Black Relationships : Why Can't I Call Her?

river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
I need some moral support.

Last week I had a falling out with my sister. A woman at our Church was going around slandering me because I told her that I did not appreciate the way she acted towards me and that if she wanted to be my friend she must show some respect or if she cannot show respect then stay away from me. I did not raise my voice but I did not sugarcoat my words either. She appealed to the other women who form a little clique and they jumped on her side telling me what I was saying and feeling was nothing but the devil.

Anyway my mother told me that my sister told her that this woman was going aaround asking people what's wrong with me. I asked my sister why she was siding with this woman without even asking me what happened. She went into a tirade that forced me to hang the phone up. There is just no trying to establish reasoning communications with her when she gets like this. It's a combination of hormones (she's pregnant) and sugar imbalance that puts anyone close to her on a rollercoaster ride of emotional unreality. She called right back but I did not answer the phone.

It's certainly painful to realize that the people who say they love me and should love me are too childish or emotionally imbalanced to stand up for me. Last year a similiar incident occured when one of the women at Chutch mistakenly thought I would be receptive of her coming out of the closet on me. The pastor asked us not to discuss the matter with anyone but he sacrificed my cause in favor of her money and prestige. I've forgiven so much and shed so many hidden tears. But now I've just stopped going there.

The issue I'm dealing with right now is I feel a desire to call my sister and give her support during her pregnancy. Also I have good news about the goings on in my life and wish I could share them with myy own sister. Despite every good intention of heart and mind my feet simply will not move in the direction of the phone. The prospect of her starting in about me hanging the phone up on her stops me cold. I don't feel guilty about it since she left me no cloice. I just don't feel that a tongue lashing is something I want to deal with right now.

Do I need to find the strength to go on and call her or should I let sleeping dogs lie?

You should call her and try to just talk about the good stuff. Don't even bring up that issue or anything else concerning church. If she starts up, then hang up on her. One thing I've found out is that it's easier for me to be on bad terms with someone as long as I tried to be civil and take the high road. What's the worse that can happen? You guys aren't talking right now, so worst case scenerio....you'll remain on those terms.

kente417mojo said:
You should call her and try to just talk about the good stuff. Don't even bring up that issue or anything else concerning church. If she starts up, then hang up on her. One thing I've found out is that it's easier for me to be on bad terms with someone as long as I tried to be civil and take the high road. What's the worse that can happen? You guys aren't talking right now, so worst case scenerio....you'll remain on those terms.
Thanks Brotha Kente. I'ma go on and do it.

By the way, I tried to buy your book but received an unspecified error message. I'd really like to read that book. Are you on Amazon.com or somewhere or can you talk to these people and find out why my request would not go through?

river said:
Thanks Brotha Kente. I'ma go on and do it.

By the way, I tried to buy your book but received an unspecified error message. I'd really like to read that book. Are you on Amazon.com or somewhere or can you talk to these people and find out why my request would not go through?

It's at Barnes and Noble.com, but it would be better to get it from Authorhouse. If not, then you can order it from the Barnes and Noble website or a bookstore by you. I'll also contact them and see why you can't buy it and I'll let you know what's up. Thanks river.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back