I questioned YOU about your ISLAM STATEMENT like how DARE I, a CHRISTIAN, question YOU about ISLAM?! :lol:

YOU da one always up in some CHRISTIANITY discussions but you got HOT when I questioned YOU about your precious ISLAM! :lol:

"Mr. Cellophane shoulda been ya name cuz I can see right thru ya."

You are so un-balanced that it's sadening!

I did answer your question in regards to ISLAM and in my last post to you i told you so. But you are so blinded by your thirst to try and put people on blast that i also told you that you probably wouldn't understand it.

THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION IS ACTUALLY IN THE STATEMENT I MADE BEFORE YOU EVEN ASKED ME MY SNIGGLING FRIEND. BUT I DOUBT THAT YOU'LL BE ABLE TO DECIPHER IT SINCE YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY PREOCCUPIED WITH LAUGHING BY YOURSELF!!

Maybe i should have given you 2 quarters.

info-moetry said:
Maybe it's that i simply don't care to give you the answer because even if i did you still wouldn't get it because the answer is in my statement that you've already quoted repeatedly 'christian'....

And as you know, i asked you why are you always asking about islam because this is not the first second or third time you've enquired AND YOU KNOW THIS. I don't enquire about Christianity, i just point out the FOOLISHNESS when it appears, as in Kemestry's ridiculous thread. how dare he post that picture in front of the black people here and regurgitate that garbito!! You as a christian should be offended more than me, unless of course you actually liked the picture.

I say you're a closet muslim because that's the energy i feel when i see you posting and asking about islam. It started off as combative and a battle against muslims, or followers of islam a while back. But somewhere in there you started to actually change your views without admitting it. The more you read to try and prove christianity superior as 'the people of the book', the more you became attracted to islam.

I know you won't admit it and you don't have to. it is what it is.

please do continue to get you laugh on!

:time: They say that laughter is most often used by those who are so used to crying.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back