Black People : Militant, Activist, Terrorist: What do they mean?

"Revolutionary" has a similar definition as the others. These labels came to mind as I continued to read the other thread, "Can Malcolm's Mission be Resurrected...". I can't quite find the words to explain why the concept of these labels suddenly surfaced in my thoughts, but they did when I read that thread. Prior to this discussion, I never viewed these terms as being one in the same. They didn't strike the same emotional cord in me when I saw or heard them being used. But, in practice, they are the same, aren't they? None is more passive or aggressive than the other. At least when it comes to Black folk, if we're doing anything for the betterment of our people, we're going to be assigned the labels. But that shouldn't concern us.

I'm an "elder" when it comes to my age but I'm still learning. Those that have responded, I expected would. I follow many of you because I respect your ideas. Thank you for your patience and support of what might seem to some as mundane conversations that I engage in.

Queenie :heart:

Sister Queen, I just wanna make something clear to you. No matter how young or how old you are, as a teacher by profession I try to keep an open mind and am open always to questions which are sincere in nature.

Keep learning and being open to learning. That is the fountainhead of youth.

"Revolutionary" has a similar definition as the others. These labels came to mind as I continued to read the other thread, "Can Malcolm's Mission be Resurrected...". I can't quite find the words to explain why the concept of these labels suddenly surfaced in my thoughts, but they did when I read that thread. Prior to this discussion, I never viewed these terms as being one in the same. They didn't strike the same emotional cord in me when I saw or heard them being used. But, in practice, they are the same, aren't they? None is more passive or aggressive than the other. At least when it comes to Black folk, if we're doing anything for the betterment of our people, we're going to be assigned the labels. But that shouldn't concern us.

I'm an "elder" when it comes to my age but I'm still learning. Those that have responded, I expected would. I follow many of you because I respect your ideas. Thank you for your patience and support of what might seem to some as mundane conversations that I engage in.

Queenie :heart:
Please read the full mission statement, and this needs to be cleared up once and for all .As long as someone in this nation is talking about armed revolution, blowing up stuff or robbing banks, the system is as happy as a child under a Christmas tree! They like that! they can label that! they can control that! But when you talk about Black folks doing for self "outside" o a religious orthodoxy but Black folks in general; creating our own employment, our own schools, employing each other, and then reinvesting and helping Africa.....OH THEY HATE THAT!!! THEN THEY CANT STOP THAT OR LABEL YOU, SO THEY GO AFTER YOU TO KILL YOU! According to professor James Smalls the youngest member of the OAAU at the time of that nightmarish event at the Audobon, one of the main reasons why Malcolm was assasinated is because the corporatocracy feared that his policies of colective economics, if allowed to go viral, would take billions out of White hands and control! (see video provided)
The post was not about some romantic speech some may have heard Malcolm make about this or that the post as about a very specific document, a document that in no way can be construed to be anything more or less then a Blueprint for Black Progress; http://www.malcolm-x.org/docs/gen_oaau.htm

Please read the full mission statement, and this needs to be cleared up once and for all .As long as someone in this nation is talking about armed revolution, blowing up stuff or robbing banks, the system is as happy as a child under a Christmas tree! They like that! they can label that! they can control that! But when you talk about Black folks doing for self "outside" o a religious orthodoxy but Black folks in general; creating our own employment, our own schools, employing each other, and then reinvesting and helping Africa.....OH THEY HATE THAT!!! THEN THEY CANT STOP THAT OR LABEL YOU, SO THEY GO AFTER YOU TO KILL YOU! According to professor James Smalls the youngest member of the OAAU at the time of that nightmarish event at the Audobon, one of the main reasons why Malcolm was assasinated is because the corporatocracy feared that his policies of colective economics, if allowed to go viral, would take billions out of White hands and control! (see video provided)
The post was not about some romantic speech some may have heard Malcolm make about this or that the post as about a very specific document, a document that in no way can be construed to be anything more or less then a Blueprint for Black Progress; http://www.malcolm-x.org/docs/gen_oaau.htm
Please fast forward Professor Small's statement is near the end of this

I think anyone can come up with some pretty reasonable definitions for each of those words or some thoughtful insight into what they mean to them.

I think the real question whether or not these crazy legal definitions or secret interpretations (yea...I know...wtf) align with something sane that the common person understands.

We can also add another one to the list "enemy combatant".

The Senate has voted to send funds to support the insurgents in Syria, a good number of who are Al Qeda, well known to be just like the knuckas they supported in Libya, so , we really are living in Orwells 1984 and are shoveled Double Speak from the Ministry of Information, because a terrorist one day can be a US asset and ally, and an activist can be labeled as a terrorist under NDAA and just picked up off the street and detained without any recourse or outside communication, what soever http://www.democracynow.org/2013/5/...te_to_arm_syrian_rebels#.UZ4bioi-ipg.facebook

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back