Black Relationships : Black Male/Female Inequality

In my studies of pre-Colonial African societies I find that the majority of societies were basically matrilinial. Patrilinial societies seem to have developed as outside influeces, such as Islam, changed the internal dynamic of pre-colonial Africa. As Europeans invaded and established forts and missionaries, many African families were destroyed and an imbalance occured as women and men were brutalized and subjected to not only the slave trade but a forced Christian patriarchy as missionaries developed settlements in Africa.

So this is what I am contemplating. To what degree does a "natural order" occur in present "Black America" where most households in the Black community are headed by women? Is this the "natural order of things" since our ancestral roots are basically matrilinial?

Sometimes it just seems to me that a lot of debate concerning the lack of available black men which often devoloves into negative stereotyping lacks perspective of how our ancestors lived and organized their societies before African colonization.

More to the point, it seems as if many of us ourselves have developed a mindset which seeks to affirm and reinfore the very same system of patriarchy which was responsible for the destruction of our very own civilizations.

Peace!

We will agree to disagree that most African civilizations were matriarchal

:em0200:

We will agree to disagree that most African civilizations were matriarchal

:em0200:

No problem but I need to ask if you can share information concerning what societies were basically patrilineal in pre-colonial Africa that were not influenced by Christianity of Islam? I specially used C.A. Diop as a reference and cannot find another African historian who has done more extensive work in this area.

Quotes by Mama Zogbe

“Mami Wata as an ancient African deity of Isis, and the divine manifestation of the feminine principal, is the master of all magical, divinatory, prophetic, philosophical and religious systems in ancient Africa. There is no indigenous spiritual system that currently exist in Africa that is separate from Mami Wata.”

“Unlike her European counterpart, Black women were not originally born under the yoke of patriarchy. During ancient times, all of Africa was matriarchal; achieving high levels of civilization. The religious systems imposed on black women (and men) today, are merely a corrupted version stemming from the overthrow of the spiritual and political kingdoms that their ancient mothers built and established throughout the entire ancient world. As the birthright of the African people,its logos (divine truths) were subsequently disseminated as their gift to the entire world.”

Conversely, under African patriarchy, her temples were usurped, her priestesses were chased from the land or subjugated, and her original logos (spiritual truths) were hopelessly corrupted. In ancient Egypt, her images were destroyed and replaced with colossal monuments erected to the great pharaohs celebrating the rise of patriarchy and its aggressive military expansions. In her place, diminutive statues were erected depicting the queen mothers (Mama-Isis/Sibyls) as minor figures. A deliberate act of sacrilege to symbolized her final subjugation; and meant as an insult celebrating her global spiritual decline."

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back