Black People : Your favorite black historical figure?

Hannibal Barca, THE AFRICAN WARRIOR
large_hannibal-history-453x255.jpg

Shaka Zulu

4521270_l3.jpg

Peace!

Who's your favorite black historical favorite? Or one of your favorites, if you have more than one? It can be someone who's still alive.

Or you can name two, because that's how many I'm going to name. :p

Huey P. Newton
Malcolm X (especially after he left the NOI and went to Mecca, although it's his life taken as a whole that makes him special to me)
"especially after he left the NOI and went to Mecca"? Please explain.

Nat Turner used to be my fav until I ran into accounts of John Horse and the Black Seminoles. Mass, protracted resistance where almost as many whites were killed as in the War of 1812 (my bad - I've written before, the "revolutionary" war) and lived to tell the tale, as opposed to a band of brothers killing something like 70 slavers and all being hung. At any rate, that "The Confessions of Nat Turner" (by William Styrons who wrote "Sophie's Choice") was #1 on the New York Times best seller list and is taught in public schools.... and John Horse is not, makes me wonder why.

But, whateva. :news:
"The Confessions of Nat Turner" makes good toilet paper! You should read "The Fires of Jubilee: Nat Turner's Fierce Rebellion", also written by a white man (Stephen Oates?) Smile

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on $$RICH$$'s profile.
$$RUCH. SO COOL.VBRO. WHAT MY bornday. Again. Destee. June. U didn't call. Phone me. I'm loosingbit. In my dopamine euphoria. None stop. I send my new pic. Noylt. Me. That guy. Wears 1x. I wear.b3x. Ok love Destee Fam. Errors I don't care ok. Love
Destee wrote on MANASIAC's profile.
I saw you ... :yaay: ... Welcome Home! ... :flowers:
Back