The Needs of Interracial Children?

Status
Not open for further replies.
spicybrown said:
Just because a subject hits the nerves of some, doesn't mean it's obsolete to everyone else. There are plenty of redundant topics that have no benefit to Black folks here...........and no, not everyone has an agenda........we're just not so sensitive about something that only affects a small fraction of our community :rolleyes:

This subject has done more than strike the nerve of "some" on here spicy. Needless to say, the only persons on here who can not get enough of this subject are those who happen to be in IRs or of mixed blood themselves. If this truly affects a small fraction of "our" community, I wonder why that small fraction continues to make its way onto Destee.com? As I demonstrated with Shamila there are dozens (hundreds actually) of websites which welcome these discussions, and devote themselves completely to it. What is the logic in trying to make a place to be something other than what it is, when there are hundreds of places that offer what you are looking for?

This subject has done more than strike the nerve of "some" on here spicy.OK.Needless to say, the only persons on here who can not get enough of this subject are those who happen to be in IRs or of mixed blood themselves. You may want to tell that to people who begin threads similar to this one here. 1 person begins a thread, hundreds of others respond, including you, does that mean you are interested in IR? We all have the right to express our opinions.If this truly affects a small fraction of "our" community, I wonder why that small fraction continues to make its way onto Destee.com?Are mixed people or people in IR barred from Destee.com? As I demonstrated with Shamila there are dozens (hundreds actually) of websites which welcome these discussions, and devote themselves completely to it. What is the logic in trying to make a place to be something other than what it is, when there are hundreds of places that offer what you are looking for?For instance, Shamila isn't entertaining the idea of Blacks in IR, she is not a self proclaimed Black, neither are her children. What's the big deal. She shared an experience. Just because some can't relate to it, doesn't mean she should be shunned. If that's the case, no non-Blacks, including bi-racials(in your definition of non-Blackness) should be allowed here. Plain & simple. Perhaps it should be in the "Rules and Regulations" that IR discussions are grounds for getting banned.

Spicybrown, thank you so much for sticking up for me. It is true I honestly donot have any 'agenda' here at all. For some unknown reason I felt that I should be on this site, don't ask me to explain it, I don't understand it myself. And now I sound really cookie!

I guess I don't mind coming out of my 'comfort zone', I think it's good if people can come out of their 'comfort zones' once in a while, because that is when you start to grow emotionally. I think what I say is valid, yes, I know this is a black site, but I think what I have to say may be of some interest to some here.

To be honest I don't normally look for sites to post on, so I won't be checking out any of the others you mentioned, but thanks for taking the trouble to find them for me anyway.

It seems to me that a lot of the problems faced by black people are also faced by many others, maybe not in the same way or to the same extent, but in the end we are all just human beings trying to survive in a world full of problems.

Shamila said:
Spicybrown, thank you so much for sticking up for me. It is true I honestly donot have any 'agenda' here at all. For some unknown reason I felt that I should be on this site, don't ask me to explain it, I don't understand it myself. And now I sound really cookie!

I guess I don't mind coming out of my 'comfort zone', I think it's good if people can come out of their 'comfort zones' once in a while, because that is when you start to grow emotionally. I think what I say is valid, yes, I know this is a black site, but I think what I have to say may be of some interest to some here.

To be honest I don't normally look for sites to post on, so I won't be checking out any of the others you mentioned, but thanks for taking the trouble to find them for me anyway.

It seems to me that a lot of the problems faced by black people are also faced by many others, maybe not in the same way or to the same extent, but in the end we are all just human beings trying to survive in a world full of problems.

Hello Shamila,

As a friendly reminder, this site does not promote interracial relationships. It is a site about the promotion of BLACK love and unity and the healing of BLACK relationships. Those particular links were provided as resources for people such as yourself who are interested in the topic. Thanks for being mindful and respectful of OUR space. Enjoy your stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back