Black Relationships : QUIT STARIN' AND JUST SPEAK.....SHOOOOOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riada said:
Actually, I can avoid multiple people. Logically-speaking, if multiple people are causing you problems, isn't it best to avoid them?

Actually, "logically-speaking", if "multiple people are causing you problems".......

Then they are not the problem--YOU ARE.

Also, many times when I address posters who are hostile towards me, I put major restraints on myself for the sake of peace on the board. It doesn't make sense to me to have threads closed right, left, and center simply because adults can't control themselves. I can always control myself and be civilized if others are equally so. However, if certain people are determined to be abusive towards me (even a moderator), I can call y'all just as many names and slam ya with just as many accusations and all the threads that I'm attacked in, will be closed.

That's great.......More of you not taking hold of the reigns, and recognizing what's going on around you. :bully:

I'm aware that some of you just want me to shut up, unless I'm agreeing with y'all, but I don't kiss butt. I'd rather be shut out than shut up.

Uhmmm, last I checked, nobody really wants that. Why do you imagine enemies where there are none?

One moment you go from what seems like truly listening, to totally closing your ears... Whatsamatta wit' you anyways?

Samurai, I'm aware that you like talking to me, but you don't know how to talk to me. You often lose control. I've told you I like talking to you too, but I don't like dealing with out-of-control men or anyone for that matter.

LMAO @ "out-of-control". That's the first time in my entire life, that I've ever been accused of that.....Matter of fact, I'm probably one of the most in-control men you're ever likely to meet.

Frankly, I don't think you know what an in-control man is. I challenge you to describe him otherwise.

Does an "in-control" man say all these nice things that you would like to hear? Does he let you get away with talking sideways to him? Does he sit quietly and patiently, as he watches you throw your tantrums?

I'm here to tell you, that's not what an "in-control" man is. I honestly don't think you know much about men proper, much less an "in-control" one.

But oops, there's me being "out of control" again. :rolleyes:

I can control myself. I'm a disciplined person. Where's your discipline? You say you're a warrior. A warrior must have discipline. I don't like men who lose control, who lack discipline. That's immature behavior to me. I'm a woman, an adult. I like mature men. You have knowledge, but do you have wisdom? I like for a man to show me that he has both.

See above. You don't know what your'e talking about. Either that, or you're not very good at conveying it.

I'm tempted to think it's a bit of both.

Since you're making a remedial attempt at assessing my character, let us truly assess:

I don't use curse words on here, even though they've been used countless times on me.

I don't call people names, threaten them, or make attempts to defame their character.

Nor do I complain when these things happen to me.

Rarely do I ever portray or betray any emotional aspect of myself, when participating on these boards.

Obviously we have 2 different perspectives, when speaking of "discipline". I'd say that you don't know what the word means, but I'd rather like to give you the chance to define it for me, just so's we're on the same page.

Show me that you have those traits and we can continue talking. If not, then oh well . . .

Do you really believe that I'll be the one at loss here? C'mon, I know that you're smarter than you're pretending not to be.

Think about it for a bit longer, and get back to me.

PEACE

SAMURAI36 said:
Actually, "logically-speaking", if "multiple people are causing you problems".......

That's great.......More of you not taking hold of the reigns, and recognizing what's going on around you. :bully:

Uhmmm, last I checked, nobody really wants that. Why do you imagine enemies where there are none?

One moment you go from what seems like truly listening, to totally closing your ears... Whatsamatta wit' you anyways?

LMAO @ "out-of-control". That's the first time in my entire life, that I've ever been accused of that.....Matter of fact, I'm probably one of the most in-control men you're ever likely to meet.

Frankly, I don't think you know what an in-control man is. I challenge you to describe him otherwise.

Does an "in-control" man say all these nice things that you would like to hear? Does he let you get away with talking sideways to him? Does he sit quietly and patiently, as he watches you throw your tantrums?

I'm here to tell you, that's not what an "in-control" man is. I honestly don't think you know much about men proper, much less an "in-control" one.

See above. You don't know what your'e talking about. Either that, or you're not very good at conveying it.

Since you're making a remedial attempt at assessing my character, let us truly assess:

I don't use curse words on here, even though they've been used countless times on me.

I don't call people names, threaten them, or make attempts to defame their character.

Rarely do I ever portray or betray any emotional aspect of myself, when participating on these boards.

Obviously we have 2 different perspectives, when speaking of "discipline". I'd say that you don't know what the word means, but I'd rather like to give you the chance to define it for me, just so's we're on the same page.

Do you really believe that I'll be the one at loss here? C'mon, I know that you're smarter than you're pretending not to be.

PEACE

I'll just cut to the chase here. I would like you a lot more if you showed more maturity.:rolling:

Sanaiah25 said:
You didn't do a good job of listening to my post either, or your response to me would have been unecessary. Most of what i ended up listening to was arguing. However, back when the thread was more focused (like 5-6 pages ago) i thought both genders were pointing out that they experience rudeness and lack of respect from the opposite sex. The very same topic is being discussed in multiple threads.

People can only argue, when they have someone else to argue with.

When it's just one person talking, then it's not an argument. And if that person is talking, it's because s/he has something important to say, that they feel needs to be heard.

I've listened very keenly to what you've said, since I've first noticed you as a member of this site. In fact, you're one of the few people on here whose perspectives I check for first and foremost.

If you know one thing about SAMURAI36 and nothing else, please know that he listens very keenly.

I know precisely what you've said, and what you meant behind what you said, within any given post, of any give thread of this site. I can even re-iterate your perspectives back to you, if you so wish, as proof of my keen listening.

I wouldn't ask from someone else, what I'm not capable of doing. It's unfortunate though, that most people are indeed incapable of doing this just the same.

Most people, not everyone.

As such, that's why I was rather disappointed at you saying that you don't know what we Brothers have been talking about this entire time.

You shouldn't have to ask what we're saying. Not if you are truly listening. I amongst others here, pride myself in making sure that my perspective is to the pique of clarity.....I've even been accused of "over-intellectualizing" (whatever that means).

I've written nearly page-long posts about what I think, what I know, and even how I feel. I was even accused of being a "cry-baby" because I shared that.

It's either that, or I get called an insane, out of control hooligan (paraphrasing and slightly exaggerated, of course), as I was just called by our beloved Sister here.

I'm sorry, but in the face of all of that, to ask me what I'm talking about after all this time, is a slap in the mouth.

Why is it, that the Brother Elder, Sek, and several other Brothers can instinctively agree, and at the very least, relate to what I'm saying, before I even click the "Submit Reply" button, but sisters never seem to have a clue what I and we are saying?

Does "C-A-T" still mean a streamlined feline mammal in the language that Sisters speak? :confused:

SAMURAI36 said:

PEACE

Well, a person doesn't have to necessarily name-call directly to cause offense in another poster. And this goes beyond disagreeing because usually, (at least from my observation/experience), when posters respect one another there is 'meeting of the minds' at some point in the conversation. It is possible to have this with even the most opposite minds.

Regardless, if you encounter a person who you know from the getgo doesn't jive the same way you do, is it worthwhile to keep debating with them, particularly if they have said they're not interested in that type of discourse? Some posters like to debate; others are just looking to give their opinion. If debate happens they may engage only to have to defend themselves against a misconception that may have been painted about them.

Riada said:
I'll just cut to the chase here. I would like you a lot more if you showed more maturity.:rolling:

So in "cutting to the chase", is not showing "more maturity" synonymous with being "out of control"?

Just curious.

In the meantime, I think such an admonishment is funny to say the least, especially when it comes from a person that openly states:

However, if certain people are determined to be abusive towards me (even a moderator), I can call y'all just as many names and slam ya with just as many accusations and all the threads that I'm attacked in, will be closed.

Clearly, you're not the person to admonish me about anything.

Why is it, that the very people who have this incessant need to tell others how to behave, are the very people who need their own behaviors culled and controlled?

If you take notice, I never tell others here how to act. That's not my concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back