Black People : WHAT ARE THE BLACK CHURCHES/BLACK MOSQUES OBLIGATIONS TO THE AFRICAN COMMUNITY???

oceolo said:
Who do think was the vanguard for the civil rights movement in the 1960's? It was the church . MLK started out as a simple peacher from Alabama ,but became the symbol of the movement. The church can only do what the community helps it to do ,so instead of complaining why not help out at church and try to make some suggestion on what direction they should take?

Amen Oceolo,

Amen

kente417mojo said:
MLK wasn't the only man in the world to go to church, so why does everyone supporting church bring his name up? Is he the poster boy for the black church? We have MLK...ok, he was good, but look at all the clowns heading the church now. If the church has it's hands tied with so many reasons why they aren't doing their job, why do they continue collecting money from a community, that it can't even help? They have no problem passing that plate around 2 and 3 times but they can't figure out a way to put some of that money back to help the community? Sounds like my government tax dollars.

My suggestion would be to invest the money in housing, black owned stores and markets and banks for starters. As much money that passes through the church, there should be something to show for it. There is no reason there shouldn't be black owned grocery stores at least. We all talk about black people misusing our money, but the one institution that has always had access to our money is the black church....yet they misuse it. They've had their hands on millions of dollars every year, yet we have nothing to show for it.

Well why dont you go to every church in your neighborhood and instruct them on how to spend their money? People always want to criticize but never want to help out . Its easier just to point fingers. the church cant be anywhere near as effective as in the past because much less support today.

While I will acknowledge that there have been Muslims and Christians that have contributed greatly to the progress of the black community, religion in itself cannot create the drive/determination necessary to achieve success. MLK could've achieved just as much if he was an atheist or spiritualist because his spirit was just that motivated.

The main reason many of the black community's leaders are Christian is because they grew up in a Christian society.

karmashines said:
While I will acknowledge that there have been Muslims and Christians that have contributed greatly to the progress of the black community, religion in itself cannot create the drive/determination necessary to achieve success. MLK could've achieved just as much if he was an atheist or spiritualist because his spirit was just that motivated.

The main reason many of the black community's leaders are Christian is because they grew up in a Christian society.

I seriously doubt MLK would have become the man he became without his christian values and faith which gave him his inspiration and fortitude to be able to accomplish the things he that he accomplish. The main reason anyone is a christian is not because they live in a christian society but rather because they have been exposed to the truth and have accepted the truth and try to live their lives accordingly.

oceolo said:
Well why dont you go to every church in your neighborhood and instruct them on how to spend their money? People always want to criticize but never want to help out . Its easier just to point fingers. the church cant be anywhere near as effective as in the past because much less support today.

Less support??? It doesn't look like the pastors are doing too bad. You know what, you all keep speaking of support, but churches are not broke in the least. If you're talking about member support as far as physically helping out, I would imagine they'd want to help out since it is their money that's being collected every week. It's not my job to help out the church because I'm not going to hand my money over to some dude just so he can wear it around his wrist or drive it around town. Let the "spirit of the lord" guide them because I don't associate with churches. Maybe that's one of the reason why the money isn't doing any good. Like I said before, religion makes people passive and stagnant. They are putting their faith in a religion and a man (the pastor) that is not going to make their lives any better. So, they pass their money to the front and "hope and pray and believe" that one day it will all work itself out and they will be swept off into heaven. The pastors know this, that's why they have the nerve to keep collecting money and never giving back. The church and the government are only different in one way: The government forces you to pay taxes by scaring you will the IRS and jail. The church makes you pay taxes by scaring you with the thought of going to hell.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back