Black People : Are Black Mega Churches Ripping Off The Black Community?

I believe both black and white churches are ripping off black folks. It seems to me that when it comes to religion black people are more gullible than others. If you check the tragedy with Jim Jones most of those who died were black.

I am a Christian woman and I dont make any apologies for that; but I always had a analytical way of looking at things including religion. People do not question things they just accept. Why do these religious con men want money at the expense of poor black folks? They are just wolves in sheep's clothing a wolf in sheep's. When churches have online services there is no collection box so the aim is to encourage folks to come to church despite the problem with Covid-19. Black folks need to think seriously about what these con artists are telling them. My motto is never allow anyone to control your thinking. If anything seems too good to be true perhaps it is.

I believe both black and white churches are ripping off black folks. It seems to me that when it comes to religion black people are more gullible than others. If you check the tragedy with Jim Jones most of those who died were black.

I am a Christian woman and I dont make any apologies for that; but I always had a analytical way of looking at things including religion. People do not question things they just accept. Why do these religious con men want money at the expense of poor black folks? They are just wolves in sheep's clothing a wolf in sheep's. When churches have online services there is no collection box so the aim is to encourage folks to come to church despite the problem with Covid-19. Black folks need to think seriously about what these con artists are telling them. My motto is never allow anyone to control your thinking. If anything seems too good to be true perhaps it is.
Yeah, I'd have to agree with you on all points sister. White churches as well as black churches are ripping folks off and we have a long established history of being very gullible, forgiving and accepting to a fault. We haven't been known for questioning something even though in our heart of hearts we know something is just not right. A great deal of that was passed down to us. I can remember as a child being told not to question or challenge because that's just the way it was. Just do what you're told to do and everything will be just fine. A (don't rock the boat kind of thing). I'd wonder about Jesus being white and why we had to go to church and why do we have to put money in a plate.? As a child I'd sometimes take the change my mother gave me and I'd go across the street and buy candy and sometimes I wanted to take money out of the plate. LOL As I got older I just would never accept the conventional way of thinking and became very rebellious and challenged all authority figures.
Anyways sister, a lot of folks are just like sheep, they need somebody to lead them. Tell them where to go, what to do, when to do it and how to do it and there is always a wolf out there eager to assume that role as a righteous leader.
And yes, more often than not, if anything seems to good to be true, more than likely it is. Thank you for sharing:heart:

Fraud Thriving In U.S. Churches, But You Wouldn't Know It​

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back