Black People : Molefi Asante Must Go, Say Students and Educators

Dean Soufas remarked: “All decisions about the renewal of contracts of non-tenure-track faculty members are made jointly by department chairs and the dean’s office. Often when departments revise their curricula, it is necessary to change faculty resources in the non-tenure-track ranks to match the new course directions. Dr. Asante, the chairman of African-American Studies, is making some exciting curriculum changes in the department and wanted different fields of study to be covered by instructors.”​

http://www.omaat.org/2014/04/29/crisis-shakes-temple-university/

From here:
http://www.omaat.org/2014/04/29/crisis-shakes-temple-university/

It's asserted that it's more to do with Dr. M's activism and some Dean's disapproval. Apparently the Dean disliked Dr. M's insistence on Dr. A becoming Chair of the Department, among other activities; as the Dean is bent against the Department (trying to put non-Africans into leadership roles.)

I don't know. I should sit this one out!

Yeah, I don't too much about this. I do know that people get into positions and just camp out there. Year back, the NAACP hired a new director for the local chapter here in Tacoma. And he fired just about everybody because they were there just to collect a check, and some had been there for 20 rears.

Thanks for filling me in...

Peace!

So whats the deal James, where do you stand on this?:popcorn1:
Peace!
i already said what i thought.

two highly educated brothers cannot find a way to co exist.
the white dean comes in and applies pressure and the brothers start fighting? over the crumbs?
it's shameful and sad.

the current generation of black people is going to hell because of self hate and self destruction.
we now fight rather than co operate. the white man has won. i'm glad that i will not live to see much more of this mess.

Last edited:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back