Black Christians : My views on Christianity

Discussion in 'Christian Study Group' started by blazejay, Jan 4, 2015.

1. blazejay

blazejay Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +165
    Hi everyone,

The title is misleading so, don't get lost on this journey.
    I believe in Christ,God, etc...even though I went through a phase of confusion and doubts.
    I even was a little agnostic, probably still is but I need direction and help.
    I have a lot of questions about Christianity and still see the flaws that cause me to question it.
    I see things where as I can and should have been proactive instead of reactive, but I was turn away even discourage to act.

Now, it like a urgency to take my mind off my selfish complaining about what's going on around me.
    I am still open minded to other religions and practices.

2. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    I think you have the right outlook and approach. Everybody has the right to believe, or disbelieve as they wish. The problem for me and others like me is when we are told that we have to believe as you do. Or have it encroach on the learning system of our kids, and various other reason that steps on the rights of others. IMO, we all will find out in the end, what is what.

Peace!

3. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,324
    For sure, for sure.

4. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Am I off you ignore list now?...:uhh:

I know you can't put me on it, but I said that I would respect your request and act as if you could.:nails:

It has been hard not talking to you...on my end of course...I'm juss sayin...an occasional hi would have been nice.:pc:

Again...I'm juss saying...:news:

Much luv and respect.

Peace!

5. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,324
    Smh. I done forgot all about that. :lol: Been too busy to hold any grudges. Haha.

However upset I might have been, we always cool, Bro. Enki. I apologize for making it seem any other way.

6. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Me and my beautiful black sista is still kool[​IMG] .....I'm not gonna cry...I'm not going to cry...

Oh lawd....I'm losing it....oh forget it....[​IMG],,,,Iiiiimmmm sooooo swooooorrrrieee

Now look...a brutha wasn't crying...I had sumtin in my eye...[​IMG]

:lol:

Much luv and respect....

Peace!

7. willa

willa Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +301
    What is your doubt and confusion about Christianity ?

8. blazejay

United States
    Ratings:
    +165
    What confuses me is that how can anything that is written in the bible make any sense in this age and time?
    All my doubts though are how can one be loving in one verse and violent the next?
    I wish I could quote scriptures to prove my points off the top of my head,but I can't.
    The core of all my confusion and doubts stem from the reality of the conditions we live in; how can one call themselves a christian, but hate so much?
    I try to understand things,but nothing stands out it likes I want more from religion than a cult like following or fear mongering you sin you go to hell, you do something that make life bearable or beneficial you going to hell while at the same time the very one saying it is benefitting even doing worser things has no problems it smooth sailing.:thinking:

9. willa

willa Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +301
    To answer your questions blazejay: It helps to understand what the purpose is with Heavenly Father's decisions dealing with each of us individually which also encompasses our choices. That is the point. We are proven by the choices we make, good or evil in tendency. And if in striving to follow the Lord we pass this "valley of the shadow of death" (Mortality) having worked out our life in loyalty to God we are considered, Trusted. We are trusted to preside as Kings and Queens with a robe and crown in principalities that God gives us. Would you want to trust a king who had a couple of faults and failings? Or would you want the king that is totally proven good -- for your sake?!

You might say we are in a college of God to learn through experience and study. Of corse study the scriptures. That is paramount, but study world events, even of nations. Refine your knowledge generally across the board. In the mix of that, learn love and pray for it. It is the greatest of gifts. And when you are learning pray for the Holy Spirit and learn wisdom. It is hard to deceive someone who knows their scriptures. With all that knowledge and even people watching to see whats what, compare it to the scriptures for understanding of why things turn out like they do. You can avoid the consequences which eventually catch up with what the Lord considers wicked doing among people.

Why does all this matter so much to Heavenly Father? Because you are a child he has sent here to succeed. He is not interested in having you in one of the lesser of his many mansions. He wants to exalt you to a throne, if you will. I think he made up the phrase, "If first you don't succeed , try , try again."

As far as seeing who the Lord considers doing "worse" wicked things, while the "sun shines on the wicked" as well as the faithful it is not a long term benefit to the wicked. Watch and see what happens. At first it seems they are winning, but somewhere along the line it all goes bad for them.

The Lord cannot open the windows of heaven and pour out blessings upon the one who is not loyal to him. The one who is not loyal cannot expect miracles -- unless a mother has been praying for her baby. :10900:

In reading our scriptures you will find that those who are destroyed is because they have gone against God in some way. The Apostles who were martyred sealed their testimony of God with their blood . No greater testimony than that. And some have come to the end of their life and are returned to God. It is awful to see children martyred in the Middle East by the sword because they would not turn against Christ. Yet this life is temporary and they have won their exaltation. It is hard to consider it, but it is also why we are here and it does comfort, knowing they have done all they can do, and how many of us would be able to follow their example as little children.

The hardest part is seeing good people murdered, but then evil can only be judged by the horror they lift their hand against humanity.

Consider Job: Satan was continually accusing Job to God saying, if you weren't favoring and protecting him he would deny you. Satan even said if you took away his riches he'd turn against you. When Job remained faithful, Satan said, If you take away Job's loved ones he would hate you. Job remained faithful. So Satan said if you afflict Job himself, he will turn against you. Then Job's skin was afflicted with painful boils until he wished he had never been born, but he stayed loyal to God. The reason for this test of Job was because Satan was accusing him, and Satan accuses us all. God proves us all because God is a God of witnesses, so evil cannot say "you favor therefore you are unjust. If Satan is right about a person then that person is claimed to belong in his own kingdom. That is how Satan builds his kingdom, by claiming those who are the worst of the worst, or at least having some satisfaction knowing that one of Heavenly Father's children took a lesser mansion, not obtaining the robe and crown.

There is so much to know. Hope this helped. Willa

10. blazejay

United States
    Ratings:
    +165
    Thank You all and willa you help me out.
    :mail::hello::goodpost:

• Respectful Respectful x 1
    • List