Black Relationships : Black vs. White Women Poll Results (A Black male poll)

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by hotcocoa, Dec 18, 2005.

1. hotcocoa

hotcocoa Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    So I'm surfing through misterpoll today, when I come across a poll for black males meant to sort out the myth of whether black men find black women less attractive than white women. I found it as more of "Whose genetics are more attractive" thing, more. The results were pretty disgusting and hurtful, but most of all hypocritical and idiotic.

Before I get into discussing the actual results, let me say that I don't buy for one second that everyone who voted on that was a black male; in the first question 14% of the 5443 voters said they weren't black, yet almost 300 of those non-black males continued the poll. However, I'm also not about to buy that the majority of the voters weren't black men. In fact, I think very little of the voters were non-black. So I'm going to examine the votes as if the numbers were compltely accurate (that all the voters were black males).

You can see the results here:

http://www.misterpoll.com/results.mpl?id=3072509316

I don't understand some of these answers. Some I understand but I just don't believe (like that 50% of these black men said that if they were a women they'd like to be white, that 30% think that African features look good on men but not on women and 26% realize that its hypocritical and can't explain it, and 53% think that our attitudes is our most unattractive feature).

I don't understand you guys. I think that 90% (or more) of the black men I come across claim to be pro-black, and yet they're still hard on black women. I'm starting to think that for a lot of you pro-black means "pro-black MEN." Honestly, the only black men who I see not complaining about black women are black men who think of AFRICA and how it is over there. Men who haven't been BRAINWASHED by white views in the media. Just look at conversations like this:

http://boards.theforce.net/your_jedi_council_community/b10008/10705718/p1

http://www.loveforum.net/showthread.php?t=5305&page=1&pp=15

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/showthread.php?t=69317&pp=15

Very rarely does someone mention black women as the most attractive. So many claim to like "exotic" women (which we ARE) and yet either don't mention us at all or flat out say we're unattractive. These opinions seem to be everywhere (even on a STAR WARS forum), and I'm starting to think that our men who are supposed to back us up are either in hiding or agreeing with the rest of them! I'm not against interracial relationships, but it IS curious that so many of you decide to date non-black women. I don't even think it's color or better "hair" that you guys are looking for, because I know plenty of black guys who go out with Hispanic girls that look like they came straight out of Africa. It can't be that THOSE girls are more exotic than us, because FYI; they look just like US!

If we're ever gonna move forward in this country, I think it's about time that we start seriously uniting. And by that I don't mean dating only other black people, I mean sticking together. If black men hear other people dissing black women, shut them up. Don't agree. Don't go to polls and give out these kinds of results. I think we need to drastically change our media too. There are plenty of black directors and script writers these days; I'd just like to know why they can't portray us better.

How are we supposed to move forward if you black men are causing so much hostility?

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    all I can say is there is no match sistas are far much beautiful
    shaped better and stronger in stance no other woman can compare
    to a black woman ...While i didn't really read those links to say what
    others think or how they voted but i'm just laying down true facts .

I wouldn't just lay blame of all bruthas black men so what's your point!!

3. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    This is what I call psychological warefare. I was just watching the last King Kong movie with Faye Dunaway in it, and there was a scene where they had just arrived on the island and were watching the original inhabitants. Once they were discovered there was a scene where the leader tried to 'TRADE 6 BLACK WOMEN FOR FAYE"...which of course the white people didn't go for.

That too was psychological warefare. The message was simple: "Six black women are not worth one white woman". Now we can play all the head games we want to about it just being part of the script, maybe it was...I'm simply speaking on the subconscious message that it displayed.

The same was done with that poll, whether real or unreal because no one here ACTUALLY KNOWS IF IT WAS REAL OR NOT. THE POINT OF IT IS THE SUBCONSCIOUS WARFARE IT IMPOSES OR TRIES TO DELIVER.

4. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    Big Ups Brother Keita. My Sentiments Exactly.

5. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Thanks Sister for sharing this. Where I live this is not surprising. There will always be men out there who will be attracted to an extremely dark, round, prominent featured, kinky haired, Sister...*plugging ears for dynamite thrown*...even if he's non-Black. If the poll was created on BW preference, I wonder what the results would be.:?:

6. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Hotcocoa

I understand where you are coming from. You want Black men to represent Black women everywhere they are. But, you ignored a lot in that poll. The overwhelming majority of people who participated in that poll as you stated were NOT Black men. So, the overall end results portray what THEY think...NOT what Black men think.

Then, you went to several different sites which ask the same question or somewhat of the same question and you didn't find many...if any...Black men representing for Black women. It seems that most of those sites are White owned. And trust me, most of the Brothas on those sites are brainwashed by the racist/white supremist system to hate their own...including Black women. So no, they will NOT support Black women in their posted comments because they're trying to fit in.

A poll completed by an overwhelming majority of non-Black men and web sites where Brothas are trying to fit is not a very good measure of how much Black men love, adore and value Black women. You will NEVER find that there.

So, I totally agree with Keita on this. This is nothing but psychological warfare on the minds of Black women. Stay strong, Black woman. We Black men love you with all of our heart, mind, body and soul.

:kiss:

:heart:

7. bigtown

bigtown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    I can't imagine being with anything other than a black woman, period.
    Attitude and all.

8. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Since the media appears to have more acceptance of dark-skinned Brothers in principal acting roles it shouldn't be surprising that the men responding would view these features as attractive with Black men.

I believe that a closer look will indicate that the one obvious response was concerning ATTITUDE, and with talking with most Black men that I know, this is the one thing they complain about, and the one thing they (we) have a problem dealing with. Notice the one item which had a 50/50 response.

If Black men actually do believe that white women are more attractive in such large numbers, again, this should not be surprising considering the degree that we are conditioned by mass media and the extent to which Black men are dating outside of the "race"...

9. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    WHAT!!!????? YOU DON'T LIKE MY ATTITUDE? wHAT'S WRRONG WITH MY ATTITUDE?

When I was in college most of the brothas were labeled "oreos" because they only dated white girls. But after graduation they came back with wives as Black as the ace of spades. They may get curious for a time but most Black men love their own. Especially after age 25 when white women's skin starts wrinkling.

No matter what some anonymous poll says I have to believe what the brothas themselves do and say. If they say they love us believe them. And we love them too. I looooooooooooove me a Black king. They are the most precious jewels God's got.

Remember what brotha Isaiah said about COINTELPRO? disrupt, Destabilize. Destroy. This ploy to put Black men and women at odds with each other is nothing less.

10. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62

AYE CARAMBA! LOL!

Sister, beloved, don't go around trying to find stuff to make yourself unhappy(smile!) BELIEVE me, brothers find sisters EXTRAORDINARILY ATTRACTIVE!!!! Stuff like that stupid poll is the thought and design of a misguided and dumb mind, and here you are going for the okee Dope(smile!) That's not a misspelling, sister... I mean the OKEE DOPE! Don't let 'em ROPE ya in like that...(smile!)

I spend most of my waking hours asking myself if the last hunk a fine sister I saw was rilly real and not just my imagination(smile!) Sisters are almost cartoonishly unreal in their beauty, their sizes, their shapes, and colors... And I don't mean that as an insult, I mean it to say that of all the human beings I've ever seen on the planet, NONE come close to AFRICA women when it comes to being ATTRACTIVE... NO HUMAN BEINGS on the planet are built like AFRICAN WOMEN, so their very uniqueness makes them the most ATTRACTIVE HUMAN BEINGS, no contest... NONE!

Being physically ATTRACTIVE is a subjective thing anyway... If some brothers like the way a White Chick is built, then they aint gonna love AFRICAN WOMAN, because sisters are built a little differently... But I can only speak for what my own life experience is, and brothers love some sisters, man! Being physically attractive AINT BLACK WOMAN'S problem with Black men... It might be attitudes, and aggressive personalities, and such, but not how good she looks... That's off the table.. no dice on that...

Too Bad sisters kinda always have to have their good looks reinforced... VANITY is like so unbecoming... Either ya know you all that with all you got, or you don't... My telling you might make you feel wonderful, but this whining in the result when I don't... That's no way to live your life...

Peace!
    Isaiah

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pro black men white women destee destee.com

2. black girls white men destee.com