The Front Porch : Why or Why Aren't You - Becoming A Premium Member?

Frankly, I'm surprised that you chose to take the low road in your response. And since you will either edit, delete, ban me (or all of the above), I guess I can at least make one last attempt to be objective and honest. After all, what have I got to lose?

First you took my statements totally the wrong way. I asked you not to take it out of context or get personal, and yet you did. Let's not forget, YOU STARTED the thread asking the Question "Why or Why Aren't You - Becoming A Premium Member?" I guess you really didn't want a truthful answer then.

I am not comparing you to a white site. The point in that statement was to answer your question that started the threat. POint is that much information and functionality that you charge your 'family' for can be easily enjoyed in abundance at other, albeit white sites. That is FACT. And it's not just white sites that provide free boards, so stop trying to play that card. Does that make Destee less enjoyable, no! I would rather hang out here (at least before I learned that you have double standards) than a white site anyday. But it's NOT because of your CHAT rooms or online classes, or the other 'additions' you give your "premium members". Simply because I like to communicate with my people.

And your history and all that has NOTHING to do with this discussion.
You don't have to defend yourself to me, I am simply a non-paying member giving an OPINION THAT YOU ASKED ME TO GIVE.

Oh, and about this statement you made
----
"While you are not willing to help support this community, you do come here to promote yours. From the moment you joined us, you've attempted to leave links with every post you made, to your own site. When i saw this, i posted a thread personally to you, asking you to stop it, but you have not stopped."
----
First of all, by the fact that I registered and post here, IS SUPPORT. But may be you are like many other blacks that look at support from the prism of money. I'm sorry to say this, but maybe your vision of a forum for the black community is not healthy for blacks, since you feel the only way to support YOUR board is to give you money. so I guess that means you feel the same way about uh.....6000 members on your board, and therefore they have no right to say anything. As a matter of fact other NON-paying member criticize you, but perhaps it's the depth of detail in my post that you have a problem with. I am not the enemy. You got it all twisted.

And your rules say nothing about signing my name and placing a web url at the bottom. And if it does, you don't consistently apply this rule. Here you are with the black communities most successful board, and you coming down on me for participating in your board within your documented guidelines, and taking offense that I post a simple url with no other plug or comment. I have never spammed your site. And I challenge you to prove that right now? Do a search on every post I have made, and the truth will show that I simply post a link with my alias. I have repeatedly and openly complimented your forum and you slam me like this? In this post you reacted so defensively to, I even defened you.

Do I detect the all too common "crab syndrome" that blacks have been known to exhibit for as long as we can remember? Yeah, sistah, you are showing your true colors in this situation, no doubt.

Now I'm not going to get into the do's and don'ts about running a board, because you can run yours the way you want. All I ask as an insignificant, unsupportive-because-I-don't-pay-member, is that your board ruels are applied equally and ethically.

Remember, YOU ASKED the question, I just answered it, truthfully and respectfully.

And lastly, what you don't realize and appreciate is that the real value of your board is the people that are in it. And yes, EVEN the ones that don't put money in your purse. People that look forward to logging in to destee to get their latest conversational fix. If your board is going to survive, perhaps you should learn to humble yourself to the true treasure that you have laid the foundation for, and your members have built upon, focus on adding value, rather than attacking someone who could have been one of your greatest allies in this effort. All those black boards you talked about before, they failed for many good reasons. Take heed.

Oh, and if you want to ban me, you don't have to, Just send me a private email, and I will take my knowledge, my passion, and my love for the online community somewhere else where my membership, albeit moneyless, is immensley appreciated.

Then again, you probably won't even allow this message to be read.....

"Unsigned As Prohibited By Destee Forums without payment"

Wow. The only reason I don't always like to write things is because sometimes things can be taken out of context. I see valid points, but I know the both of you are brilliant enough to know that there may be some type of misunderstanding here. I don't know what to say really. Indeed, I can go elsewhere and I've been pretty much everywhere. But I've yet to find the love on any other site than I have here. I could be a minority in this, but I respect deb0 for the honest opinion. Destee...you know where I stand with you. I'm no peacemaker...just stating my claim.

deb0 said:
Frankly, I'm surprised that you chose to take the low road in your response. And since you will either edit, delete, ban me (or all of the above), I guess I can at least make one last attempt to be objective and honest. After all, what have I got to lose?

First you took my statements totally the wrong way. I asked you not to take it out of context or get personal, and yet you did. Let's not forget, YOU STARTED the thread asking the Question "Why or Why Aren't You - Becoming A Premium Member?" I guess you really didn't want a truthful answer then.

I am not comparing you to a white site. The point in that statement was to answer your question that started the threat. POint is that much information and functionality that you charge your 'family' for can be easily enjoyed in abundance at other, albeit white sites. That is FACT. And it's not just white sites that provide free boards, so stop trying to play that card. Does that make Destee less enjoyable, no! I would rather hang out here (at least before I learned that you have double standards) than a white site anyday. But it's NOT because of your CHAT rooms or online classes, or the other 'additions' you give your "premium members". Simply because I like to communicate with my people.

And your history and all that has NOTHING to do with this discussion.
You don't have to defend yourself to me, I am simply a non-paying member giving an OPINION THAT YOU ASKED ME TO GIVE.

Oh, and about this statement you made
----
"While you are not willing to help support this community, you do come here to promote yours. From the moment you joined us, you've attempted to leave links with every post you made, to your own site. When i saw this, i posted a thread personally to you, asking you to stop it, but you have not stopped."
----
First of all, by the fact that I registered and post here, IS SUPPORT. But may be you are like many other blacks that look at support from the prism of money. I'm sorry to say this, but maybe your vision of a forum for the black community is not healthy for blacks, since you feel the only way to support YOUR board is to give you money. so I guess that means you feel the same way about uh.....6000 members on your board, and therefore they have no right to say anything. As a matter of fact other NON-paying member criticize you, but perhaps it's the depth of detail in my post that you have a problem with. I am not the enemy. You got it all twisted.

And your rules say nothing about signing my name and placing a web url at the bottom. And if it does, you don't consistently apply this rule. Here you are with the black communities most successful board, and you coming down on me for participating in your board within your documented guidelines, and taking offense that I post a simple url with no other plug or comment. I have never spammed your site. And I challenge you to prove that right now? Do a search on every post I have made, and the truth will show that I simply post a link with my alias. I have repeatedly and openly complimented your forum and you slam me like this? In this post you reacted so defensively to, I even defened you.

Do I detect the all too common "crab syndrome" that blacks have been known to exhibit for as long as we can remember? Yeah, sistah, you are showing your true colors in this situation, no doubt.

Now I'm not going to get into the do's and don'ts about running a board, because you can run yours the way you want. All I ask as an insignificant, unsupportive-because-I-don't-pay-member, is that your board ruels are applied equally and ethically.

Remember, YOU ASKED the question, I just answered it, truthfully and respectfully.

And lastly, what you don't realize and appreciate is that the real value of your board is the people that are in it. And yes, EVEN the ones that don't put money in your purse. People that look forward to logging in to destee to get their latest conversational fix. If your board is going to survive, perhaps you should learn to humble yourself to the true treasure that you have laid the foundation for, and your members have built upon, focus on adding value, rather than attacking someone who could have been one of your greatest allies in this effort. All those black boards you talked about before, they failed for many good reasons. Take heed.

Oh, and if you want to ban me, you don't have to, Just send me a private email, and I will take my knowledge, my passion, and my love for the online community somewhere else where my membership, albeit moneyless, is immensley appreciated.

Then again, you probably won't even allow this message to be read.....

"Unsigned As Prohibited By Destee Forums without payment"

Brother deb0 ... i stand by every word i said, just as you do. I don't believe i took your response personal, as a matter of fact, i thanked you for it. When i posted this thread, i wanted all responses, yours included. While you have the opportunity to share your thoughts, surely i do as well? That's all that has taken place here. Because we don't agree, does not mean we must do it disagreeably.

As you've mentioned, there have been many Black web sites that have died. At some point, we must get beyond not wanting to help financially support the endeavors that support us. I'm confident that we will do that, if not here, somewhere.

Now if you don't want to financially support this community, you don't have to. There are many Members here that come and take part every day, and may never become a Premium Member. While you and they do contribute your words, thoughts, Spirits, love, etc., which help make this community what it is, none of that helps to pay the rising costs. While those things are wonderful and appreciated, they will all be lost if the costs aren't paid. That is the reality we face.

I'm very grateful to those few who are willing to financially help, as they make it possible for the rest of the Family to be here.

I aint madatcha Brother deb0. You don't have to pay. You will not be banned or your posts deleted, as long as you adhere to our rules.

It's all good Brother.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Sister Royal_T ... i thank you for your caring intervention ... :love: ... i don't think there's anything to be alarmed about jes 'cause a Sister and Brother disagree. I too appreciate his honesty.

Sister ... you aint neva gotta shut-up here ... not eva eva eva eva eva! :love:

That's what this community is all about, our being able to communicate whatever is on our minds. Just because everyone may not agree with us, does not for one minute lessen the fact that all of it is oh so very welcome!

So go 'head on Sister ... talk to us! :wink:

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back