Black People : More Black Churches In NJ Embrace Gay Congregants

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Keita Kenyatta, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,383
    A growing number of black congregations are accepting and welcoming gays through church doors.

According to Lina Ocasio of NJ.com, while black pastors generally still oppose same sex marriage, they are accepting gay congregants.
    “I think anyone who is gay or lesbian or whatever should be welcome in all of our churches. That shouldn’t be a question," said Rev. Reginald T. Jackson of St. Matthew AME Church in Orange, N.J.
    “I don’t see the church’s stand on gay marriage changing in my lifetime,” Jackson added.
    Although critics might interpret Jackson's stance as contradictory, the pastor also pointed out that most churches have gays but not all gays are open about their sexuality.
    According to reports, a significant number of black ministers in the Newark area are aware that there are homosexuals, lesbians, bisexuals, or transgender (LGBT) members within their church.

One pastor estimated up to 70 percent of churches have LGBT congregants, with young people said to be more likely to embrace them than their older counterparts.
    Some Christians are angered at the decision for pastors to embrace gays arguing that it goes against tea http://global.christianpost.com/news/more-black-churches-in-nj-embrace-gay-congregants-64790/

2. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
    Hip hop culture has encouraged more young Black men and women to be gay, so what are they supposed to do with all these youth going the other way, until they have time to heal them?

3. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,383
    There you go with the B.S.....ain't nobody out there trynna heal no homo, so lets be real about that part. Second of all, the image (and you know which ones) of Yeshua look rather feminine his-self, so that falls right in line. Thirdly, as the brother posted the other day; "in 1973 it was classified as a mental illness" but today we better not say one darn thing about their sweet @sses because the law is now protecting and promoting what once was seen as a mental illness in America....I mean Rome....I mean Greece....I mean Italy...?

4. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    "Second of all, the image (and you know which ones) of Yeshua look rather feminine his-self, so that falls right in line."

Glad im not the only one who notice this stuff. I just recently started finding out there is so much symbolism within the catholic church that points to so called "paganism" and homosexuality its down right disgusting...For instance we know that the trinity of Kemet produces life every time man+woman=child. But the christians came in stole the ideology and replaced the sacred goddess with not one man but three to make the christian trinity father, son and holy ghost...holy ghost is male? Mary didnt conceive naturally, she is left out the trinity (forget the fact that she is a KEY contributor in the life cycle) and is replaced by a 3rd shadowy male figure?? If thats not a nod to homosexuality I dont know what is. And lets not forget the fact that Christianity got its boost from being an almost dead cult and flourished from the Roman Constantines conversion and we know what Rome was about!!

5. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,901
    Exactly women are the bearers of life, of civilization itself. Yes it's take two, we men offer our sperm, but it's the woman who carries the fetus/child to term. I ask women all the time who follow this religion, how do you follow something that "X'd" you out?

6. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

Exactly! And just to add on, this is why most christians/catholics won't touch the book of Maccabee's because it highlights some of the homosexuality that ran ramped in the scriptures during that time.

This is also why christian men blame everything on the woman to keep her vibration on a low level so that the men can have reason to 'commune' without them....lol

This is why on the island of lesbos they celebrated Easter with all types of orgies between men and woman and men with other men as they painted their bodies like we have the children paint the easter eggs.
    The catholics at one time also used to teach the boys in a place called the gymnasium which is a greek word for NAKED. This is why in HS the boys and girls are hardly ever playing together, they are kept seperate from one another......all to promote homosexuality.

7. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    WOW!!@
    Never knew that...

When I was a christian I always had a problem with the way Mary Magdeline was portrayed and how Peter was always hanging on to Jesus' jock strap...it was all too male centered for me and as I grew old enough to analyze it, it became very evident that they went out of their way to cut women down in the bible...

8. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,148
    That's a lie

9. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings: