Black People : Multi-generational anger

jamesfrmphilly said:
the issue is not anger, per se, but the misdirection of that anger.
a black person who is conscious and aware and living under white dominance should be angry.
the key is to accept, control and direct your anger so that it works for you and not against you.

Exactly. Control the anger and don't let it control you.

Queenie :spinstar:

So few can control there anger when it come it comes
often builded up inside and sometime they may not be aware of it
when they display in a negative manner ,
so where do it put that person or what steps should be taken ??

I’m passionate, but I’m not angry because I realize that I have power to change my circumstances. Not only do I have this power, but I have used it to prove I can make these changes for me and mine. I wish that all other Black people felt the same way.

IMO, Black people have enormous opportunities in this society and in the world. No matter what anyone says, my mind will never change about that.

Maybe some people need anger to motivate them, but if anger was doing that for most angry Black people, then we should be on top. Black people definitely have enough anger to fuel an army.

IMO, the anger on this site is like an out-of-control automatic weapon firing wildly, randomly, wounding, and destroying the few bridges that exist between people.

Riada said:
I’m passionate, but I’m not angry because I realize that I have power to change my circumstances. Not only do I have this power, but I have used it to prove I can make these changes for me and mine. I wish that all other Black people felt the same way.

IMO, Black people have enormous opportunities in this society and in the world. No matter what anyone says, my mind will never change about that.

Maybe some people need anger to motivate them, but if anger was doing that for most angry Black people, then we should be on top. Black people definitely have enough anger to fuel an army.

IMO, the anger on this site is like an out-of-control automatic weapon firing wildly, randomly, wounding, and destroying the few bridges that exist between people.

Sister Riada, do you think there's any emotion that humans can feel that doesn't serve some purpose...even anger? I think it does have a purpose that can be used in a positive way. It's anger that is left to simmer and boil, improperly managed that is harmful to us. But directed in the right way, it can be just the fuel one needs to achieve greater heights than before.

The point to this thread is not to reiterate what anyone who can read already knows, but exactly as Brother James nailed it. I'm not trying to persuade Black people NOT to be angry, but to take better control of it. It's the target that needs to change, not the fuel. We can't keep beating up on each other because it doesn't calm the anger, it just redirects it and often that redirection is inward. Does it make sense to you as it does me that if you hit the right target dead center, the anger will be appeased and eventually go away?

Queenie :spinstar:

$$RICH$$ said:
So few can control there anger when it come it comes
often builded up inside and sometime they may not be aware of it
when they display in a negative manner ,
so where do it put that person or what steps should be taken ??
the first step is to identify who the actual enemy is that is harming you.
most uneducated people do not realize who is hurting them and so they vent on a random person to no good end.
the white devil structure sets us all against each other so we will fight and keep ourselves down.
the day we stop fighting each other and turn on them will be a great day.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back