Black People : Countdown to the Extinction of the Black Male

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

What I get is his activism towards a CHANGE in our HABITS....eating for HEALTH/LIFE as ONE "panacea". Other Scholars or Intellectuals teach about what is not working and if people are really LISTENING TO LEARN...then they may halt those behaviors they are engaging in which are found to be not working....as a start. Others share what WILL work or has worked in the past. People may chose to revisit those things that work. REVOLT, REVOLUTION, CHANGE ....is what I get....
and it IS 'WORK' to change or break UNHEALTHY habits that have been in place for a good while. hard work yes...impossible ...no...TOGETHER WE CAN.....

M.E.
:hearts2:

Sistar truetothecause,

For sure, you get no argument from me about these comments you've made my sistar friend. The Dr.'s work and gestures are noble beyond reproach; and, little by little, he and others will have serious impact.

In the meantime, the passion and emtionalism delivered in the lectures and such, prompt me to call for a panacea. The point becomes this, how long will it take for the good Dr. and others to make a dent or achieve serious impact, reaching millions, upon millions of our people, at this rate?

black man extinct?

By 2050, the minority population — everyone except for non-Hispanic, single-race whites — is projected to be 235.7 million out of a total U.S. population of 439 million. The nation is projected to reach the 400 million population milestone in 2039.

The non-Hispanic, single-race white population is projected to be only slightly larger in 2050 (203.3 million) than in 2008 (199.8 million). In fact, this group is projected to lose population in the 2030s and 2040s and comprise 46 percent of the total population in 2050, down from 66 percent in 2008.

Meanwhile, the Hispanic population is projected to nearly triple, from 46.7 million to 132.8 million during the 2008-2050 period. Its share of the nation’s total population is projected to double, from 15 percent to 30 percent. Thus, nearly one in three U.S. residents would be Hispanic.

The black population is projected to increase from 41.1 million, or 14 percent of the population in 2008, to 65.7 million, or 15 percent in 2050.

The Asian population is projected to climb from 15.5 million to 40.6 million. Its share of the nation’s population is expected to rise from 5.1 percent to 9.2 percent.

http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/www/releases/archives/population/012496.html

By 2050, the minority population — everyone except for non-Hispanic, single-race whites — is projected to be 235.7 million out of a total U.S. population of 439 million. The nation is projected to reach the 400 million population milestone in 2039.

The non-Hispanic, single-race white population is projected to be only slightly larger in 2050 (203.3 million) than in 2008 (199.8 million). In fact, this group is projected to lose population in the 2030s and 2040s and comprise 46 percent of the total population in 2050, down from 66 percent in 2008.

Meanwhile, the Hispanic population is projected to nearly triple, from 46.7 million to 132.8 million during the 2008-2050 period. Its share of the nation’s total population is projected to double, from 15 percent to 30 percent. Thus, nearly one in three U.S. residents would be Hispanic.

The black population is projected to increase from 41.1 million, or 14 percent of the population in 2008, to 65.7 million, or 15 percent in 2050

The Asian population is projected to climb from 15.5 million to 40.6 million. Its share of the nation’s population is expected to rise from 5.1 percent to 9.2 percent.

http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/www/releases/archives/population/012496.html

The only issue I hav with this number is that I hav always read we are 12% of the population and what % of the 41 million will be mixed. Often American society looks at Hispanic blacks or other bi racials as black but these folk often culturally define themselves as belonging to other groups. Many if not a slight majority of Brazilians are afro-purtugese but only define themselves as latino

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back