Black People : Latino vote

Therious

Well-Known Member
BANNED
Feb 22, 2004
4,074
1,281
I hate when I hear blacks use terms like "our latino brothers and sisters".
I truly think that this vote could come down to the states with high concentrations of latinos, especially mexicans in the west.

Clinton took California because of the latino vote, at least that is what was reported. I see no real reason why these so called latinos vote for Clinton,besides the fact that she is a white. Black leaders always seem to advocate for latinos, why? It is obvious where they stand,it always has been.I remeber when they were begging blacks to support their imigration thing, even if Obama guranteed that he would send buses to cart their relatives over the border they would still vote for a white candidate imo.

This is a growing population which out numbers blacks in CA, and elsewhere. Should these people be considered a threat or a hostile group just as europeans?I have said yes to that q for many years. My background is the cause for that being that I have witnessed racial gang wars between blacks and mexicans 1st hand.
 
Brother Therious please...

Therious said:
I hate when I hear blacks use terms like "our latino brothers and sisters".
I truly think that this vote could come down to the states with high concentrations of latinos, especially mexicans in the west.

Clinton took California because of the latino vote, at least that is what was reported. I see no real reason why these so called latinos vote for Clinton,besides the fact that she is a white. Black leaders always seem to advocate for latinos, why? It is obvious where they stand,it always has been.I remeber when they were begging blacks to support their imigration thing, even if Obama guranteed that he would send buses to cart their relatives over the border they would still vote for a white candidate imo.

This is a growing population which out numbers blacks in CA, and elsewhere. Should these people be considered a threat or a hostile group just as europeans?I have said yes to that q for many years. My background is the cause for that being that I have witnessed racial gang wars between blacks and mexicans 1st hand.


Before going off on "latinos" in yet another thread, and I told some folks before that if you ain't about coalition building don't expect other non-whites to vote for or support Obama, look at some very simple facts.

Black people make up about 13-14% of California's population which is close to the national average. Obama has beaten Clinton in states with less than that percentage. In the California primary, only 4% of the Democratic voters were Black. 4%.

This is a classic example of us expecting others to do what we fail to do ourselves and Black folks in California are notorious for this. Whites, Asians, Latinos AND Blacks voted for Clinton in California.

So, why try to reduce this to one factor when there are numerous factors involved? Furthermore, look who Clinton's new campaign manager is and where she is from!

The other thing is that in California Clinton won by a percentage that closely reflects the gender gap in California where 55% of the eligible democratic voters are WOMEN.
 
omowalejabali said:
Before going off on "latinos" in yet another thread, and I told some folks before that if you ain't about coalition building don't expect other non-whites to vote for or support Obama, look at some very simple facts.

Black people make up about 13-14% of California's population which is close to the national average. Obama has beaten Clinton in states with less than that percentage. In the California primary, only 4% of the Democratic voters were Black. 4%.

This is a classic example of us expecting others to do what we fail to do ourselves and Black folks in California are notorious for this. Whites, Asians, Latinos AND Blacks voted for Clinton in California.

So, why try to reduce this to one factor when there are numerous factors involved? Furthermore, look who Clinton's new campaign manager is and where she is from!

The other thing is that in California Clinton won by a percentage that closely reflects the gender gap in California where 55% of the eligible democratic voters are WOMEN.

MY POINT WAS, I SERIOUSLY DOUBT LATINOS ARE INTERSETED IN A COALITION WITH AA'S. I THINK FOR STATUS AND CLASS AND SHEER HATRED REASONS THEY WANT TO ROLL WITH WHITES.POINT TAKEN ON THAT PERCENTAGE BREAK DOWN.IM JUST SAYIN IMO IT IS A WASTE TO CONTINUOUSLY COURT LATINOS. I THINK WE ARE SPINING OUR WHEELS. LOL HOPE I AM NOT TAKEN AS GOING OFF,JUST HOW I FEEL MAN LOL.
 
Therious said:
MY POINT WAS, I SERIOUSLY DOUBT LATINOS ARE INTERSETED IN A COALITION WITH AA'S. I THINK FOR STATUS AND CLASS AND SHEER HATRED REASONS THEY WANT TO ROLL WITH WHITES.POINT TAKEN ON THAT PERCENTAGE BREAK DOWN.IM JUST SAYIN IMO IT IS A WASTE TO CONTINUOUSLY COURT LATINOS. I THINK WE ARE SPINING OUR WHEELS. LOL HOPE I AM NOT TAKEN AS GOING OFF,JUST HOW I FEEL MAN LOL.


Brother Therious, my only thing with you is how many times are we going to keep going in circles over this?

Why does it always have to come down to race?

What about the ISSUES involved?

Barack Obama is not favored by "latinos" because he got a low rating on immigration reform from LULAC while Clinton got a high rating.

While you and other black folks dismiss "latinos" as "white folks" they are at the same time dealing with hostility from whites on the immigration issue. White folks who let them know they ain't white. White folks who here is Texas are passing english-speaking only ordinances and penalizing some retailers who hire undocumented workers.

As far as Californians ACROSS THE BOARD voting for Clinton, check Maxine Waters who is a superdelegate pledged to Clinton. A lot of that small % of Black folks, especially in Southern Cal are gonna vote the way Maxine and Diane Watson vote. And if they said Hilllary, that's the ways their constituients voted. And this is why I say, if Black "insiders" don't vote for Obama, why expect "latinos" to do any different?

I mean really bruh. As far as "rolling with the white folks" that's exactly what BLACK folks in Cali been doing for years!

Black folks voted for James Hahn in larger numbers than Villaraigosa in both elections. Black voted to impeach Grey Davis and voted in Arnold.

Really, some of the most outspoken Clinton supporters are BLACK, not "latino", and I'm talking nationally (such as Hastings in Florida).
 
omowalejabali said:
Brother Therious, my only thing with you is how many times are we going to keep going in circles over this?

Why does it always have to come down to race?

What about the ISSUES involved?

Barack Obama is not favored by "latinos" because he got a low rating on immigration reform from LULAC while Clinton got a high rating.

While you and other black folks dismiss "latinos" as "white folks" they are at the same time dealing with hostility from whites on the immigration issue. White folks who let them know they ain't white. White folks who here is Texas are passing english-speaking only ordinances and penalizing some retailers who hire undocumented workers.

As far as Californians ACROSS THE BOARD voting for Clinton, check Maxine Waters who is a superdelegate pledged to Clinton. A lot of that small % of Black folks, especially in Southern Cal are gonna vote the way Maxine and Diane Watson vote. And if they said Hilllary, that's the ways their constituients voted. And this is why I say, if Black "insiders" don't vote for Obama, why expect "latinos" to do any different?

I mean really bruh. As far as "rolling with the white folks" that's exactly what BLACK folks in Cali been doing for years!

Black folks voted for James Hahn in larger numbers than Villaraigosa in both elections. Black voted to impeach Grey Davis and voted in Arnold.

Really, some of the most outspoken Clinton supporters are BLACK, not "latino", and I'm talking nationally (such as Hastings in Florida).

I was initially going to take Therious's position and say it is the Latinos, but you placed it fair and square - on US.

The Willie Lynch crabs in a barrel mentality is the biggest choke hold we as a people face. Of course, as a devout Marimba Anite, I will also advance the seductive and tantalizing approach of White Supremacy which is a strong factor in why the colored peoples of this world can not unite. The old divide and conquer tactic operating on a mutiplicity of levels. The white man's tentacles have a long reach, subtly influencing could-be allies to oppose one another. My uncle fought in Korea and he recalled Koreans asking them (the Black soliders) at the time where their was. The white man put it on their mind.

One article, I read today at work, from Saint Louis posed the statement that it was hard to gauge the Latino vote. One individual, an architectural illustrator expatriated from Mexico and married to a Black woman, made an interesting observation. He said that many Latinos are used to whites holding a governing position and are, if only for "brainwashed" perceptions, weary of a Black person leading.

A day before the vote was held in Washington state, the question to which candidate Asian-Americans were aligned with. It was reported that more Asian-Americans were more comfortable with Billary and felt more confident with her. A young Asian-American said something to similiar to the Mexican guy from Saint Louis. One thing I noticed people use, in defending their decision toward Hillary, is the word "experience". I, personally, believe this is a code-word to hide people's prejudices and biases in a really tactful and polite way.

As someone that celebrates his First Nation heritage, as well as, his Black one, I can say early on in the presidential nomination both Billary and Barack snubbed an increasingly unified and formidable voting bloc - the First Nations people. Last year, when the debates were happening all over the place, a First Nations group organized a debate for the Democratic candidates. Both the two remaining people failed to attend. Of course, the argument is scheduling conflicts, but there was cold chill felt among the people. Right before Super Tuesday, both candidates tried to open up shop on the Navajo rez, the nation's largest reservation encompassing two states. One thing I noticed in the southwest states, you have a few "Latinos" that identify themselves as Indians because in their countries that's what they are seen as. It behooves any candidate to make the connection and understand that the Tohono O'odham, Yaquai and Kumeyaay peoples, among others, are two country groups with relatives living across the border, especially in the Sonoran desert. Understand where I'm coming from. Many people, we know as "Mexicans" (Mixetec) and (mestizo) are very secretly Nahuatl speakers. The Nahuatl language is the modern-day Aztec language, which is part of the Uto-Aztecan linguistic superphylum. Funniest thing is my great grandfather is Numunu (Comanche) and they spoke Shoshonean, which is part of Uto-Aztecan family.

Blackbird
 

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back
Top