Black People : In need of advise

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

In my opinion, jamesfrmphilly says it best, "organize" a "PTA," and I say that because your family was the only family that showed up. There is strength in numbers...Peace In my brother friend.

Far too common nowadays

If you want smaller class sizes or better teacher:student ratio, there are options. Your options depend on how fast you want results.

1 - Private school. This is costly and may not be a wise economical choice for your family.
2 - Home schooling if you have the time for it. Keep in mind that there are home schooling groups as well, so they do have interaction with other children.
3 - Move to a better school district. Considering your job, $ situation, etc would determine if this would work.
4 - If none of the above are options, then you have to stick it out where you are until things can get changed. And change will not come tomorrow. Your child will be in this school system, possibly for years, before legislation is able to act. I agree that a PTA is needed for strength in numbers. The PTA can contact the school board, mayor, congressperson, etc to get the ball rolling. I know your path will be difficult. With budget cuts, many schools are cutting back on teachers, repairs, lunches. Some schools only open 4 days a week.

I wish you the best of luck. Keep us posted, as this is an issue that concerns us all.

While there I noticed something that truly appalled me. The teacher has 32 kids in her class, no help, and no room. The kids were literally on top of each other. They couldnt even pull their chairs out with out hitting one another. I questioned the teacher and she stated "Because of cut backs all teachers have more students to deal with".

Now this is a safety hazard.

If there were an emergency. This would create a real problem and more than likely add to injuries.

For a teacher to know, or the teacher accepting these working conditions, allowing their union to sit idle with such conditions existing, or the fact other parents are not concerned.

I don't know which is worse.

This is truly Horrific
Tear into the administration, and if the gloves fall off. Leave them off.

INFORMATION.. OK I won't pile a hundred pages and resourses at ya! RIGHT....

Chairs in a semi-circle or a circle are more conducive to interaction, and learning. A well known fact Psychologist trained by the U.S.A. Military government knows.

Clinical rehabs groups know, everybody knows. Small groups are overall beneficial. politicians say all the time. A Vote for me is a vote for your childrens future! ...RIGHT!:whip:

It's more than a full time job being a parent. Working your regular job, monitoring paid and elected officials to make sure they are doing their jobs. This is one justification for HEALTH CARE! All this will Wreck ya!

I am fortunate. My children and I have passed thru this gauntlet. It left me broke, without vacation time, because all my days were spent in parent teacher meetings.

You will find you have ( 5 ) many jobs maun!!!

There used to be Parent, Teacher, and Principal meetings. Request one and kill two birds.

============
Look at this Brother The American Federation of Teachers will be in St. Louis on August 27, 2009

HAVING LUNCH!

http://www.aft.org/

==============
AFT's Eight-City Back-to-School Tour Begins Aug. 27

AFT president Randi Weingarten kicks off an eight-city back-to-school tour Aug. 27, with plans to visit a variety of public schools, applaud the work educators are doing, and talk with elected officials and community leaders about ways to work together to improve teaching and learning.

http://www.aft.org/tour/tour/map.html

[===============
The Student Teacher Achievement Ratio Study

http://www.reduceclasssizenow.org/research.htm

The Student Teacher Achievement Ratio Study ... This paper examines the effect of reducing class-size on student achievement, with particular attention to differential effects by race.

A review of the literature suggests that low-income and black students tend to benefit more from attending a smaller class than white students.

==============
Benefits of Small Class Size

http://www.aft.org/topics/classsize/index.htm

Compelling evidence demonstrates that reducing class size, particularly for younger children, has a positive effect on student achievement overall and an especially significant impact on the education of disadvantaged children. The American Federation of Teachers is a strong advocate for reducing class size to help raise student achievement, especially in high-poverty, at-risk schools.

Consensus on the benefits of small classes has led parents, teachers, administrators, policymakers and politicians to adopt some form of class size reduction in all but six states. Simply cutting class size does not guarantee significant increases in performance for all students, however. The AFT supports class size reduction plans that:

1.Aim for classes between 15 and 19 students each. Schoolwide or districtwide averages mean that some students remain in classes far exceeding the optimal size.

America's system is best defined as "Organized Confusion" and has safe guards in place to prevent total collapse. Obama is evidence of that. However, my point is that, until you come up with something better than their paychecks you aren't going to get the help you need on that end. As for the parents?...Now you're really joking and I know you know what I'm speaking about.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back