Black Relationships : Simple Things

MANASIAC said:
This is a nice thread yall. I am glad folks can show that Happiness can be a simple experience in life, not a compicated and complex one that causeses stress.

I hear that man. Like I said, we tend to make things too complicated and hard...and all you really need to do is smell good.
:grouphug: Ok, there's more than that but you get my drift. :lol:

Brother Kente,

What a good thread, as usual. Some things that I have done and am doing now:

Make him feel comfortable with me. Allow him to talk to me about anything, the good, the bad and the ugly, but in particular, his dreams. Things that require someone having your back. If it requires paperwork, I offer to complete it for him, type it if necessary.

Be silly with him. Laughter is a great strength in a relationship.

Be open to things. I don't know football well, but I really am interested in it, and I have asked for it to be explained to me, (on a not so important game).

Give him his space to do him. Be with his boys, family or whatever.

Cook the things that I make that he likes or requests.

Watch his child or children if necessary.

Buy cards, write poems and create custom tailored CDs for him. To let him know that I picked each song for a reason.

But more importantly, to be real. Say what's on my mind and be honest about my feelings and fears. Let him know that we are in this together. And that he is important to my world.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back