Black Spirituality Religion : What are your thoughts on Religion? (No Preaching, please)

What is your religion

• Christianity

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Islam

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism /other (no offense)

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I don\\\'t practice formal religion

Votes: 15 53.6%

• Total voters
Pharaoh Jaheel said:
Peace,

I don't think there's anything wrong with religion. I think that people take religion and mis-use and abuse it. The essence of all religions are good. They give man a way to improve himself and his relationship between him and the Creator. Now when you start using it to opress or divide people, then we have a problem. I don't think any of us are in the position to say whose right or wrong. All I can say is that Islam is right for me, it improves my life, it keeps me on the path of rightousness but my religion might not work for the next man. All religions have meaning, there like puzzles, all pieces to the big picture.

Peace.

Well said!

How did you come by your religion (or lack thereof)? Have you ever questioned your spiritual beliefs? If so, did you dig deep or do some research, and what conclusions did you come to as a result of your journey.

By my searching for something more, I was called to the faith. I knew the state humanity is right now couldn't have always been so, and figured we'd not last long at all if continued down such a road of destruction. Once I gained faith, I understood why things are the way they are and how indeed they won't be forever in this manner.

I never questioned my beliefs because I've been confirmed in them, but simply continued searching that I could find.

I think that religion is for those and best serves those who have lost touch with their original spirituality that we were all born with. As such, there are those on this planet who need to be given instructions on how to live and treat others in terms of what to do and what not to do. Fear is a great motivator and so are promises, whether real or unreal and in all the religious books we will find those two modes of operation in effect.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back