Black Spirituality Religion : What are your thoughts on Religion? (No Preaching, please)

What is your religion

• Christianity

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Islam

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism /other (no offense)

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I don\\\'t practice formal religion

Votes: 15 53.6%

• Total voters
I personally dont care for religion. I find it divides black people and makes them treat their children and each other like crap so often. It is sometimes used as an excuse by our people not to put in work to succeed or to continue with what they know is foolish behaviour or a bad way of thinking. To each their own, but I will no longer participate in this type of stuff and have not for about a decade now.

I believe there is a GOD, but I'm not sure if religion is neccessary to serve and worship GOD. I think that religion blinds people in some ways because you start making life decisions according to things you're not sure are true. You're taking the word of man to heart in some ways because where is the proof? It's still imperfect man telling you that this is inspired by GOD...and that GOD wants you to live this way...and do this and that. How do we know this is what GOD wants? Because some man in a robe or preacher's get up says so. I think there are very good parts of religion, when it makes you a better person in the process. Many religions put down other religions and bad mouth people because they are humans and make mistakes. Some religions have rules regarding appearance and I think that's very shallow. JMO. Hope I didn't offend anyone with it.

when i think of religion this is what comes to mind:
an institution to gain money, brainwash, and control people

the questions of how and why.... is there really proof- for anything let alone religion...

there is a high power sumin i cant see- faith... but is that GOD - who knows

have u ever jus sit back and looked at the sky and wonder who made it.. and who created nature... or why are clouds the shapes they are... and why do rivers flow upstream... we all kno we didnt do this.. so sumin esle must have.. but what came before that sumin else.. nuthing?

Peace,

I don't think there's anything wrong with religion. I think that people take religion and mis-use and abuse it. The essence of all religions are good. They give man a way to improve himself and his relationship between him and the Creator. Now when you start using it to opress or divide people, then we have a problem. I don't think any of us are in the position to say whose right or wrong. All I can say is that Islam is right for me, it improves my life, it keeps me on the path of rightousness but my religion might not work for the next man. All religions have meaning, there like puzzles, all pieces to the big picture.

Peace.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back