Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Latino Gang Accused of Conspiring to Kill Blacks

By John Spano, Times Staff Writer
July 4, 2006

Federal prosecutors allege that members of the Avenues in L.A. plotted to commit violence against African Americans.

Federal prosecutors, who launched their case last week, contend that the Avenues gang between 1994 and 2000 conspired to kill African Americans on their turf.

Men, women and children were harassed, terrorized, assaulted and slain as gang members sought to force black residents out of Latino neighborhoods, prosecutors said.

The first of three former gang members, each in custody and hoping for leniency, testified Monday. Jesse Diaz, who described himself as a tagger from age 12, told jurors the Avenues decided to fight the "infestation" of blacks in Highland Park with a systematic terror campaign designed to run them out of the neighborhood.

Diaz, who has 10 more years to serve in prison for attempted murder, said the Avenues hated all rival gangs. But the antipathy for blacks was different, he said.

One told the FBI in interviews that the gang got an order in 1998 from the Mexican Mafia prison gang to "kill any blacks … on sight."

Click Here To Read Entire Article

:heart:

Destee

Destee said:
Latino Gang Accused of Conspiring to Kill Blacks

By John Spano, Times Staff Writer
July 4, 2006

Federal prosecutors allege that members of the Avenues in L.A. plotted to commit violence against African Americans.

Federal prosecutors, who launched their case last week, contend that the Avenues gang between 1994 and 2000 conspired to kill African Americans on their turf.

Men, women and children were harassed, terrorized, assaulted and slain as gang members sought to force black residents out of Latino neighborhoods, prosecutors said.

The first of three former gang members, each in custody and hoping for leniency, testified Monday. Jesse Diaz, who described himself as a tagger from age 12, told jurors the Avenues decided to fight the "infestation" of blacks in Highland Park with a systematic terror campaign designed to run them out of the neighborhood.

Diaz, who has 10 more years to serve in prison for attempted murder, said the Avenues hated all rival gangs. But the antipathy for blacks was different, he said.

One told the FBI in interviews that the gang got an order in 1998 from the Mexican Mafia prison gang to "kill any blacks … on sight."

Click Here To Read Entire Article

:heart:

Destee

I lived for 15 years (1990-2005) in nearby Monterey Hillls, between Ave 57 and 60 and used to walk the streets and never had one problem with any latino gangs, nor did I ever witness a problem with Black youth when I used to play basketball and Higland Park Rec Center on North Figueroa. In fact, at one time I had 4 vehicles and would take the bus and Metrorail to work often passing through Highland Park on the way to Pasadena and never had not one problem. I did have one incident in nearby El Sereno when on the bus an old eastsider from Locke Street thought I disrespected him for not recognizing him but he was confusing me with another "OG". Near to where I lived was the East Side 18th St gang and some of those guys I knew from the Westside so the article is correct when it says that there are Westsiders moving north into the Aves but the irony is that the CRIPS supposedly started in the "Aves" but southside not north. So the hispanic north "Aves" styled themselves like CRIPS and I dont remember ever seeing those guys wear any red, but there are west side 18th St that do wear red because they live in the same hoods as the NHood Bloods in the 20s.

The rumors about El Eme putting out a hit against ALL Blacks has been circulating for some time now but that's mostly within the prison population. Last year when there was racial unrest in the schools it was mostly mid city except for Jeff High. There were no reported incidents at the schools in the "Aves"...Garfield, Franklin, Lincoln.

Now there were a few incidents I remember involving some latinos and a few Black bus drivers, mostly who were new. They drove one of the worst lines in the city through Highland Park that goes from cal State LA to Pasadena city College. The drivers would often run late and tended to be very rude and disrespectful to the bus riders and a few Black drivers had the wrong attitude so a few of them got shot at or stoned, or into fights. But these were younger Black drivers. The older Black drivers I never remember having a problem.

Note: This is all the more reason I finally got out of los angeles. the media, more than any other factor, has been fueling the problem between Black and Latino youth deeply dividing the city with all this rumor mongering and "scandals". Its got Black kids increasing scared for their lives and it's increasing the drop-out rates all the way down to the middle schools. "Gang Violence" has actually been decreasing the past few years because Black gangs have been in "Black flight" with more Black families moving to Riverside, San Berbardinoo, etc....and increasingly out of state.

omowalejabali said:
Note: This is all the more reason I finally got out of los angeles. the media, more than any other factor, has been fueling the problem between Black and Latino youth deeply dividing the city with all this rumor mongering and "scandals". Its got Black kids increasing scared for their lives and it's increasing the drop-out rates all the way down to the middle schools. "Gang Violence" has actually been decreasing the past few years because Black gangs have been in "Black flight" with more Black families moving to Riverside, San Berbardinoo, etc....and increasingly out of state.

You know, brother, I am glad that you put this thing into perspective, and reinforced some feelings I have about this article. It seems to have Counter INTELLIGENCE PROGRAM written all over it. Even the whole prison gangs piece seems government-inspired much like the CRACK EPIDEMIC. I don't say that we Africans should not look into these kinds of conspiracies, but we should be very vigilant, and suspicious about them, because a bloodbath between groups of color is the last frontier. That's just what they want, and if we're stupid, we will give them their satisfaction.

Secondly, this term LATINO should be used discreetly. Out in Cali and in Texas, it's Chicano's/Mexicanos, but on the east coast, particularly in New York/New Jersey/Philadelphia, it means Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Cubans, Panamanians, and so forth, and these Caribbean people look just like us. They've also got a better, longstanding relationship with African Americans than Chicanos and Mexicans out west, and we tend to outnumber them on the East Coast, which means int would be suicidal to openly declare war on BLacks. Frankly, I think we have to be vigilant, because the White Man is scared out of his wits enough to attemt to foment a lot of madness between our groups. We gotta clock their moves as much as they clock ours, or the next thing we know, the streets will run with our blood, and those left standing will wind up in a penitentiary going at each in the final phase of our destruction.

FLATFOOTFLOOGIE said:
You know, brother, I am glad that you put this thing into perspective, and reinforced some feelings I have about this article. It seems to have Counter INTELLIGENCE PROGRAM written all over it. Even the whole prison gangs piece seems government-inspired much like the CRACK EPIDEMIC. I don't say that we Africans should not look into these kinds of conspiracies, but we should be very vigilant, and suspicious about them, because a bloodbath between groups of color is the last frontier. That's just what they want, and if we're stupid, we will give them their satisfaction.

Secondly, this term LATINO should be used discreetly. Out in Cali and in Texas, it's Chicano's/Mexicanos, but on the east coast, particularly in New York/New Jersey/Philadelphia, it means Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Cubans, Panamanians, and so forth, and these Caribbean people look just like us. They've also got a better, longstanding relationship with African Americans than Chicanos and Mexicans out west, and we tend to outnumber them on the East Coast, which means int would be suicidal to openly declare war on BLacks. Frankly, I think we have to be vigilant, because the White Man is scared out of his wits enough to attemt to foment a lot of madness between our groups. We gotta clock their moves as much as they clock ours, or the next thing we know, the streets will run with our blood, and those left standing will wind up in a penitentiary going at each in the final phase of our destruction.

Absolutely. Great post.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back