Black People : Latino Gang Accused of Conspiring to Kill Blacks

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Latino Gang Accused of Conspiring to Kill Blacks

By John Spano, Times Staff Writer
    July 4, 2006

Federal prosecutors allege that members of the Avenues in L.A. plotted to commit violence against African Americans.

Federal prosecutors, who launched their case last week, contend that the Avenues gang between 1994 and 2000 conspired to kill African Americans on their turf.

Men, women and children were harassed, terrorized, assaulted and slain as gang members sought to force black residents out of Latino neighborhoods, prosecutors said.

The first of three former gang members, each in custody and hoping for leniency, testified Monday. Jesse Diaz, who described himself as a tagger from age 12, told jurors the Avenues decided to fight the "infestation" of blacks in Highland Park with a systematic terror campaign designed to run them out of the neighborhood.

Diaz, who has 10 more years to serve in prison for attempted murder, said the Avenues hated all rival gangs. But the antipathy for blacks was different, he said.

One told the FBI in interviews that the gang got an order in 1998 from the Mexican Mafia prison gang to "kill any blacks … on sight."

Click Here To Read Entire Article

:heart:

Destee

2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

I lived for 15 years (1990-2005) in nearby Monterey Hillls, between Ave 57 and 60 and used to walk the streets and never had one problem with any latino gangs, nor did I ever witness a problem with Black youth when I used to play basketball and Higland Park Rec Center on North Figueroa. In fact, at one time I had 4 vehicles and would take the bus and Metrorail to work often passing through Highland Park on the way to Pasadena and never had not one problem. I did have one incident in nearby El Sereno when on the bus an old eastsider from Locke Street thought I disrespected him for not recognizing him but he was confusing me with another "OG". Near to where I lived was the East Side 18th St gang and some of those guys I knew from the Westside so the article is correct when it says that there are Westsiders moving north into the Aves but the irony is that the CRIPS supposedly started in the "Aves" but southside not north. So the hispanic north "Aves" styled themselves like CRIPS and I dont remember ever seeing those guys wear any red, but there are west side 18th St that do wear red because they live in the same hoods as the NHood Bloods in the 20s.

The rumors about El Eme putting out a hit against ALL Blacks has been circulating for some time now but that's mostly within the prison population. Last year when there was racial unrest in the schools it was mostly mid city except for Jeff High. There were no reported incidents at the schools in the "Aves"...Garfield, Franklin, Lincoln.

Now there were a few incidents I remember involving some latinos and a few Black bus drivers, mostly who were new. They drove one of the worst lines in the city through Highland Park that goes from cal State LA to Pasadena city College. The drivers would often run late and tended to be very rude and disrespectful to the bus riders and a few Black drivers had the wrong attitude so a few of them got shot at or stoned, or into fights. But these were younger Black drivers. The older Black drivers I never remember having a problem.

3. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Note: This is all the more reason I finally got out of los angeles. the media, more than any other factor, has been fueling the problem between Black and Latino youth deeply dividing the city with all this rumor mongering and "scandals". Its got Black kids increasing scared for their lives and it's increasing the drop-out rates all the way down to the middle schools. "Gang Violence" has actually been decreasing the past few years because Black gangs have been in "Black flight" with more Black families moving to Riverside, San Berbardinoo, etc....and increasingly out of state.

4. FLATFOOTFLOOGIE

FLATFOOTFLOOGIE Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2

You know, brother, I am glad that you put this thing into perspective, and reinforced some feelings I have about this article. It seems to have Counter INTELLIGENCE PROGRAM written all over it. Even the whole prison gangs piece seems government-inspired much like the CRACK EPIDEMIC. I don't say that we Africans should not look into these kinds of conspiracies, but we should be very vigilant, and suspicious about them, because a bloodbath between groups of color is the last frontier. That's just what they want, and if we're stupid, we will give them their satisfaction.

Secondly, this term LATINO should be used discreetly. Out in Cali and in Texas, it's Chicano's/Mexicanos, but on the east coast, particularly in New York/New Jersey/Philadelphia, it means Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Cubans, Panamanians, and so forth, and these Caribbean people look just like us. They've also got a better, longstanding relationship with African Americans than Chicanos and Mexicans out west, and we tend to outnumber them on the East Coast, which means int would be suicidal to openly declare war on BLacks. Frankly, I think we have to be vigilant, because the White Man is scared out of his wits enough to attemt to foment a lot of madness between our groups. We gotta clock their moves as much as they clock ours, or the next thing we know, the streets will run with our blood, and those left standing will wind up in a penitentiary going at each in the final phase of our destruction.

5. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Absolutely. Great post.

6. backtoafrica

backtoafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Why do blacks talk about uniting with these people when they hate us?

7. spicybrown

United States
    Ratings:
    +118

I ask myself the same question repeatedly. Because Blacks figure: Latino's ancestors(Natives) and Black's ancestors(Black slaves) share a similar struggle; and that Blacks an Latinos are under constant "Watch", for whites fear some "final" uprising from us due to past injustices. Still, some Blacks naively believe this is the glue that bonds Black and Brown. We may have similar struggles, but we certainly have polar objectives, overall.

Do you think it would be beneficial for all non-whites to unite in bringing white power to a naught, then, the races going their separate ways once their goal is accomplished:?:

8. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Brother check this out.Things have changed at least in Cali since the 70s. Its not just a Chicano/Mexcano thing any more. In fact, during the 80s the local MECHA's were the ones who started using "latino" because of a diverse population that was increasingly Cuban, Salvadoreno, Guatemalian, Brazilia, Panamanian, Colombian, Nicaraguan, Costa Rican and Belizean. And most Filipinos have Spanish last names but tend to identify more with Blacks, at least in southern Cali. With this influx just witin the past 26 years the Black population has dwindled from about 25% to about 9% with very few predominatley Black neighborhoods.

Folks continue to criticize me for talking about coalition building but it has become a political IMPOSSIBILITY to elect Black candidates to office without some latino and asian (namely Korean) support. Likewise even in areas of large asian poplations such as Monterey Park and Montebello, the asian politicians cannot be a factor on the state level without some latino and Black support.

One reason I was so outspoken in support for Tookie Williams was knowing work he had done to broker a truce between Black and latino gangs in and out of the prison system which had an effect on areas such as Nickerson Gardens, The Pueblo and Watts Jordan Downs which were traditionally mostly Black projects near Watts that were turning largely latino. Tony Bogard and the prothers from Unity One such as Bo Taylor did a lot of work on the streets after the Rebellion in 92 to forge peace between Blacks and latinos and also cooled things out with asian business owners who were targeted for boycotts and looting. This is why it's no coincidence that these rumors of an El Eme hit were heavily circulating as protest was mounting for the Save Tookie campaign, which was a multi-racial effort.

For the critics I would like to know in a practical manner how Blacks in los ageles and other areas of southern california are expected to hold political office with less than 10% of the TOTAL population which means roughly 3% of the VOTING population since in most elections only around 30% of the entire electorate votes.

The more people argue with me against coalition building, I have watched since 1985 as those same Blacks have lost political power and ow its to the point that they have become xenophobic and instead of supporting other non-whites they are forming groups such as the Black Minutemen, rallying behind amerikkkan nationalism and are uniting with cnservative whites.

In the 70s a politician such as James Hahn never would have even though of building a coalition of liberal Blacks from south central with conservative and moderate whites from the valley because they moved their to get away from "us" and protested against busing and the integration of predominately white schools in the san fernando valley. Now everything done flipped and we wonder why we are in the predicament we're in.

Its easy for folks to criticize me who live in predominately Black areas of the South or in places like Philly or Chicago. But even then, how does New York end up with a governor Pataki and how do largely Black and Latino areas such as Florida end up with a Jeb Bush??

I guess Malcolm's "By Any Means Necessary" has been forgotten because it seems like we spend more time saying what we will not do but do you ever hear white folks saying openly that they wont "unite" with Blacks???

On the contrary....even the Republicans brag now about the influx of Black conservatives to their party and hold up Condolleza and their "trophy woman"..

9. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Since you live in Cali you can explain how a Black person can ever be elected as a State Senator or Governor without the support of Latinos and/or Koreans.

Furthermore, can you explain how the republicans were able to get into power in the first place??

I can. First they came up with Proposition 187 (of all the names) which divided the Black/Latino/Asian "Third World Coalition" since most Blacks SUPPORTED Prop 187 *smh* then the conservatives hit all non-whites and women with anti-affirmative action legislation and then resorted to a dirty tricks campaign against the democratic governor Grey Davis and BLACK FOLKS SUPPORTED THE GOVERNATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then, within the democratic party along with the republican/independent richard riordan they orchestrate a takeover of the la school board moving out Sid Thompson, the oldest BLACK area supertendent with a reorganization plan, push thru riordan's "charter reform" which means a form of redistricting and then moving out chief bernard parks and bringing in a white boy (bratton) from, of all places NEW YORK......right in the middle of the RAMPART DIVISION SCANDAL AND THE NOTORIOUS BIG MURDER INVESTIGATION!!!!

They bring in a white boy to COVER IT UP then blame Parks for the corruption within the department....and now who are the authorities on the Tupac and Biggie killings???

FORMER WHITE COPS!!!!

The same WHITE COPS who are spreading rumors to the Black community concerning "the Mexican Mafia out to get ya'll"

and black folks are buying into the hype!!!

10. spicybrown

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    WHAT THE FUUUU...........THEY CAN ALL BURN IN HELL

Well, I'LL BE GOD DAMNED...SPEAKING OF THE DEVIL...

AT THIS POINT I COULD CARELESS ABOUT SOME BOOTSY *** GANG. IF LEFT UP TO ME...SHEEEEIT, I'D OFF THEM ALL. WHY DON'T THESE IDIOTS SELL THEIR FUNKY ***** FOR A COME UP? WHY I JUST LEFT THE ER BEHIND THEY BULL****MY MAN WAS SHOT 3 TIMES IN HIS FOREARM WITH A 38 BY SOME YOUNG DUMBA$$ CRIPS & BLOODS ON HIS WAY FROM WORK ON A PITTSTOP TO GET GAS!!! **** COULDA BEEN FATAL!! **** all these measly minded muthafuckas. I sho wish I knew who THE **** dunnit. I'll grab my **** and AIR CONDITION ALL THEM ***** *** FOOLS! BASTARDS. **** IS Y'ALL SURE THE GANG **** DIDN'T ORIGINATE IN SACRA(MUTHA-F)MENTAL?????????

WHY LAST SUMMER DUE TO GANG VIOLENCE BETWEEN SOME NORTENOS AND SURENOS, WE WAS CAUGHT UP IN A GUN AMBUSH WITH MY FAMILY IN THE CAR AND THE DUMB *** CARS AROUND US WANTED TO STOP AND "SEE THE ACTION", THUS BLOCKING US AND LEAVING US IN THE LINE OF FIRE. NOBODY WAS HARMED, BUT THE SCRAPE GOT HIT A FEW TIMES.

WHY LAST SUMMER MY DUDE GOT CARJACKED FOR HIS LINCOLN AND JUMPED BY SOME DUMBASS WANNA-BE THUGS/GANGSTAS, AND BARELY SURVIVED???

I COULD CARELESS ABOUT SOME OL BANGED OUT SMOKED OUT ****TY PANTS WEARING "GANGSTA". 3-4-5 DAY CLOTHES WEARING DIRTY GANGSTAS WHO TAKE A MONTH TO SELL A ZIP. **** ALL OF THEM **** IF YOU OUT TO GET YOURS, DO THAT. WHY THE **** THEY GOTTA SHOOT& KILL IN THE PROCESS?????????????? WHY THEY DON'T DO WHITE COLLAR CRIMES???? INSTEAD OF TRYIN' TO HIT A LICK FOR $1,000 AND SPLITTING IT 5 WAYS????????? DUH. I'LL TELL YOU WHAT...WHEN I USED TO GET MY HUSTLE ON, I FA SHO DIDN'T INVOLVE NO DUMB *** HOMIES AND CALL IT A GANG, AND I FA SHO DIDN'T DO NO DIRTY WORK. WHAT THE **** KINDA PERSON WHO BOUT THEY MONEY GOT TIME TO GET CAUGHT UP? ALL MY PROFIT WAS FOR ~SPICYB*TCH~

WELL, EXCUSE MY MALADJUSTMENTS, I HAD TO VENT THAT ****. **** ALLA DAT. **** ALL THEM SCANDALOUS MUTHAFUCKAS!!