Tears of a Man

PurpleMoons said:
lol I am serious Brother chukuemeka. :laugh: He really is sweet, loving, giving, and compassionate when he needs to be. He is also a Strong, ferious, determined, warrior when it calls for it.

You don't believe a man can be all this if he cries when his heart is hurting. I asure you Brother, If you met my man, you would not think him any less of a man. If it calls for him to be about it, then their is no doubt that he will be about. I must admit though, The side I have seen is never shown while in presense the of other men.

Aiight sis, I here ya.

There are a lot of things worthy of heavy debate & discussion (even argument); however, I don't think a man's right to cry is one of them. How a man should conduct themselves in public is cultural to a large degree. In many cultures it is considered improper for a man to show emotion. Other cultures do not have the same restrictions. I have only seen my father cry once in my lifetime, when my grandfather (his father) died 10 years ago. I know another brother around my father's age, who will literally cry at the drop of a hat! Despite this wide difference in public behavior, I consider both to be men...true men! The reason for this is because I don't measure manhood by public displays of emotion or toughness. To me a man is someone who takes care of his children. A man is someone who provides for his wife or girlfriend. A man is someone who honors & respects his parents, brothers, and sisters. A man goes to work every day, and pays the bills. A person can be the "hardest" dude on the block, but if he is running around making babies, and not taking care of them (or not working)....in my eyes that same brother is a punk! Others might see that same brother and feel he is a god, but that is my opinion.

I do not think it makes a man less of a man because cries, at least on certain issues. Crying is a form of catharsis, an emotional release of stress or hurt or something in relation to the first two. if it is something along the lines of a death of a loved one, losing a job, or because he is happy. But do not cry because some female dumped you! Black women right now are in surplus to black males, 12 to 1 (year 2002), respectively. It my own belief that all men will have a catharsis of some great significance sometime in their lifetime unless it has already occurred.

You gon' make bring my cursor to a real slow blink!

the last time i cried was when my friend of 10 years was murdered in college back in 1991. i was also brought up that men do not cry and maybe that is the reason i haven't cried in over 13 years. while i think that it's ok for men to cry...i believe that it should be something very serious that brings this about. in the family structure...the man must be the strongest...at least this was how i was raised...to tell u the truth, i am not looking forward to the next instance where i cry if there is one...because i know that it will have to be something truly bad that has happened in my life to prompt this....it's ok to cry men...just not over spilled beer...:lol:
one love
khasm

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back