Black Relationships : Do you have any responsibility to honor someone else's relationship?

If you know someone is already in a relationship and don't personally know their significant other ... do you have any obligation to respect that relationship and not "carry on" with them? Or do you think it's completely on them and you're free to do whatever they allow?

Especially considering ... you've made no vows to anyone?
Not obligated unless they are Married!

Sista you are so on point!
I hear a lot about committed relationships. What's that, Marriage? Oh yeah, if for every 5 live female births, there is only 1 live male birth, how do we decide which woman gets to marry the 1 man when they reach adulthood? And what happens to the other four women?

wh

If you know someone is already in a relationship and don't personally know their significant other ... do you have any obligation to respect that relationship and not "carry on" with them? Or do you think it's completely on them and you're free to do whatever they allow?

Allow....the operative word here. I think if they allow it then game on, since so many disregard matrimony. The person involved should state if it's monogamous or not. That's when you respect their wishes

Kem

although I 'd like to say it all boils down to respect...thats an emotion that so many people today do not place any importance upon..

I never said not respecting anyone else's relationship was the right thing to do, but in answer to the question, I have to say that it is the responsibility of the committed person to ultimately respect their spouse enough not to cheat and to honour their relationship...we are by nature, predators, it's a basic instinct..so some of us prey on others, and some of us do not stop to think if it is right or wrong...

then again, if you are in a relationship, and another woman/man, not your spouse, decided they wanted you, all you have to do is say NO....then there is no problem, no cheating..in other words you have repected your relationship to the point where you could walk away and not let yourself be tempted...

I never said, "do unto others before they do unto you"..the question was whether you have a responsibility to respect anothers relationship, not whether you think it is morally right or wrong to have sexual relations with a person who has a spouse already...

and Kem, while my statements may sound selfish, they are certainly not narsissistic, I was not only thinking of myself, I was merely placing the responsibility where it should be placed, in the hands of the one who is committed...if we each look after our own..no problem!!!

K
Now I am really confused! :( Isn't the decision to respect or not respect a relationship a moral decision?

Yes you should respect another person's relationship...

I wouldn't want anyone doing that to my relationship, even if I didn't know the person.

I'm not into breaking up or aiding along other people's relationships break up (even if it is on the rocks)...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back