Black People : What are your favorite black movies

I like the older black movies I use to go see with my grandmother. Buck and the Preacher, Tomasina and Bushrod, anything that had Fred Williamson, Pam Grier or Jim Brown. More currently movies, A Soldier Story and Glory. Set it Off too.

[QUOTE="JenaBee63, post: 929399, member: 55834" I like the older black movies I use to go see with my grandmother. Buck and the Preacher, Tomasina and Bushrod, anything that had Fred Williamson, Pam Grier or Jim Brown.

More currently movies, A Soldier Story and Glory.

Set it Off too./QUOTE] Have you ever seen my No.1 the original Tuskegee Airmen film starring Laurence Fishbourne and Cuba Gooding Jr, the true story about the African American pilots who were easily the best fighter squadron in White on White World War II?

What about my No.2 American Gangster, in which Denzil Washington was particularly brilliant [can you guess my favourite line/spoken to not by Frank Lucas/Denzil]?

My No.3 is Rage in Harlem [I actually met Danny Glover at the London Premiere]!

Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?

[QUOTE="JenaBee63, post: 929399, member: 55834" I like the older black movies I use to go see with my grandmother. Buck and the Preacher, Tomasina and Bushrod, anything that had Fred Williamson, Pam Grier or Jim Brown.

Set it Off too./QUOTE] Have you ever seen my No.1 the original Tuskegee Airmen film starring Laurence Fishbourne and Cuba Gooding Jr, the true story about the African American pilots who were easily the best fighter squadron in White on White World War II?

What about my No.2 American Gangster, in which Denzil Washington was particularly brilliant [can you guess my favourite line/spoken to not by Frank Lucas/Denzil]?

Yes I have seen Tuskegee and American gangster. I like them both. Never seen Rage in Harlem. I was never a fan really of comedy.

What about my No.2 American Gangster, in which Denzil Washington was particularly brilliant [can you guess my favourite line/spoken to not by Frank Lucas/Denzil]? A clue is when the Vietnam war ended and Frank Lucas went to his supplier in Indo-China to arrange an alternative to the coffins of American servicemen for smuggling heroin into the USA.

[QUOTE="JenaBee63, post: 929500, member: 55834" Yes I have seen Tuskegee and American gangster.

I like them both. Never seen Rage in Harlem. I was never a fan really of comedy./QUOTE]
Why not check out Rage in Harlem, the finale might surprise you, and explain exactly why this film wasn't that popular in the USA's mainstream?

Jenna, why do you think none of these 3 received even a tiny fraction of the media hype/projection and promotion given to The Color Purple?

Most movies it appears are not hyped if there is not a White, prominent actor. There are a few exceptions . Will Smith. Use to be Denzel too. My sister mentioned some movie called War room that everyone says is excellent. Never seen a preview or mentuo of it. American Sniper was everywhere!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back