Black Men : A Man's Tears

Discussion in 'Black Men - Fathers - Brothers - Sons' started by Heartbeat, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Heartbeat

Heartbeat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +86
    Brothers, when was the last time you cried and what was the circumstance? For me it was two years ago in the ATL Airport. A large group of young soldiers (looked like new recruits) were coming through the terminal being led by two older non-commissioned officers. As they passed through, the passengers in the terminal began standing up and gave the recruits a standing ovation. I cried knowing that many of those young men would not be returning, about the insanity of war, and thoughts of my own time in the military when applause was the last thing people did when soldiers during that time came through an airport. And yes pride.

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    so true......it's been a while for me a few years back like in 02....

3. Heartbeat

Ratings:
    +86
    So my brother $$Rich$$ care to share what caused you to cry back in '02?

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    sure the lost of my first born it broke me way down.......he was only 22

R.I.P Son In Lovin Memory

5. Heartbeat

Ratings:
    +86
    as it would any man; and a man of men to share.

6. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    To keep it real....I cry every dam week !!! Every time I give thought to what our reality is, I cry. Every time I read about some ish that our people are unjustifiably going through, I cry. I cry when I walk the dam streets and look at our people in the condition that we are in. In fact, the only way that I can see myself not crying on a regular basis is if I'm disconnected from our people and our history...but if you're connected to our people and our history, crying becomes a cleansing process, a healing process, a process whereby the release of the pain, the anger and the reality of our experience is allowed to come out.

7. NyneElementz

NyneElementz Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +356
    Although I'll probably be criticized for this or even put down, I will not change who I am for anyone.

1 - I cry when I am hurt emotionally. Of course, I do this outside of public view. I've suffered many emotional pains which have led me to tears. I don't feel ashamed of this at all. I'd rather get it out and move on than to hold it in and become a ticking time bomb.

2 - When I have lost someone I've cared about or loved. The first time I cried was when I lost my grandmother on my mother's side at 8 years old. Her love and kindness was something I held tightly to, because she was really understanding of who I was as a child and all I went through. When I lost her, I bawled for 5 days in mourning. I don't do it as long or as much anymore because I realize that death is a part of life, but I still would cry for people I am close to.

3 - Crying is often my first reaction to failure, especially if what I'm trying to accomplish is related to a core value I feel strongly in.

4 - When someone I care about is deeply emotionally hurt, I don't feel any shame in crying with them. Their pain is my pain, too.

Those are my four times of crying.

8. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    Man listen, i cried just last night when the brooklyn nets came back and beat the knicks in OT. Yes, i cried tears of joy.

The time before that when i last cried it must have been about 2 years ago at a party and i was getting my two step on when all of a sudden i felt a pain like no other. A female about 350 lbs dancing near me decided she wanted to get her stomp on and landed on my right scooby doo and dang near brought me to one knee in tears. My two step ain't been right since, it got a little lean to it now.....i guess you can call it 1 1/2 step now.

9. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,864
    :injured: :oops: :laughing: