Black Spirituality Religion : The Highest Self Mastery.

That is true, a persons character

Determine Your SELF

1955484629_695e7507bd.jpg

One evening just as a tribal Elder was headed out towards the shores to bathe one of his young pupils caught him. He said "Baba, I know I appear young, but I ready to learn the highest self mastery right now, I cannot wait until I am as old as my Brothers and my Sisters."

The Elder smiled at him but continued walked along his journey. Finally he said "I will tell you something you must promise never to tell the others." The young boy was excited to hear what the Elder Teacher was going to say. "What it is! I promise I will never tell!" He screamed while jumping up and down.

"Shhhhh" the Elder said to him. "Not even the wind knows what I am about to tell you." The Elder continued walking and waited until the young child was calmed down enough, he wanted to be closer to the ocean shoreline which was a tranquil place for his meditations.

Finally he said to him. "No one can teach you the highest self mastery, not nature, not the stars, no book and even the greatest of all Gods and Ancestors themselves."

The little boy looked puzzled. "But earlier you were teaching us that soon we will be able to reach the highest self mastery when we were ready." "Yes and this is still true" He said to him. "Do you remember why you learned how to talk, walk and even run?" The boy still displayed a terrible look of confusion on his face. "No." He said in return.

"You learned this because of desire, you wanted to be like your Mother and Father and even like your Brothers and Sisters, you practiced and copied them until finally you mastered it just as they did."

"I fall down sometimes" the little dark skinned child said.
"And so do I" said the Elder.
"But let me ask you this young one, who taught you desire?"

By then they were at the shores, and the young child walked around in circles thinking about the Elder's question.
"I don't know Baba, wanting was always part of me, I always want."

"And you will always want" The Tribal Elder said to him. "No one can teach you desire child, just as no one can teach you the highest self mastery. But Men and Women will come along to try to refine your desire. Books will try to educate it. Voices from afar will try to influence it. Great minds will conjure up devices to maneuver it. Those with more power and knowledge will try to claim it."

The Elder slowly walked off the shores and into the water. The young boy sat on the sandy banks, looking up and Sun, near tears. He was hoping to progress a little further in his education today, beyond that of his Brothers and Sisters. He still did not understand. Finally a thought hit him, so he called out to the Elder as he was dunking his head underneath the aqua blue waters.

"Who teaches the sky how to rain? Or the sea how to make water?"

The Elder called out laughing "The Mother Goddesses and Father Gods that desire it!"

The child wiped off some of his tears and called back " I understand my highest self mastery! I will use my wanting as the Gods do! I am here because the Gods have desired me also! I am God of my own desires! No one thing can teach me about all that I am!!"

The Tribal Elder raised his hand in the air above the waters and clapped three times while chanting in the language of his Ancient Fathers before him. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, but it rained.

Indeed this young boy learned quickly beyond that of his Brothers and Sisters, he went on to replace the Tribal Elder 20 years later just before he crossed over into the spirit realm.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
When you die no one will be there to ask you about what you've learned in your books. Most likely. They won't ask what Malcolm X's real name is, or how many countries are in Africa. Most likely. There will be no one to rate your knowledge about black nationalism, magic, sorcery, Ebonics. Because these were things that dealt specifically with your emotional development here on Earth. It has absolutely nothing to do with the hereafter. How can we be so sure? Why so certain.

Because it has nothing to do with "You"

All knowledge in fact, is a collection of data stored for collective retrieval.
Recite the Lord's Prayer backwards. It will not make a bit of difference. I promise.

Learning your African history and heritage will provide no greater emphasis on your life than learning the bus routes around your city unless that "learning" leads you to your highest self mastery.

Knowing the names of every Ancestors since and before Shaka Zulu is a good way to demonstrate mental capacity and memory but it will not make a bit of difference if you cannot command the powers of the Ancestors since and before Shaka Zulu by the will of your own self mastery.

Knowledge has achieved you nothing. Reciting your knowledge has achieved you nothing. Your books have achieved you nothing. Your songs have achieved you nothing. Your music has achieved you nothing.

You die just as anyone else. Still with the same void. Still with the same questions. Still without the same answers as they.

Because you are void of your - self.

Still searching.

But even a stupid garbage Man knows when to throw out the garbage. When the bin is full. Dump it. As Human beings we don't dump out our brains even when it is full of garbage/junk/waste/feces.

No one thing could ever teach you who you are. No one person. No one book. No one scripture. The entire chorus of life and many other lives are here to assist you as a God Goddess Creator and Co-Creator.

Do you really believe this illusion was placed here to teach you something?

Or were ~you~ put here
to teach it?

When we kneel down and pray to God, we present our psychic energy to those who are aware and confident of themselves as Gods.

You fight too hard to determine who is right and who is wrong when really, none of our thoughts should matter as much as your own.

Because when your flame finally blows out, the Authors of your books will not be there to assist you. The Angels, Guides and even Ancestors might be summoned by your energy but they don't come because what you've learned or achieved here on Earth. They come because of who you are.

Determine yourself. And by that alone, determine your life.

out weighs any amount of knowledge
scales.jpg

MAAT weighs the heart, not the brain

you beat me to that point....this generation of children are ALOT smarter than we give them credit for....

This is true.

I've pieced together some of this puzzle, I was unaware of your recent thread "Occult" Bro. Keita, this thread here was somewhat of a continuation of a recent thread I did titled "Darkness falls but it never fails" where we discussed in part the importance of learning more about our inner self, our instincts etc., opposite taking the knowledge of others for face value, gaining knowledge of things that might not be for us.

There have been many threads lately trying to divide those who are interested in "occult" information from those who are Pan African, Black Nationalist, Christian, Muslim or what have you.

I am actually surprised and ashamed of those of you who are blowing this out of proportion. But I understand code. I know what it really means when certain types of "minds" take certain courses of action. And I will not be part of that.

But I enjoy healthy debates too. For that reason I've always respected you POV Bro. Keita.

Often times on this forum I've tried to make a clear distinction between those of us who have knowledge and information and those of us who have real world experience. I believe we all have both, but many of us come here to share our knowledge for different reasons.

This thread and topic is not an attack against those who share information and acquire knowledge. This thread is speaking about "the highest self mastery" and the story never really points out what that is. This is because that part is up to us, whatever it is. The young boy made that decision for himself.

What the story and commentary does point out however, is that we take knowledge as our highest self mastery when it is not. Does this mean you shouldn't gain knowledge? No it doesn't. But the Elders are trying to teach us that knowledge is not you "Highest" self mastery. Knowledge is what you use where in this world to navigate and gain direction, hence the bus route reference.

There are many of us here on this forum, who acquire "information" as knowledge as a means to gain direction. But far to many of us who see this knowledge as some type of advancement and levitation over others. Hence the strong statement "you have acquired nothing."

Is this lesson unheard of? I myself hear it all the time from my Elders, even those who have vast knowledge about every single system on the planet and have read every book will agree that that knowledge is NOT their highest mastery, but in fact without the knowledge of self, IE self learning- whatever information they have gathered over the years is meaningless.

There are a few right here on Destee who will testify to that.

The difference between knowledge and learning, is the fact that we can compile loads of knowledge into our brains and still learn absolutely nothing from it. Like reading about racing cars does not give you the learning on how to drive one successfully.

As much as I "know" and as much as I have learned, I will still say that I am no greater than the poorest African child. Yet there are far too many of us who claim Africa with our knowledge by still have not "learned" how to get there. Haven't even learned how to save $800 for a plane ticket.

Yet you are African. You want all the rights as an African, the same rights as those in Africa that are still being slaughtered and killed by Europeans right now as we speak. Blown to bits and pieces by their weapons. We are Africans only through our knowledge but not through our learning, we haven't learned how to be African- hel, we haven't learned how to be Earthlings.

An Earthling is a being of native Earth that travels to see the world they are part of, they roam the planet from place to place- learning about people, learning about culture, learning about systems through the OWN eyes not through the eyes of writers. We are only Earthlings through our knowledge. We haven't learned what this planet IS.

We have never seen it. We have seen it through foreign lenses.

We have only seen a piece of it or pieces of it. Therein is the clear difference between knowledge and learning. Now there is nothing wrong with knowledge. But don't call it your Highest self mastery. How could it be when it really has nothing to do with your SELF- that which is beyond the body, it has more to do with your "physical" survival.

What fool who has read a book about fishing would go to an Elder who has been fishing all his life only to say to him, "I am a better fisherman" only a fool would do such. We will say knowledge is power, but that's an incomplete sentence.

Is the knowledge we have stored within us power? If that was the case Teachers would rule the world. Knowledge is power when it is applied. That's where the "learning" comes in. We have to LEARN how to apply knowledge, or else knowledge keeps us stagnant, immobile and inaccessible.

The real problem is that we've been educated by Europeans for too long. No one can really "teach" you anything. You are a God or Goddess. What they can do is "reach"= (the true meaning of the word teach)- within you and pull out what you need to "remember" about yourself.

The Mother Lion doesn't teach the Cub anything. The Cub has the same genetic information as the Mother and generations before that. She is simply reactivating that information. No one taught me how to play the piano. But my GrandFather played, so I reached within and pull out that information, still I had to sit at the piano at least 3 times and week and learn.

We have generations and generations of information stored with us already. Why aren't we using it? Why do we continue to pile more information up within ourselves. Access that information you have already. So many of us are struggling and there is data within us that we've already mastered.
This is peace.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back