Black Relationships : Do Looks Really Matter

Looks

Looks will catch your eye but conversation will still your heart. It's nice to have someone attractive to look at but if that person doesn't do anything for you mentally ..I mean if there is no other connections being made beyond the sight then the relationship will fade.. I guess you could compare it to opening a beautifully wrapped gift box only to find let's just say something you didn't want or something you already had. Your excitement fades quickly .... When I see the opposite sex now I may notice a guy who is attractive but more often I notice the presence of a man. Im talking about a smile, the way he walks, a witty comment, the story in his eyes.... Everyone has different taste as far as looks go but it took me a while to learn that looks only get you so far and a nice fat truck or car might take you around the block a few more times but when your sitting across the table from this perfect picture what do you hear ? what do you feel ? Thats what's important..

Smoke and mirrors

Looks matter, but not as much as other things. I think if these other things create a strong enough connection between two people, then looks becomes an afterthought. I have gone out with guys that I did not find attractive at all, but still went out with them because I didn't know how to say no. These have turned out to be some of the best dates I have had, because I was not blinded and distracted by their appearance and my attraction to it, I actually got to know them on a deeper level, and the more I learned and appreciated about them, the more attractive they became to me. All of a sudden the way they smiled was cute, or the way they looked at me would turn me on.

I truly believe the saying that attractive people become less attractiv the longer you know them and unattractive people become more attractive the longer you know them.

It doesn't make sense to me: That which attracts physically shouldn't count. At the risk of being called "shallow" or "superficial", I believe tangible qualities are just as important as intangible qualities. People are a continuum of good and bad qualties, both inner and surface. Therefore, no one is all of one thing. You'll never find a fine *** woman with no inner qualities and vice versa. So, please don't respond with "Scorp, you would choose a fine *** woman who treated you wrong over an average/ugly woman who treated you good?" I'd choose neither. There are plenty of fine *** women with character and intelligence who will treat a brotha correct. It's just a matter of timing and opportunity.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back