Black Spirituality Religion : God is never unkind- He is kind or neutral only.

Are you forgetting the religious topic you started some time ago about the perfection of bible prophecy?:11200:

I only bring this up because this comment of yours seems to be at odds with your position in that thread. :thinking:

But it's wrong to call a believer "nuts", because eveybody's belief is some one's else's non-sense.

Peace!
I suppose that you've got me confused with another poster! Anyhow a man/woman with intellect will be able to access things rationally, since one cannot logically believe something. And that is why anyone that believes in a religion is either a product of brain washing, peer pressure, suffers from a mental disorder or just plain ignorant. Now don't think for a moment that since there are so many people in the world that believes in some sort of rubbish that it's probably okay, no it's not their stupid beliefs are usually passed to their offspring. Rarely do i ever hear anyone discussing philosophy. The Greek learned their philos from Kmet

I suppose that you've got me confused with another poster!

I looked back at my posting and found that you are correct. I apologize for the mix up.

Anyhow a man/woman with intellect will be able to access things rationally, since one cannot logically believe something. And that is why anyone that believes in a religion is either a product of brain washing, peer pressure, suffers from a mental disorder or just plain ignorant. Now don't think for a moment that since there are so many people in the world that believes in some sort of rubbish that it's probably okay, no it's not their stupid beliefs are usually passed to their offspring. Rarely do i ever hear anyone discussing philosophy. The Greek learned their philos from Kmet

I agree...

IMO, religion and believing in god is not the same thing. Remember, there were gods well before religion. Organized religion seeks to control people because without people the church will disappear. You can look at it as self preservation. The New Testament doesn't contain an organized religion like you see today in the Catholic, and other churches You can believe in God and not be manipulated by organized religion.

Peace!

I looked back at my posting and found that you are correct. I apologize for the mix up.

I agree...

IMO, religion and believing in god is not the same thing. Remember, there were gods well before religion. Organized religion seeks to control people because without people the church will disappear. You can look at it as self preservation. The New Testament doesn't contain an organized religion like you see today in the Catholic, and other churches You can believe in God and not be manipulated by organized religion.

Peace!
Primitive man did not understand the nature of things so they made up gods to explain them, in other words man created god(s), not god(s) created man. No one out of the blue believes in god(s) without influence of religion or native custom, the fact that one does not want to adhere to a specific religion makes no difference, it's even more delusional to believe in a god(s) without the backing of a religion since the excuse for believing would be the religion itself.

Primitive man did not understand the nature of things so they made up gods to explain them, in other words man created god(s), not god(s) created man. No one out of the blue believes in god(s) without influence of religion or native custom, the fact that one does not want to adhere to a specific religion makes no difference, it's even more delusional to believe in a god(s) without the backing of a religion since the excuse for believing would be the religion itself.

I feel that when a person subscribe to a religion, they substitute thinking for focused, independent thought. Instead of learning to discern truth on their own, they're told what to believe. IMO, this doesn’t accelerate your spiritual growth; on the contrary it puts the brakes on your continued conscious development. You can look at religion as being the off switch of the human mind. So I say leave the fairy tales alone, and learn to think for yourself. Man's intellect is a better instrument of spiritual growth than any religious teachings.

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back