Black Spirituality Religion : Why didn't our ancestors use their powers to fight slavery?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by cursed heart, Jul 5, 2006.

1. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    This has been on my mind.
    Through meditation,trance,and envokement why didn't they kill the masters?
    Better yet free themselves ?
    Did we lose our powers ?
    Were we unable to because of lack of faith for freedom?
    Didn't they see the white folks coming through meditation and trance before hand?

2. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    To say that it never happened would be a generalization since if it did the "masters" would not admit to being subjugated to such a thing.

You can bet that they did,all the physical battles and revolts waged had to be assisted by those at home with the prowess in spirituality.

3. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    That is the killer question for all those who ignore the Old Testament and Holy Scriptures doctrine in an attempt to promote ancient ATR which gives no explanation as to our downfall. Thus far it is the Old Testament doctrine that predicts and forewarns us that we would be conquered, enslaved and dispersed as a people if we rejected the GOD manifested in the Old Testament and Holy Scriptures and that is exactly what happened.

Lev 26:
    28: Then I will walk contrary unto you also in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins.
    29: And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat.
    30: And I will destroy your high places, and cut down your images, and cast your carcases upon the carcases of your idols, and my soul shall abhor you.
    31: And I will make your cities waste, and bring your sanctuaries unto desolation, and I will not smell the savour of your sweet odours.
    32: And I will bring the land into desolation: and your enemies which dwell therein shall be astonished at it.
    33: And I will scatter you among the heathen, and will draw out a sword after you: and your land shall be desolate, and your cities waste.

Deut:28:48: Therefore shalt thou serve thine enemies which the LORD shall send against thee, in hunger, and in thirst, and in nakedness, and in want of all things: and he shall put a yoke of iron upon thy neck, until he have destroyed thee.

Deut:28:64: And the LORD shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shalt serve other gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, even wood and stone.

No other religion or ATR predicts our condition such as can be seen in the Old Testament or Holy Scriptures. Once our ancestors started rejecting GOD we lost all of our Power and this is how the white man was able to conquer us. GOD delivered us over to them.

Deut:32:30: How should one chase a thousand, and two put ten thousand to flight, except their Rock had sold them, and the LORD had shut them up?

4. cursed heart

Ratings:
    +38
    Being that slave masters wrote the bible I wont even attempt to accept this answer!

5. cursed heart

Ratings:
    +38
    I saw a little of it in the movie Sankofa.
    I just wish we could have over powered them all!
    I wish I heard about it more!
    There has to be an answer!

6. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    Who told you that the slave master wrote the Old Testament or Holy Scriptures?

7. cursed heart

Ratings:
    +38
    Know one had to tell me that.
    I don't get you!
    How can you pick and chose what you believe in the very same book?
    Either it is a book of complete truth or a book of complete lies.
    If there is falsehood in the new testament there is falsehood in the old testament.
    How can you say it is the true word of God in the old testament but yet Man(white men) wrote the new testament in the very same book that you treasure to be the truth the light and the only way!
    If the old testament is the truth noway it should have been followed by the new testament!

8. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    Sister Cursed....Thank you for asking this question, as it is one that I have asked a number of times but have yet to receive an answer that begins to appear logical and make any sense.

9. cursed heart

Ratings:
    +38
    This helps spicy
    Thank you:heart:

10. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Are we there yet....Are we there yet....Are we there yet?

Peace. Our ancestors were tricked, politically, into conforming to a white supremacist mindset, before we were enslaved. Once you have a person's mind under control, you have the upper hand. They were stripped of their religious practices, and any other bonding identifier that would have given them a sense of dignity. You cannot expect a remote control car to go against the remote that controls it.

What advantage do 15 slaves on a plantation have against 3-4 masters and his family who are armed with guns and horses? There were plenty slave revolts; many of which went undocumented (the bloody ones where the masters were on the losing end). Where would the slaves have gone. They had no compass or map. They were confined to their unnatural habitat ALL their lives for several generations.

The first procees in enslaving a people is to break their spirit: by means of torture; beatings; and, even witnessing their own family being mutilated afront their very eyes. The slaves had to be very careful of the house negroes who oversaw them, and the field spies who slaved right next to them.

It would be unfair to judge a slave. Times were turbulent. Desperate people go to desperate measures.

How could a slave escape across a multi-acre field without being snitched on or going unnoticed? There were plenty of slave escapees; have you not seen the reward posters from that era (dead or alive).

I, too, often ponder what I "would have done" if I lived during that era. To tell you the truth, with my temperment, I would have either gone crazy or just went on a killing spree:madd: You are asking some tough questions. A slave walked on eggshells 24/7, so their minds were fixated on how NOT to pi$$ massa off, just so they could live another bloody day. I GET ANGRY AS h3ll KNOWING MY PEOPLE WERE ENSLAVED FOR OVER 20 GENERATIONS:flame: But I tell myself "Spicy....calm down....you have a child to live for" *exhales*

:smokin: