Black Relationships : Why do brothers call eachother "*****,s" isnt this a SLAVE name ?

Co-sign with Regina and Nfant, Try going down south and explaining to the elders who are in their 60's and 70's that it's a positive word now. That word should not be embraced in any way because it was used as a put down. The ancestors went threw hell, and now you got their grand children running around, calling themselves that word...real sad...Try replacing it with words like 'brotha' or 'sista'. I am not a *****, Im a black man.

I don't really care of the N-Word is spelled, it is still deragotory. I read a book by Randall Kennedy, "Niger." The book sheds a lot of light on the word, where it comes from and what it actually means. I've heard the argu,ent that by taking ownership of the word it doesn't make the word bad anymore. I'll never understand that. I know black men and that call each other that but will fight anyone else who dares to use the word. I guess we should only be allowed to call ourselves ignorant fools. That's self-destructing. The N-word is a part of our history in this country. But that doesn't make it acceptable. If we start using the confederate flag amongst ourselves, does that make the flag appropriate? Of course it doesn't. We need to check ourselves and stop using the N-Word.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back