Black Relationships : Brothers, honor thy mother.. does that apply to dating?

I think this largely depends on ones mother. Many mothers compete with their son's girlfriends & wives for attention and affection. I find this is most common when there is no husband or father in the home. I've always trusted my mother to have my best interest in heart. I have watched her behavior towards my brother's wives, and found her to be a loving & fair mother in law. Indeed she has always had a policy of not interfering into other peoples relationships. If I brought home a woman that my mother couldn't stand, I would take her opinion seriously. I know that this is not typical behavior for her, and would trust there is legitimate reasons for her objection. This is not to say I would drop a woman on my mother's say so, but I wouldn't discount her opinion at all.

P.S. This is all hypothetical, because my mother adores my wife.

Ralfa'il, you are sooooooOOooOOOooohh.. crazy.. lol.. im diggin the sermon.. beaver cleaver? lmao.. dang.. im still rolling.. i feel you though.. and Pan, thank you for takin serious thought and reflectin on the issue.. im about to meet my mother in law 2b, and im beyond nervous.. yes ive talked to her on the phone.. but .. mann... this is a heavily rooted family, with momma being the bond that holds it all together.. and shes a frikin.. Governer for petes sake.. can we say tension.. this woman has accomplished business wise, and family wise everything i want to do in life... :insane: so.. preciate the discussion.. carry on folks!

My mother saying has always been son if u like'em ( I love'em )
but if i tell you something is wrong ( trust in moma for i love u child)
know u are the teaching of wise choices u make in life and know it's
your bed you have to lay in it .

I always treasure my mom word but i know she has never enter her
children relationship but a fair wise mom who don't uphold wrong in
no one if i was wrong she will bust me out likewise a woman who stand
beside me ....

i always had the choice to make my own bed when it came to women and
friendship / partnership / relationship / marriage / so forth but never undermind
the worth of thy mother and what she may see that u can't surely she not out to
hurt u but see that u be love'd completely ....

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back