Black People : What does this sculpture say to you ?

we all see with our entire lives.. meaning what we see is colored by who we are. What the Artist sees in his own work does not have to jibe with what you see in his work. One of the reason's I never initially mention the Artist or the Artist's intentions when I ask these questions is that I want each individual person to interpret what they see from their own vantage point. So I try not to prematurely introduce any language or information that will unduly influence their interpretation. that aside.. let me ask you..

If this sculpture was not submerged in water, would that change your interpretation? If so, in what way?

I think it would have the same message because underwater things are constantly changing due to the currents just like if it was on land it would change due to the elements, be it slower. But on another note, I'm more puzzled why he put it under water. Its a great message, its just sad you got to put on scuba gear to see it clearly. Everybody should be able to witness this.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back