Black Entertainment : Why aren't movies made about the current black plight?

Tru-dat sista....In the 70s, there was a movie called Network. It was a film that showed the power of the media over people. Many of us look at the media as being the watchdog over the American democracy. But few know or realize that it was usurped nearly 100 years ago and has been completely stolen from us in the last 30 years.

Peace!

Desegregation did allow some to empower themselves, if and when they properly do their jobs/adequately fill those sort of roles/etc.

Gregory Kane had his moments, though what is also being revealed, via the ups/downs/etc. of being a black reporter:

I. e., when his job got eliminated, then had him searching for a new gig, and/or halted his comments on the hip hop/gangster rap scene, awhile back...

My and the point: Let us get our facts right, before we make a lot of bad guesses...

Individuals do make their choices for their own sakes:

Not their exclusive and sole burden to shoulder on their own, i. e., as it relates to what to do or say for the sake of our relations etc.

FYI

Maybe...

Imagine a more positive messages, if black filmmakers inspired by our best black science fiction writers etc., base new movie plots on their writing...

I. e., how do they envision a more inclusive future, for all of all of humanity, not just for the better off, etc.?

Dystopians like THE MATRIX films I don't look forward to living in the midst of...

Such are what I associate with being reality checks/wake up calls/etc.

FYI

My, well, ONE of my problems with the movie was the :bs: of the ENTIRE movie!

First, the ugly, ugly depictions of black womanhood (even Ruby Dee, smh) with not ONE positive or even NEUTRAL black woman in the film.

But the LIE of the movie was that anyone who didn't know better would think this was a BLACK Harlem thang! The only Hispanic in the movie was the skank, slutty wife draped in chinchillas while the black women in the film went around butt NAKED! Oh, and with their babies playing ball in the hallways of the drug houses.... while they sexed up bruthas in the dope rooms! The only whites I recall in the entire movie were cops.

So what we were presented with was a black dealer, all-black dope cutters, all-black dope boys on the corner of a black neighborhood and all-black druggies....

Anyone unfamiliar with drugs in this country, NOT just Harlem!, would think drugs was a cottage industry, limited to black participation (and a chinchilla-draped Hispanic woman presented as an "innocent" who, in real life, went to the pen for drug dealing! :rolleyes:). No white folk shaking, shooting up and nodding, no white suburbanites slipping into Harlem to buy drugs, certainly no scion of American royalty, i.e., the KENNEDY FAMILY getting BUSTED in Harlem around that time for buying that "good" dope! :rolleyes:

I detested that buncha lies and distortions. Oh, and in case it wasn't discussed (before my time), I noticed they cut out the wedding where Hispanic bridesmaids looking all demure and ladylike - in contrast to black women strung out on drugs or butt naked in drug houses (that scene stolen from another movie, I might add! :rolleyes:). Oh, and Ruby Dee giving them the "evil eye" of "jealousy" as the sweetness and light all-Hispanic bridesmaid brigade passed her movie-tacky, low-life butt by. :rolleyes:

Robert Kennedy's wife recently died of a drug overdose:

<div style='text-align:center'>
<script type='text/javascript' src='http://pshared.5min.com/Scripts/Pla...=560&height=345&playList=517368519'></script>
<br/>
</div>

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back