Black History : LEST WE NOT FORGET

So True!

On another note, when i listen to the children born around 1998 and up, many of them don't even know what racism truly is. They seem to think racism is calling a white person white, and/or a white person calling them black. They don't distinguish prejudices from racism.

If we forget our past, our children will surely find themselves back in the same circumstances our enslaved Ancestors had to endure.

:heart:

It is indeed part of our responsibilities/roels/etc. to either be good role models and/or rear today's young folk...

Though the goal to make them self reliant human beings, and it is their right to determine their own fates etc.

So, it is good for us and them, i. e., not all of our young folk can so easily be stereotyped or typecasted...

As we also consider what images etc. via the mainstream media are negative or positive, do contrast the difference between those via movies like THE RIVER NIGER, as opposed to DJANGO...

I. e., as you (among others here), use popular culture to back up your efforts, also do keep in mind the exceptions and the norms, as in those filmmakers who have something to say-- as opposed with those who merely have something to sell...

Good luck and best wishes...

FYI

So True!

On another note, when i listen to the children born around 1998 and up, many of them don't even know what racism truly is. They seem to think racism is calling a white person white, and/or a white person calling them black. They don't distinguish prejudices from racism.

If we forget our past, our children will surely find themselves back in the same circumstances our enslaved Ancestors had to endure.

:heart:

It is indeed part of our responsibilities/roels/etc. to either be good role models and/or rear today's young folk...

Though the goal to make them self reliant human beings, and it is their right to determine their own fates etc.

So, it is good for us and them, i. e., not all of our young folk can so easily be stereotyped or typecasted...

As we also consider what images etc. via the mainstream media are negative or positive, do contrast the difference between those via movies like THE RIVER NIGER, as opposed to DJANGO...

I. e., as you (among others here), use popular culture to back up your efforts, also do keep in mind the exceptions and the norms, as in those filmmakers who have something to say-- as opposed with those who merely have something to sell...

Good luck and best wishes...

FYI

Elijah Grant with Kemet Agyei and 8 others
"In 1923, Rosewood was a primarily Black town in Florida. One day a White woman living in a nearby town had been beaten and robbed. Afraid they would find the r...eal attacker who was her husband, she told police and her town residents that it was a Black man. Immediately a mob of White men and women took to the streets to find the so called attacker. The first Black Man they ran into was Sam Carter. He was tortured relentlessly until he admitted to participating in the White woman’s attack. After being forced to admit something he did not do, they shot him in the head in front of his wife. This was not enough and they continued their reign of terror. The mob traveled across town killing and burning down any and everything they saw in their sight. They burned houses, stores, and almost all the BLACK CHURCHES. Eventually the Black town residents had enough and they began to fight back but this did not amount to much because the Mob had grown too big. The most disturbing event of the entire standoff was the murder of a 4 year old Black girl. As the little girl lay over her mother’s dead body crying, two members of the white mob grabbed her by her ankles and threw her into a nearby burning building. Days later after the town was deserted and things calmed down, the mob returned to check for survivors and burn anything else they had missed. The Rosewood Massacre is something that is rarely spoken of these days. Over 150 Black Residents were killed; many of their bodies found hanging from trees. Very few of the Black Residents managed to escape and others would never return to the land they had spent their whole lives developing. White people have committed the most atrocious acts the world could ever imagine against Black people. Don’t ever let them convince you to forget."
Written by @KingKwajo

well i want quite born after 98 but in 1990 and yep its true the kind of racism my father and his father before had to put up with just aint been a feature of my life at all - sure i been called all manner of names - i been stared at - definitely been made to feel way less than welcome in some places and yep we call that racism but its true this aint nothin compared to what people had to put up with before - now i been lucky in that ive had a lot of the stuff here told me over the years - but the past is important and people have to remember - remember all the things done to us and remember all the people who struggled even gave up there lives so that i can get on any bus i want - vote in elections and so on - people need to know this stuff!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back