Black Women : A Lady's Call To Reason - Menstrual Stress

How does Lady's Week affect you?

• I cry like a baby all day long at anything

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • My children know to be on their best behavior and my husband gives me a wide berth

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • If the supermarket is out of Essence magazine I take it personally

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • I always think I am in love

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • All of the above

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • None of the above

Votes: 18 69.2%

• Total voters
Men do not understand this reality in our lives. Their response may be to poo poo it as an excuse for criminal behavior--the female version of "the devil made me do it." What can we do to help them understand the very real emotional impact Ladies' Week has on us and still maintain their respect? What can they do to help us ride the white horse with dignity?

Think about it, there is pre-menstrual stree, menstrual strese and post menstrual stress. That leaves only one week out of the whole month when we can reasonably be expected to behave reasonably. Something must be done. Ladies, put your heads together.

Whew, Ok, Sister I had to read sister, Destees post to gather what you was talking about so descretely.

My friend , came with fear. My mother prepared my older sister. And my friend visted me first. I was 2 years younger. I went for 3 days crying knowing I did something bad and I was going to die. I was just 11 years old. On the last night I shared it with my sister. Who in turn was shocked and laugh but told my mother. Shocked but handle me with such loving care. it was years before i truly understood it. And she ws more concerned because I was tomboyish. But i made it through. lol With 7 years of awlful cramps, throwing up, missing school etc. I thought it was a curse. After my first child it was easy sailing,, She visited and only stayed 3 days, no pain, no emotional nothing. Hell, My partner could never tell when she visited or not. ( Unless he wanted to play ) lol

I don't think men would ever truly understand, But they can be compassionate, understanding and if our moods swings are too far off. They now, have a lot of different medications that are helpful. I embrace it as being an part of my womenhood, but it was an growing process. As now, I now, dread menapause. lol

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, Us ladies have it rough. lol But that's what the sisterhood is for. To help each other get over the hump. Be glad that we can be honest and open about it , where as years ago, It was hushed. And they had mostly
Male doctors telling women that it's all in their heads.

Excellent thread.

Men do not understand this reality in our lives. Their response may be to poo poo it as an excuse for criminal behavior--the female version of "the devil made me do it." What can we do to help them understand the very real emotional impact Ladies' Week has on us and still maintain their respect? What can they do to help us ride the white horse with dignity?

What can we do to help them, that is, help men, understand? "Can they truly understand?" is the real question. :lol: I don't think so. What can they do? Usually, they leave me alone.

I'm very emotional during lady's week, and they just kinda stare like, "what do I do now? O.O". So I kinda avoid people, especially men, at that time.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back