Black Women : Strong Independent Black Women=Bamboozled

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by HyperKill, Aug 13, 2010.

1. HyperKill

HyperKill Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +319
  2. Chinelo

Chinelo Third Eye Is Always Open MEMBER

Removing LIES And Spreading The Truth
    Ratings:
    +1,633
  3. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    I agree with most of what she said and she presented it very well! :toast:

Now, we just need a Brother to stand up and speak to other Black men about the same issues.

4. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
    some folks are on dialup or web tv, can you give a synopsis of this or who it is presented by?

5. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622

Women will never and have never been a monolithic group...your problem seems to be the constant need to look at black women with Eurocentric/ARAB lenses ...as Mama Zogbe stated ''the black women is ONLY woman in history who was not born under the yolk of patriarchy''

Her rant makes no sense, a ''strong independent black woman'' WOULD NOT go for 'mookie' down street because she is STRONG which entails having STANDARDS!. The 'strong independent black woman' is one who is labeled A LESBIAN because she refuses to sleep with 'mookie', who inturns starts rumors around her school/work/neighborhood questioning her sexuality because society has taught him that his self worth is tied to sexual prowess.

She speaking of women with low self esteem who are the by product of white, light and bright loving black men and western religion.:whip:

In West Africa, women who choose to go the western route still have it all: education, job and a husband.

Why is that?

Anyone who feels the need to constantly put down another has serious self esteem issues. I will say this again( you can take it however you like) i truly believe that you hate women, especially black women. Constantly putting out negativity energy in the universe about black women who you come from is risking a life of bad karma..i'm just saying.. its not 'mumbo jumbo' or ''voodoo'' ...where ever you go, and whomever you are with, there YOU ARE.

6. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Have you ever lived in America, Amnat?

7. Chinelo

Chinelo Third Eye Is Always Open MEMBER

Removing LIES And Spreading The Truth
    Ratings:
    +1,633
    There can be no "strong" black wombman INDEPENDENT of her other half, the black man......that is self-destructive just in its wording let alone what we have come to see within the afrikan community in amerikkka or anywhere that is in a white dominated power structure.

That "independence" mantra is a orchestrated individualistic mentality by the european/amerikkkan white system to break down black family unit.

8. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,448
    Speaking on her talking about the image of women and how they come off with a "defensive armor"...I definitely know what she is talking about, cause sometimes I catch myself in that mode.

This man (who was black) approached me and was like, "how are you doing?" and of course I was like "fine", but anyways, he asked me..."You are one of those angry bitter sisters with an attitude are you." And I caught myself, and could almost see myself lookin' like one of those "angry black women" ...So I was like, "No"....And it almost made me laugh cause I see a lot of us black women with that look of "Don't mess with me".

When I was teen I saw other black women around me with this type of attitude and I thought that that was how black women were to be. And it carried on for years. Guys would always ask why I looked so mad.

But the look that I was replicating actually started to make me mad inside at absolutely nothing.

Guys used to say that they were afraid to talk to me. And I can understand how this can make some black women lonely. Who would want to approach an angry looking face....

9. Amnat77

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622

10. Amnat77

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    yes for 17 years.