Black People : Do Latino People Dislike African Americans?

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
The Problem With What George Lopez Did, Explained (In Less Than 300 Words Too!)

upload_2017-2-16_10-58-18.png

300 words? Really? You think you can do this?

Not if you keep asking stupid questions.

Touche. So, why is George Lopez in the news today?

Read more

http://verysmartbrothas.com/the-pro...pez-did-explained-in-less-than-300-words-too/

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
The Problem With What George Lopez Did, Explained (In Less Than 300 Words Too!)

View attachment 8233

300 words? Really? You think you can do this?

Not if you keep asking stupid questions.

Touche. So, why is George Lopez in the news today?

Read more

http://verysmartbrothas.com/the-pro...pez-did-explained-in-less-than-300-words-too/

LAWSUIT!! He called her a B and threw her out. Was it because she is Black and not an illegal immigrant. He's doing those angry commercials on the wall trump wants built.

I use to kinda like George. Hate to see him go. Won't be watching his show.

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
on the one had i find it hard to put any feelings on what latin people think.
on the other hand the strategy is to divide and conquer.....as long as we fall for the hype we will all be unable to defeat the whites

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
I get the comedic side to the joke. Many of us have listened to Richard Pryor jokes about people of other races, including his own--Black people, and have laughed until we cried and he got plenty of head nodding and "amens" from his audiences. I don't think Lopez meant the joke to be racially charged. His reaction to the person in the crowd--report says she is Black--was beyond disrespectful, offensive and distasteful.

I don't know if Lopez has ever done that before, but the timing of his tirade, post presidential elections; a time when RACE and what people think and feel about it is in your face, and now that we have a president who is demonstrating his own inability and competence to talk about that or any other serious issue that divides us, is just plain dumb.

Jokes aside..."entertainers" should be framing their comedy routines around real issues that plague our nation, particularly under this administration and work intentionally to steer clear of anything that feeds into his politics. Those jokes might have been funny before, but, as he saw, they aren't funny to some people today. So instead of crucifying and humiliating people in your audience who take stuff like that seriously and are offended by it, check yourself and put yourself in their shoes for a moment. Stop the madness and being a tool. Mindless banter for the sake of a few laughs is only serving to put people back to sleep. A lot can be learned from comedians like George Carlin.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Discerning Black People Politics : Take that, you Black and Latino defectors! Black People Politics 8
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Money Business Jobs : Killer Mike's majority Black and Latino owned online bank already has 'tens of thousands' on the waiting list Black Money Business Jobs 0
HODEE Black People : JPMorgan Chase is making a $30 billion commitment to help address U.S. wealth in equality, in underserved Black and Latino Communities Black People Open Forum 2
Liberty Black Education / Schools : Opt-out movement aims to lure more African-American, Latino parents Black Education / Schools 0
RAPTOR Black People : Latino Gangs Launch Attacks on Black Families in Compton to Drive Them Out of the City Black People Open Forum 7
RAPTOR Black People : I am Not Latina! Calling ourselves latino means genocide!-Mexica Movement Black People Open Forum 6
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Pres. obama spoke to the latino community about a pressing issue... Black People Politics 0
Therious Black People : Latino vote Black People Open Forum 31
D Black Spirituality Religion : Is the Latino section of some stores in your area a sort of Santeria section? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Destee Black People : Latino or Latina Black People Open Forum 5
Destee Black People : Latino Gang Accused of Conspiring to Kill Blacks Black People Open Forum 17
P Black People : Latino suburb welcomes illegals Black People Open Forum 12
P Black People : The Basis Of Black-Latino Unity Is Not Political Black People Open Forum 23
T Black Relationships : Interracial Dating - Black/Latino Black Relationships 39
I Pan Africanism : Latino or Hispanic is it classified as ones Race or Culture??? African American History Culture 12
K Black People : Latino Studio Says Hola To Hollywood Black People Open Forum 1
P Black People : Baltimore Seeks to increase its Latino Population by granting housing grants! Black People Open Forum 9
P Pan Africanism : Latino or Afro-Latino? You decide! African American History Culture 145
X Black People : Not Hispanic, Not Latino Black People Open Forum 4
C Black People : Why Black Afrikans In America All Of A Sudden Dislike Trump Very Much??? Black People Open Forum 0
jamesfrmphilly Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : swizz-beatz-defends-wife-alicia-keys-against-haters-who-dislike-her-make-up-free-face Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 5
Angela22 Black People : To Like or Dislike it Black People Open Forum 29
0101 Black People : I'm white and I dislike white people Black People Open Forum 4
G The Front Porch : Why do people dislike reading history? The Front Porch 94
SlickBeast Black People Politics : Why Does Everybody dislike Black People? Black People Politics 65
Destee Black People : Debate Styles - What Do You Like or Dislike ? Black People Open Forum 19
L Black People Politics : Pres Carter: Race Plays Role In Obama Dislike Black People Politics 10
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : WHY IS EVERYBODY TAUGHT TO DISLIKE BLACK PEOPLE ? Chief Elder Osiris 7
F Black People : LARRY ELDER AND MY DISLIKE FOR HIM Black People Open Forum 20
S Black Entertainment : The Johnson's Family Vacation Like or Dislike and Why? Black Entertainment 0
I Black People : White Supremists claim proof that Arnold Dislike Black People Black People Open Forum 10
S Black Poetry : I Dislike Money!!! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
Willie345 Black Spirituality Religion : Why African Americans no longer pray to Jesus Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : 'African Gene Theory' Is a Myth, and It's Harming Black Men's Heart Health Black Health and Wellness 0
A Pan-Africanism : Why very few African Themed-Clothing? Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 4
Kemetstry Health and Wellness : SOUTH AFRICAN STRAIN SEEM TO EVADE VACCINE !!!! Black Health and Wellness 5
imhotep06 African American History Culture : Renaming African-Americans: The Ba.Nkole and our new totem. African American History Culture 0
Senegal Black People : My African American.... Black People Open Forum 2
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : African Esquire TV Black People Politics 47
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Genetic impact of African slave trade revealed in DNA study African American History Culture 1
One-Hundredd African American History Culture : REAWAKENING THE AFRICAN MIND African American History Culture 4
HODEE Law Forum : Chances of African Americans ( LIFE ) Historically have been Shaped by Race. Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 3
Orisons Black People : African Doctor's Corona Virus Cure! Black People Open Forum 10
Hamma Africa : excerpt from sacredtexts.com under the African (religion,myth section found there) All Things Africa 5
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : The African slave who taught America how to vaccinate itself from smallpox Black People Doing Positive Things 2
U Africa : East African Anthem translation All Things Africa 0
skuderjaymes Health and Wellness : Corona Virus more prevalent among African Americans? Really? Black Health and Wellness 7
Clyde C Coger Jr Africa : 10 African Countries Have No Ventilators. That's Only Part of the Problem All Things Africa 5
Mekki ELMOGRABI Africa : Are SMEs the drive chain that moving African Economy? By Mekki ELMOGRABI All Things Africa 3
One-Hundredd African Traditional Religion : African Origins Of Freemasonry African Traditional Religion Study Group 0