Black Relationships : Why do brothers call eachother "*****,s" isnt this a SLAVE name ?

if you are refering to the- N- word. first of all we dont spell it the way it was/and said by other races.. being a race of creative minds but yet not forgetting our past we flipped that word and made it a word of love. we dropped the (er) replaced it with (ga)
because that is not what we continue to be (er) but what we give or gave (ga). to some this word will always be controversical. to others its HOW you use it and WHO uses it. if we teach our kids the meaning of that word then and now. then they will learn how to use it or use it not at all.

to me this word is none void
it's true we use it to show love by dropping (er) replacing it
with (ga) but think in anyway use it's out of character to our
people for our people the creative of such is still a lable to what
had our ancestors in bondage , chains , ropes for years & years
if they heard us use this the tears could make oceans from dry
land .......
If we teach the history of this word to our children
and allow them to see inside the hate of it we would park
this name to call out each other and surely an end could come
this one of the many struggles we still face today
the healing can start as we put this behind us like a forgotten
seed....my mental thoughts is yes it is a slave name to lable us
and bend us from what we are .......
then the question come who are we really !
are we afro Americans ? are we black , are we african Americans
or are we just what they lables us to be the N folks ?

I donot use the N-word. I see it as having only negative connotation. Recently at work a sistah was fussing at me because I referred to another female as a chick. She says that women shouldnot be referred to as chick(s). On the other hand, she is always using the N-word. She proclaims it is turning a negative into a positive. Eh? I donot see how because as soon as someone of another ethic call her that she would be ready to fight. I remember not to long ago a friend of mine sent me an email about the N-word. It was a dialog about how we need to let that word go. Due to, at a high school a white student had spray painted the N-word[/] on a door to a sistahs classroom. The sistah had put that student out of class for some behavorial problem. Well the teacher took the student to court but the student got off. The white student's defense was he used the spelling with the ending a[/] not er and the different spelling meant something good!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back