Black Relationships : Traumatic memories easier to recall than happy ones

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by dustyelbow, Feb 23, 2007.

1. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Traumatic memories easier to recall than happy ones

How can you START a NEW RELATIONSHIP and MAKE IT GROW if you still havent made PEACE wit the OLD ONE.

That new REALTIONSHIP will FAIL ONCE AGAIN if you havent LEARNED PEACE.

Now, I am TALKING MYSTERIES, let SCIENCE do the TALKING INSTEAD.

Oh well.

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    It's often through memories to revisit the past pain / betrayal and
    other nasty tastes then it is to outweight them , one should allow
    self time to heal from a bad relationship then to renew self into another one

i agree traumatic moments are recalled in the light of memory by the
    emotional pain and scars that was delt but healing comes with time .

3. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    I just FEEL like if we DONT ADDRESS these ISSUES in the OPEN with OURSELVES (no OPRAH, no GREATER SOCIETY A chance for US to EXERCISE JUDGEMENT as a COMMUNITY) they will continue to EAT AWAY at our CULTURAL LIFE in the NATION and we will be FURTHER BEHIND bearing a HOPELESS GENERATION.

RUTHLESS WHITE has demonstrated he want to take our HISTORY of OVERCOMING PLOTS in the NATION from HIM and GREATER SOCIETY and leaving the DISRESPECT and ABUSES on US as PERPERTRATORS.

Professor’s research gives insight into abuse

and from Zimbabwe, AFRICA getting DUMB? again

http://www.zimdaily.com/news/117/ARTICLE/1273/2007-01-31.html

Another OPINION showing its EATING AWAY at their SOCIETY.

I see it EVERYDAY and its GROWING. That is how OPPRESSION and letting the OPPRESSOR take the JUDGE ROLE.

The AVERAGE MAN and WOMEN get CRUSHED on ALL SIDES with no HOPE coming from the STRONG at ALL.

Oh well.

4. NeterHeru

NeterHeru Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    DUSTYELBOW:

I agree with you. I follow my mother's advice as she always instructed me--and still does--that every relationship I have with a woman is just another experience, in the long line of human relations. I never look back on any of my relationships, not just because of my mother's advice, but also based on a logical understanding that every relationship will be different.

That is, as I'm sure you know, every relationship has its own struggles, needs, desires, and goals; every relationships is essentially a new one previous to the other. So the question I think is why people like to hold onto all that excessive emotional baggage from previous relationships. Personally I don't see the recalling of these traumatic memories so much more easier than recalling pleasant ones, as it seems to me people tend to personalize traumatic experiences (read: ingrain them upon their psyche) while merely accept pleasant ones as a "given." Therefore, non-traumatic experiences are simply accepted as what ought to normally be anyway, rather than something, which is precious and not the every day norm.