Black People : In need of advise

Bro Nasheed

As one who was an advocate and went to the schools on behalf of children when I ran my afterschool program, start with the Principal. I found the Principal had no clue, sad but true in some of the cases I dealt with. If the Principal has no answer, then you go to a board meeting. You'll be surprised what folks will do for you when you show your interested and involved. If I can be of further help, let me know. I was just thinking, you might want to see if you can find other parents who are also interested but maybe they have issues that prevent them from showing up. Dont write them off because the teacher said they didnt show up.

Ma'at Hetep

Jus the other day my wife and I had to visit my sons school to talk to his teacher about a punishment she handed out to the whole class because of a few. After arriving there she informed us that she expected parents by the bus loads but, was sad that we were the only ones to show up.

While there I noticed something that truly appalled me. The teacher has 32 kids in her class, no help, and no room. The kids were literally on top of each other. They couldnt even pull their chairs out with out hitting one another. I questioned the teacher and she stated "Because of cut backs all teachers have more students to deal with".

After talking to other teachers they told me that this is happening mainly in the "All Black Districts" and advised me to call the Central office and complain becasue they will not listen to them.

I ask for advise because Im a no nonsense, straight forward, very direct, cut thru the b/s type of person. I need help from the Sister's and Brothers who or more, would you say "Even Keeled" and business minded on how to approach this matter. I might mess around and end up wit charges against me.

So if any have advise, Im all ears. Thanks so much in advance.

BTW: For any of the family who are educators, my hats off to you. You work to hard and are paid far to little. Much Love.

Ma'at Hetep

Hope this helps

Brother Nasheed

Hopefully the teacher explained and justified satisfactorily to you and your wife why all of the children were disciplined and not the guilty who caused the misdeed. If the culprit was not known. That kind of discipline is not acceptable. It is wrong and punishes and makes the innocents kids, who may not even have a clue of what happened, suffer too.

I praise the relationship of trust and confidence
Your children have in you and your wife.

Your children feel confident that if something is done to them they do not deserve, and they feel is wrong. They can confide in their parents and feel there will be a resolution.

Especially your child feels that the punishment of them for some others misdeeds were not fair. Keep encouraging this kind of relationship.

Keep your composure and seek the solution as Sister Linda has suggested.

It is a shame the teachers and administration have their hands tied.
The whole process has to be a continuous chain. Parent, Child, Teacher, Principle, Board Administration and the Department of Education.

My signature. When someone has their hands tied, something inside them dies, is lost, or is never resolved. That signature comes from experience.
The teachers feel they have no say so, for fear of firing or reprimand.
The principle may take the low road of just accepting the dilemma as well.

As a parent you can change something. You don't have your mouth taped or your hands bound.

My signature. When someone has their hands tied, something inside them dies, is lost or is never resolved. That signature comes from experience.
The teachers feel they have no say so, for fear of firing or reprimand.
The principle may take the low road of just accepting the dilemma as well.

As a parent you can change something. You don't have your mouth taped or your hands bound.

Trouble is a form of attention. You want attention. sqeak and start trouble.

========================
Dr. Cleopatra Figgures

http://slps.schoolwires.net/19621084161617990/lib/19621084161617990/Accountability/Accountability%20Flowchart.pdf

The Accountability Office provides the venue for reporting, analyzing and monitoring data on the performance of students and schools and district support functions. The office provides data to inform policy decisions and for federal and state compliance reports. Additionally, it coordinates services to support school improvement planning and equitable access to educational opportunities for all students

=========================
To access the St. Louis Public Schools website, please go to www.slps.org.

Contact your Primary Contact by:
Email – wei.huang@slps.org
Phone – 314.345.2427

When requesting support, keep these questions in mind.

1. What were you trying to do?
2. What do you expect to happen?
3. What happened instead?
4. What are the steps to re-create the issue?

=============

http://www.slps.org/19621051994153557/site/default.asp

The elected St. Louis Board of Education is composed of members elected at large by the voters of the City of St. Louis. School Board members serve without compensation. When vacancies occur between elections, the Mayor appoints a replacement to serve until the next Board election. The Board selects a president, vice president and secretary each June.

Currently, the St. Louis Public Schools District is under the governance of a three-member Special Administrative Board (SAB). One member is appointed by the Governor, one by the Mayor of St. Louis and one by the President of the St. Louis Board of Aldermen.

MAYBE THIS IS NOT PROPER. THINGS ARE GETTING CIRCUMVENTED ( skirted ) IMPROPERLY.. QUESTION THIS SET-UP... politicians in concert with no desire to do the right thing. Have their controlled cronies in place. The board can put in some trailers for over crowding. They can Redirect some funds to make classes smaller... and get more teachers aids involved.

The SAB has the legal responsibility for the education of children from ages 5 to 21 who live within the city boundaries. It is a policy-making body with the primary function of establishing and monitoring rules, plans and procedures for the school system. The Board appoints a superintendent to manage its budget, supervise the staff and students, and make recommendations for the operations of the schools and support services.

Elected Board members and Special Administrative Board members may be reached at 314-345-2230.

======

EAT AWAY AT THESE Covenant Principles ….ESPECIALLY # 1, 2,3 AND 5... use them in your arguments and points.. the school is lacking in all of them

http://www.slps.org/19621051994153557/blank/browse.asp?A=383&BMDRN=2000&BCOB=0&C=55289

We, the citizens of the St. Louis Community, agree to join with the Board of Education and the St. Louis Public Schools in dedicating our time, energy and resources to transform our public school system in order to prepare our children to live, work and prosper in a global, technologically advancing world.

ALL THE PARENTS ALL OVER THE CITIES RESPONISBILITY
You doing your part.. by your concerns. Do as much as you can to plug in. Set the tone and be firm and gather others with like concerns.

We hereby adopt this Education Covenant and its five guiding Principles: Academic Achievement; Safe and Orderly Environment; Community Collaboration; Equity; and Efficient and Effective Support Operations. This Education Covenant is an embodiment of our pledge to make quality education our top priority.

We, the citizens of the St. Louis Community, agree to join with the Board of Education and the St. Louis Public Schools in dedicating our time, energy and resources to transform our public school system in order to prepare our children to live, work and prosper in a global, technologically advancing world.
We hereby adopt this Education Covenant and its five guiding Principles: Academic Achievement; Safe and Orderly Environment; Community Collaboration; Equity; and Efficient and Effective Support Operations. This Education Covenant is an embodiment of our pledge to make quality education our top priority.

Core Beliefs
Education Covenant Sign Up

Covenant Principles
I. Academic Achievement
II. Safe and Orderly Environment
III. Community Collaboration
IV. Equity
V. Efficient and Effective Support Operations

=========

GO AFTER THESE ARTICLES. ESPECIALLY ARTICLE 7

http://www.slps.org/19621051994153557/blank/browse.asp?A=383&BMDRN=2000&BCOB=0&C=55280

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back