Black Women : STRONG BLACK WOMAN, HAVE YOU GONE TOO FAR???

I think we all fell into a deep sleep and thought the fight was over. A sister referenced the Willie Lynch document in which a slave master held a meeting with slaveholders in Va. Apparently they couldn't continue to kill the slaves, because their was a massive amount of dead bodies, and a big stink, so they had to come up with a different way to control our people. Part of the blue print was to pit light-skinned against dark-skinned and to teach them not to trust in each other, but only in them. There were many laws passed in that time to make sure we didn't unite. This blue print plan was to be taught to all slaveholders and their children. They said if this plan was successful, it was gauranteed to work for at least 400 if not a 1,000 years. Thus, the statement, the chains have been lifted from our ankles and put on our minds.

I know it is successful, because when I talk to my sister or some of our sisters and brothers, they don't believe many things we talk about until they hear it from a white person. Also, if we say something good about our race and don't include white people, then our own people call it prejudice.

I don't view myself as prejudice or racist. I treat people the way I want to be treated, and I don't allow any other race to tell me who I am or who I'm supposed to be. A lot of our race go's along, to get along. I even get the sisters at work rolling their eyes or feeling uncomfortable if I challenge wrong doings. They told me they can appreciate my "crusade," but they need a job. Then when they are treated unfairly, they run and complain to me and want me to put my neck on the chopping block to help them.

Our biggest problem is that we claim to have so much in faith in the Most High, but we don't act on it. We give away our power to others because we fear them over the Most High.

Honestly, it's refreshing to talk to brothers and sisters who have a deep concern for our liveliehood and understand it is not "I" but "We". Until we speak and look at ourselves from a united front, then that's the only way we will succeed. To many of us feel that just cause "I" made it and "I'm" comfortable, then that's all that needs to be said and done. But I guess that's why we have the new president in office to really remind us that we are "one people" and that he has no intention of helping our people out with anything.

Much Love

"I don't view myself as prejudice or racist. I treat people the way I want to be treated, and I don't allow any other race to tell me who I am or who I'm supposed to be. A lot of our race go's along, to get along. I even get the sisters at work rolling their eyes or feeling uncomfortable if I challenge wrong doings. They told me they can appreciate my "crusade," but they need a job. Then when they are treated unfairly, they run and complain to me and want me to put my neck on the chopping block to help them."

Sister, again, wise words, words which I can personally identify with, and attest to in my own experience... It is a constant battle to remain vigilant and on point with your own telling you you're crazy, and basically parroting the master's words and feelings... I have been asked to leave a Union Rep's position because the leadership felt I was "too militant", and who do you suppose put those words, that phrase, in those negroes mouths?(smile!) Having seen one of the sweetest and strongest African women I have ever known become stricken with stomach cancer trying to defend these spineless folks, I stepped off... I didn't want that to become of me...

Hence, this thread about Strong Sisters... Hey, it's just too much weight to carry, and I guess I am trying to say to sisters, stop doing it... Let Go and ease up... For the Children yes... For African men, no... Let's share the burden, and if that can't be, then somebody's got to vacate the premises...

Peace!
Isaiah

It is so refreshing to hear you say that. Honestly, I've relocated away from family and friends over a year ago, for my job. I never realized how important the circle of sisters and brothers that I was with before affected my life. We are all on the same page regarding positivity, our people, and life in general. I have a deep love for my people, and respect for others of other races who respect me, but not one black person that I've met is even interested or cares or even understands me. The only two sisters I've worked with in this job up here, have went out of their way to please upper management and other coworkers and undermine everything I do. I am a branch manager, and they try to continuosly disrespect me.

The first brother I dated, ended up being a big gossiper, full of negativity, as I came to realize and would constantly try to embarass me if we attended business gatherings w/white people. Behind closed doors, I couldn't hear enough about how I was his nubian queen and how he's never been with a woman so spiritual and deep. However, in public, it would surprise me how much cow-towing, and tap dancing he would do. When I called him on it, he said I was too sensitive. I dropped him like yesterday's news and he doesn't understand why. Just a little time with him tore a little at my growth and I had to rebuild.

Here at work, I know the others have a hard time accepting the fact that I am their manager and they try me all the time. Then, it makes it much worse, when the sister sides with them and tries to reduce me down to just needing some _____. I am so far removed from the mentality here that it's crazy to me. She is just like them and brags about cheating with her different men and then has the nerve to quote the bible all day, because she attends service about 3 times a week.

Even though we are all on line, this is the closest I've come to any conversation with substance with our people. Even though, I don't now you Isaiah, it means a lot to hear from a positive brother as well as see many posts from sisters as well with substance.

Much Love

kbanks said:
It is so refreshing to hear you say that. Honestly, I've relocated away from family and friends over a year ago, for my job. I never realized how important the circle of sisters and brothers that I was with before affected my life. We are all on the same page regarding positivity, our people, and life in general. I have a deep love for my people, and respect for others of other races who respect me, but not one black person that I've met is even interested or cares or even understands me. The only two sisters I've worked with in this job up here, have went out of their way to please upper management and other coworkers and undermine everything I do. I am a branch manager, and they try to continuosly disrespect me.

The first brother I dated, ended up being a big gossiper, full of negativity, as I came to realize and would constantly try to embarass me if we attended business gatherings w/white people. Behind closed doors, I couldn't hear enough about how I was his nubian queen and how he's never been with a woman so spiritual and deep. However, in public, it would surprise me how much cow-towing, and tap dancing he would do. When I called him on it, he said I was too sensitive. I dropped him like yesterday's news and he doesn't understand why. Just a little time with him tore a little at my growth and I had to rebuild.

Here at work, I know the others have a hard time accepting the fact that I am their manager and they try me all the time. Then, it makes it much worse, when the sister sides with them and tries to reduce me down to just needing some _____. I am so far removed from the mentality here that it's crazy to me. She is just like them and brags about cheating with her different men and then has the nerve to quote the bible all day, because she attends service about 3 times a week.

Even though we are all on line, this is the closest I've come to any conversation with substance with our people. Even though, I don't now you Isaiah, it means a lot to hear from a positive brother as well as see many posts from sisters as well with substance.

Much Love

Well sister, your statements about us going along to get along hit home for me... I have seen brothers and sisters accept the White man's trinkets for the price of being used like a tool, and when I told them they'd been co-opted for a price so cheap, they naturally responded defensively... I could only hope that the loss of MY friendship on account of their own trifling behavior gave them pause to value their own Black selves...

That is our challenge as conscious African folk; to stand in truth no matter the external cost, because it is the internal that counts... The ability to look in the mirror, and like and respect the reflection staring back at you is priceless(smile!) What keeps me strong is in knowing that my principles have cost me much more than money, and a couple of friends here and there... That's nothing compared to retaining my self-respect, as well as, the respect of others... Still it is sad to know that we are still so easily used and exploited by Whites... We still covet their approval, and I believe that is one of the most pernicious aspects of our continuing relationship with them...

Glad, sister, that we could connect in this spiritual way... That is the purpose of this discussion forum... You are right, the level of intelligence that can be found up in here says a great deal about the power and majesty of the culture which sustains and maintains us all(smile!)

Peace!
Isaiah

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back