Black Christians : GROUND RULES - For Christianity Group Study

kemetkind

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 8, 2005
Ground Rules

Our initial purpose is collective spiritual and educational enlightenment.

We will undoubtedly engage in spirited discussion, but we will maintain that discussion with the highest regard and respect for each other.

No belief system is beyond analysis here, and personal assaults of any form are not welcome.

Should our momentum lead us towards it, we may embark on a secondary purpose of an anthology which syncretizes the work to take place here.

With the above purpose in mind, we will make a practice of completing whatever prayer/meditation/libation required to ensure our minds and spirit are aligned prior to posting.

From the collection of tremendous minds here, tremendous deeds can be accomplished.

kemetkind said:
Ground Rules

Our initial purpose is collective spiritual and educational enlightenment.

We will undoubtedly engage in spirited discussion, but we will maintain that discussion with the highest regard and respect for each other.

No belief system is beyond analysis here, and personal assaults of any form are not welcome.

Should our momentum lead us towards it, we may embark on a secondary purpose of an anthology which syncretizes the work to take place here.

With the above purpose in mind, we will make a practice of completing whatever prayer/meditation/libation required to ensure our minds and spirit are aligned prior to posting.

From the collection of tremendous minds here, tremendous deeds can be accomplished.

Brother Kemetkind ... i agree with all that you've said above.

I'd like to add that our home, this community, has high standards in general, when it comes to our interacting in peaceful and respectful manners. In this particular forum, even more will be required of every participant. Consider it a classroom. Be respectful of each other. If you don't do this, you will not be allowed to particpate in this forum, and possibly in this community.

Perhaps all Members that take part in this forum, should sign (post to this thread) indicating that they have read and agree to the Ground Rules? Word is Bond. Just a suggestion.

:heart:

Destee

When I asked "what was to be considered as an assault' I was quite serious. Why?...because there are many who take their religion or religious beliefs as a very PERSONAL THING and at some point and at what point is a revelation or an alternative thought process regarding their belief considered as a "Personal assault?"

Obviously everyone has a different thresh-hold level in terms of when and if they are personally being assaulted...so I was just curious regarding this question so as to have some clarification on it.

Keita said:
"what was to be considered as an assault'

BlackTasTic question! :bowdown:

Of course, as a "Communications Coach", I have some thoughts related to this, yet, I'm inclined to wait and hear from Brother KemetKind as he started this and I trust he has some ideals about what it means to him and his desired outcomes.

I'm glad Mama Destee brought these threads back up and I KNOW they can become some pretty heated discussions which are likely to end in "debate".

[QUOTEKemetKind]Our initial purpose is collective spiritual and educational enlightenment[/QUOTE]

"enlightenment" becomes another key word for me here (and this goes for the other threee posts along these same lines).

Awwwww...I'll go ahead and say...for M.E. "attacks" will usually stem from the WORDS we chose as We share the "revelations" we have received individually speaking. I think practicing or holding in the forefront of our minds the prinicples here
Utilizing these "laws" as the discussions go forward may HELP RE~duce "attacks" and support "enlightenment".

In addition, I would suggest using "I" statements vs. "You" when sharing.
i.e "I have come to know_________________, vs. "You need to________________". "You" points the finger which is experienced as a direct confrontation. One can say "you" as in "In sounds like you are saying______, vs TELLING someone...."You" think_____".

In the end, it's just about "context" and the words which follow the "you" statements which moves it from sharing information towards enlightenment as opposed to getting the person to "think like I think".
Does this make any sense:?:

:hearts2:

truetothecause said:
BlackTasTic question! :bowdown:

Of course, as a "Communications Coach", I have some thoughts related to this, yet, I'm inclined to wait and hear from Brother KemetKind as he started this and I trust he has some ideals about what it means to him and his desired outcomes.

I'm glad Mama Destee brought these threads back up and I KNOW they can become some pretty heated discussions which are likely to end in "debate".

"enlightenment" becomes another key word for me here (and this goes for the other threee posts along these same lines).

Awwwww...I'll go ahead and say...for M.E. "attacks" will usually stem from the WORDS we chose as We share the "revelations" we have received individually speaking. I think practicing or holding in the forefront of our minds the prinicples here
Utilizing these "laws" as the discussions go forward may HELP RE~duce "attacks" and support "enlightenment".

In addition, I would suggest using "I" statements vs. "You" when sharing.
i.e "I have come to know_________________, vs. "You need to________________". "You" points the finger which is experienced as a direct confrontation. One can say "you" as in "In sounds like you are saying______, vs TELLING someone...."You" think_____".

In the end, it's just about "context" and the words which follow the "you" statements which moves it from sharing information towards enlightenment as opposed to getting the person to "think like I think".
Does this make any sense:?:

:hearts2:

All perfectly legit suggestions sister True. By no means am I "leading" these discussions...I am a student in these matters, and a novice one at that.

My goal was that we deal with each other in a spirit of building in hopes that we fully realize whatever potential our collective energy and scholarship can bring us.

Looking forward to it:qqb011:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back