Black Relationships : Do Looks Really Matter

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by DestinyLove222, Jul 26, 2005.

1. DestinyLove222

DestinyLove222 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    I have been wondering this though all day. In a relationship do looks really matter. Shouldn't what is inside a person like their personality is what really should count? Cause my boyfriend he ain't sexy, but he ain't ugly either. He cute. So if I have a good man should I keep him? Please give me some feedback.

2. Nubian One

Nubian One Well-Known Member MEMBER

Fulltime Student & Sexual Health Educator
    Ratings:
    +11
    Are you seriously asking US if you should keep him??... hmm smh

ANYWAY...

Of course its what inside that counts.. and for me its what inside the makes a person either look even better and in some cases worse

I think looks are important to a degree. Its that initial attraction to a person that prompts ppl to approach one another. Whether it's the eyes, the smile, the body or just the way they carry themselves.. i do believe looks play a role.

But it goes beyond that. As Kanye once stated "the prettiest people to the ugliest things".. Take that ever so gorgeous male or that strikingly beautiful female.. You approach them initially because its something about them the attracts you to them. In this case its their appearance. Yall go out, and you get to know this person and begin to realize that they aren't such a beauty or they aren't so gorgeous any more.. Not that their appearance has changed but what’s inside changes what you now see on the outside..

The same is true with that person who isn't so strikingly gorgeous.. but it can be a quality or qualities in that person that can make them the best looking thing ever..

3. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    As long as he's cute to you, he's fine. We need to realize, there is always someone that thinks we're ugly. On the flip side, there is always someone out there that thinks we're beautiful. I always said, whomever you're with, you need to be attracted to him/ her physically.

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    looks can be as evil, it's what you feel and where the heart is for that person
    what you might see as cute the next may see as ugly but if a person have a
    good heart , personality , great appearance with understanding they become
    attractive , I always say read the book before judging it's cover to know the full
    contents .

5. Sun Ship

Sun Ship Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +39
    It’s good that you are open for advice…but I say this respectfully…you’re being pretty shallow…as the saying goes, “ beauty’s only skin deep, but ugliness can go all the way down to the bone”…and you know I’m talking about personality when I refer to ugliness.

6. oceolo

oceolo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    How can someone be cute but not sexy?

7. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    Is your little 8 year old sister "sexy" to you?

8. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    Yes.. yes.. and yess.. if u disagree ur lying!

Looks even matterd to blind men liek Ray Charles :shades: .. he couldnt see em.. but he had to feel their wrist.. for a sense of attractveness...

I aiht guna lie... my hunnie.. pie.. gotta be attractive... our brain only recievves 40% of messages sent in the form of verbal.. so the other 60 % is very inportant
    If my brain guna try to decypher the other non verbal messages.. then I better had be attracted to this man.. and he needs to have something I want to look at! shoot.. he may not be attractive to anyones else.. but he at least has to catch my eye!

9. plainrhythm

plainrhythm Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    I KEEP SAYING THIS!!! and people tell me that i'm too shallow... it's not that, its just that anyone who believes in love at first SIGHT cannot believe that looks aren't important 'cause guess what? it's their looks your seeing... it's not like their personality is written all over them with a magic marker!!!

:darts:

10. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    your not.. we have accepted this as a truth.. denial is not upon us!