Black People : Do Latino People Dislike African Americans?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Liberty, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Liberty

Liberty Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,292
  2. Liberty

Liberty Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,292
    The Problem With What George Lopez Did, Explained (In Less Than 300 Words Too!)

upload_2017-2-16_10-58-18.png

300 words? Really? You think you can do this?

Not if you keep asking stupid questions.

Touche. So, why is George Lopez in the news today?

Read more

http://verysmartbrothas.com/the-pro...pez-did-explained-in-less-than-300-words-too/

The Problem With What George Lopez Did, Explained (In Less Than 300 Words Too!) | VSB

You can't help but wonder if Lopez felt empowered to go extra hard on her because she was Black
    verysmartbrothas.com

3. IFE

IFE going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,063
    LAWSUIT!! He called her a B and threw her out. Was it because she is Black and not an illegal immigrant. He's doing those angry commercials on the wall trump wants built.

I use to kinda like George. Hate to see him go. Won't be watching his show.

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,540
    on the one had i find it hard to put any feelings on what latin people think.
    on the other hand the strategy is to divide and conquer.....as long as we fall for the hype we will all be unable to defeat the whites

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  5. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,060
    I get the comedic side to the joke. Many of us have listened to Richard Pryor jokes about people of other races, including his own--Black people, and have laughed until we cried and he got plenty of head nodding and "amens" from his audiences. I don't think Lopez meant the joke to be racially charged. His reaction to the person in the crowd--report says she is Black--was beyond disrespectful, offensive and distasteful.

I don't know if Lopez has ever done that before, but the timing of his tirade, post presidential elections; a time when RACE and what people think and feel about it is in your face, and now that we have a president who is demonstrating his own inability and competence to talk about that or any other serious issue that divides us, is just plain dumb.

Jokes aside..."entertainers" should be framing their comedy routines around real issues that plague our nation, particularly under this administration and work intentionally to steer clear of anything that feeds into his politics. Those jokes might have been funny before, but, as he saw, they aren't funny to some people today. So instead of crucifying and humiliating people in your audience who take stuff like that seriously and are offended by it, check yourself and put yourself in their shoes for a moment. Stop the madness and being a tool. Mindless banter for the sake of a few laughs is only serving to put people back to sleep. A lot can be learned from comedians like George Carlin.

6. Senegal

Senegal going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +341
    I know down in LA the relations are strained. Where I live we get along great and often unite. I even see Black and Latino couples all the time. Pretty sure if we have Black people that dont like Black people then there definitely is some Latino people that dont like us. There is colorism in the Latino community just like there is in the East Indian and Black community.

Thats the first time I have seen Lopez do something like that and from past shows he seems very pro Black. He was proud when he had his DNA examined and found out he had some African in him. He was wrong to treat that Black woman like that but then we cant hear what she was saying to him.

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,540
    divide.jpg

• Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  8. Senegal

United States
    Ratings:
    +341
    Turns out the woman is half Black and Latino. She was on a date with a Mexican guy.

9. Senegal

United States
    Ratings:
    +341
  10. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +941
    At the end of the day... Most Latinos don't recognize or celebrate the Africans in their lineage. I'm not expecting them to catch my back... and they shouldn't be looking for me to help them not be deported

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List