The Front Porch : Why or Why Aren't You - Becoming A Premium Member?

deb0 said:
Panafrica, you don't even know what you're talking about. You obviously chimed in without reading the entire thread, throwing cocktails when you didn't even give my posts a fair chance by reading them.

First of all, if me simply putting my website url along my alias is shameful, then I am guilty. As I stated in previous posts (which u didn't read), I would give the same courtesy to anyone that came to my forum. Why is that a problem? And why is the biggest board in the black community so defensive about a smalltime board admin doing this? I would NEVER act in away that I wouldn't reciprocate on my own site. Take a look and you will see. Guess what? I adverstise other sites, Destee doesn't. I promote other sites, Destee doesn't. I even have a links directory where ANY site can post their link with a detailed description, Destt doesn't. So don't dare say I am shameful in my actions. I only had the best intentions in being a member of this forum, and instead, because I have some ambitions similar to Destee, I am rebuked while others get to post links.

second, There is NO rule on this board saying I shouldn't do so. Destee decided to selectively apply such a rule. As a matter of fact, your Rules link doesn't even work.

Third, just like Destee, you are taking the post out of context. I am not comparing this board to a specific board or type of board. Again, what r u talking about? No one said anything about a news site run by a corporation. Again, what r u talking about?

Brother deb0 ... look ... at some point this must stop. You wrote and asked me to delete your posts and Membership here, but if this is what you wanted, why are you still here posting? You have every right to do whatever you want on your forum, why not go do that? Why remain here breaking our peace?

Gosh, you've made your point, you've let us know that you'll not financially support this community and you don't like the way we manage things here. Okay. Now what? Doesn't your own forum need your attention?

I mean really ... gosh ... let it go ... because this will not be allowed to go on for too much longer.

:heart:

Destee

Debo:

My reading comprehension is fine, if you took offense to what I wrote...you need to! Again I think you should feel ashamed of trying to discourage the efforts of one websites attempt to survive, while advertising on that same website. In case you are unaware, putting your site address on your signature is advertising!

Jamie said:
:spinn: Hello Everyone
My Husband and I have been checking out this site for about a month, we enjoy the many topics and all, but we are very reluctant to take money from our budget, to be frank 15.00 per month really is a lot for us, when you consider our internet costs which are around 20.00 per month. Now to become a premium member here we must pay an additional 15.00 thats a bit much, sorry but we cant afford that, no offense to the site, but are you guys serious 15.00 per month? :blush:

Damm I missed this thread with my wife putting our biz all out on front street, :shutup: but as she stated its really a bit much for us, I agree there is tons of information available here and Im glad to be able to access it.

We would love to give money to Destee Community but to do so would strain our already over extended budget, I always wondered what are the actual costs of this community?
Is it running in the Red?
Is it running in the Black?
What is the status?
I was reading where Brother OldSoul made his passionate plea "thx Brother" http://www.destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31207 for 500 Brothers here at Destee Forum to become premium members, I also read the current rate is 10 bucks a month that adds up to $5000.00 a month or $60.000.00 annually.
What on earth costs any where near these amounts in this community?
Would it be feasible to ask for 5 dollars a month or less?
Please help a Brother on the fence understand the money trail. :pc:

RunawaySlave said:
Damm I missed this thread with my wife putting our biz all out on front street, :shutup: but as she stated its really a bit much for us, I agree there is tons of information available here and Im glad to be able to access it.

We would love to give money to Destee Community but to do so would strain our already over extended budget, I always wondered what are the actual costs of this community?
Is it running in the Red?
Is it running in the Black?
What is the status?
I was reading where Brother OldSoul made his passionate plea "thx Brother" http://www.destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31207 for 500 Brothers here at Destee Forum to become premium members, I also read the current rate is 10 bucks a month that adds up to $5000.00 a month or $60.000.00 annually.
What on earth costs any where near these amounts in this community?
Would it be feasible to ask for 5 dollars a month or less?
Please help a Brother on the fence understand the money trail. :pc:

Brother RunawaySlave ... as i'm sure i told your wife, she and you are welcome to stay and take part in this community without paying anything, as you have done. The doors to this community have always been open to everyone, regardless of their ability or desire to help financially support the community. It has and continues to be a challenge to do this, but one i'm dedicated to, and will continue for as long as i can.

When i first mentioned Premium Membership, there were those that immediately stood up to question every single aspect of it. Concerned that there may be some small chance that Destee could come out a nickel or dime ahead. They wanted to know what every single cost was, and what would happen to that nickel or dime, should it be left over at the end of the month. There were even those that compared this community to places like AOL or MSN, and wondered why we aren't doing what they do, and in the manner that they do it.

It's a little discouraging to have to go through this, but i understand that it is the dynamics of us, and this, and so many things. We simply do not trust each other. No matter that a site has been here for several years, proving itself to be dedicated and reputable, we cannot trust it. No matter that there is an obvious value to what's found here (because you're here), that there are no banners popping up all around you, that there is peace throughout, we still cannot trust it. No matter that it is Black owned, struggling, and committed to being here for us (even those not willing or able to help financially support it), we still cannot trust it. No matter that everyone can network here at no cost, we still can't trust it. No matter that it is one of the largest Black owned, independently managed online communities, where our youth and elders come together peacefully, and have done so for years ... no matter these things ... we cannot trust it.

We do to Black efforts, what we don't do to White ones. Your wife mentioned money spent on your ISP, if no mistake, and i wonder if you asked them, all these same questions you are asking me.

This community has always cost me money, time, resources. I've never made a dime. There is no profit. We struggle to meet the monthly obligations. Our costs continue to go up, as our growth increases on a daily basis. The amount of time alone, managing and maintaining this community, is expensive. As we struggle to maintain what we have, i'm concerned about our future, as the growth will require more expensive, robust solutions.

I appreciate all that Brother OldSoul does here. I'm honored that he'd present such a thread as the one you mentioned. His confidence in me and this community has kept the fire burning in me, on many a cold and windy night. He gives in every single way he possibly can. He teaches, he writes, he gives his financial support, he encourages me in every way to stay the course, he sees the bigger picture and helps me stay focused on it, he recognizes the need for us to have our own and how important this is now, and will be even more so, in the near future. We are the only people that have to beg each other to do what needs to be done. If we aren't begging each other, we're begging other folk. Our organizations are always lacking, always struggling, always going through. Many of us don't see the necessity of making that not be the case. Helping each other is not the simple effort it should be. We have to know all the answers to all the questions, before we make a move ... and even armed with all the answers ... many of us aint finna do nuth'n. It's just the way they've made us to be, and we've got to work really hard to overcome it. In regard to what we'd do with the money, if we had it like Brother OldSoul requested ... gosh ... just to make it through a month without worrying if we're gonna make it, would be really nice. To be able to consider adding more, new, greater features to the community, being able to do whatever we want as it relates to this community ... the possibilities are limitless if we stand together.

Brother RunawaySlave ... i am going to keep this community running for as long as i can, i have committed myself to this. If it is too much of a hardship for you to help financially support the community, then please, don't do it. Get down off the fence Brother, i got this.

Well ... not just i ... but several Sisters and Brothers here, that do find value in what we're doing, recognize the need for us to have our own, and realize that it will not happen until we give each other the considerations that we give other folk. They stand with me and i'm honored. So let me correct myself by saying ... we got this ... don't worry Brother.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

Well Excuse the Hell Outta Me

Destee said:
Brother RunawaySlave ... as i'm sure i told your wife, she and you are welcome to stay and take part in this community without paying anything, as you have done. The doors to this community have always been open to everyone, regardless of their ability or desire to help financially support the community. It has and continues to be a challenge to do this, but one i'm dedicated to, and will continue for as long as i can.

When i first mentioned Premium Membership, there were those that immediately stood up to question every single aspect of it. Concerned that there may be some small chance that Destee could come out a nickel or dime ahead. They wanted to know what every single cost was, and what would happen to that nickel or dime, should it be left over at the end of the month. There were even those that compared this community to places like AOL or MSN, and wondered why we aren't doing what they do, and in the manner that they do it.

It's a little discouraging to have to go through this, but i understand that it is the dynamics of us, and this, and so many things. We simply do not trust each other. No matter that a site has been here for several years, proving itself to be dedicated and reputable, we cannot trust it. No matter that there is an obvious value to what's found here (because you're here), that there are no banners popping up all around you, that there is peace throughout, we still cannot trust it. No matter that it is Black owned, struggling, and committed to being here for us (even those not willing or able to help financially support it), we still cannot trust it. No matter that everyone can network here at no cost, we still can't trust it. No matter that it is one of the largest Black owned, independently managed online communities, where our youth and elders come together peacefully, and have done so for years ... no matter these things ... we cannot trust it.

We do to Black efforts, what we don't do to White ones. Your wife mentioned money spent on your ISP, if no mistake, and i wonder if you asked them, all these same questions you are asking me.

This community has always cost me money, time, resources. I've never made a dime. There is no profit. We struggle to meet the monthly obligations. Our costs continue to go up, as our growth increases on a daily basis. The amount of time alone, managing and maintaining this community, is expensive. As we struggle to maintain what we have, i'm concerned about our future, as the growth will require more expensive, robust solutions.

I appreciate all that Brother OldSoul does here. I'm honored that he'd present such a thread as the one you mentioned. His confidence in me and this community has kept the fire burning in me, on many a cold and windy night. He gives in every single way he possibly can. He teaches, he writes, he gives his financial support, he encourages me in every way to stay the course, he sees the bigger picture and helps me stay focused on it, he recognizes the need for us to have our own and how important this is now, and will be even more so, in the near future. We are the only people that have to beg each other to do what needs to be done. If we aren't begging each other, we're begging other folk. Our organizations are always lacking, always struggling, always going through. Many of us don't see the necessity of making that not be the case. Helping each other is not the simple effort it should be. We have to know all the answers to all the questions, before we make a move ... and even armed with all the answers ... many of us aint finna do nuth'n. It's just the way they've made us to be, and we've got to work really hard to overcome it. In regard to what we'd do with the money, if we had it like Brother OldSoul requested ... gosh ... just to make it through a month without worrying if we're gonna make it, would be really nice. To be able to consider adding more, new, greater features to the community, being able to do whatever we want as it relates to this community ... the possibilities are limitless if we stand together.

Brother RunawaySlave ... i am going to keep this community running for as long as i can, i have committed myself to this. If it is too much of a hardship for you to help financially support the community, then please, don't do it. Get down off the fence Brother, i got this.

Well ... not just i ... but several Sisters and Brothers here, that do find value in what we're doing, recognize the need for us to have our own, and realize that it will not happen until we give each other the considerations that we give other folk. They stand with me and i'm honored. So let me correct myself by saying ... we got this ... don't worry Brother.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

Destee
I don’t want to pick apart every comment you made but let me say this,
Sister what you shared with others in this regard is of no importance to me, this thread asks for comments, but once the comments are shared, if the comment/opinion is anything other than "my check is in the mail" the member is attacked like; how dare this persons say this or ask that, tell me why would you start a thread with that question if you don’t want a honest answer?
If they answer with a set of questions or comments it turns into what you posted above.
MY GOODNESS WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON? :gas:
If you don’t like the effect, Sister don’t produce the cause, your question is the cause, not my answer or comments. If a member wants to know how his or her money will be spent, it some how becomes "you don’t trust me, blah blah blah."
Your commenting on our internet service provider like it is related to me donating to this community is a perfect example. :confused:

If you want to make this claim
No matter that it is one of the largest Black owned, independently managed online communities, where our youth and elders come together peacefully, and have done so for years ... no matter these things ... we cannot trust it.
this Sister isn’t true, a truthful statement would be “as far as I know we are the largest blah blah” off the top of my head, I know there are quite a few larger black communities and they are free, I would list them but that seems to be a problem, I will add them to the links section if thats ok with you :eek:oops: .

Before you say something like go on join them there, let me say I am a member at most Black Online Forums I’m like a nomad lol and I must admit this is nice, but to be brutally honest, It’s the Only One That I Know Of That Denies BASIC Membership Options :pc:

Thanks for your time....

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back